Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Pump tape was trash . Flex like ouhhh is the one tho.

So are these dudes making money somehow off stream or just the traditional sales?

I wouldn't know lil pump if it wasn't for dj academics promoting his garbage non stop. same with xxx trash and trippie red :smh: its like because I go to his page on the gram thats all that pops up in my explore tab lol

random. but saycheesetv ig page is literally like the rap inmate page. you don't get posted on there unless youre involved in some kinda pending case. **** crazy. I think its a lil white girl that run the page too smh

Ya'll give Ak way too much credit. I've done seen them dudes outside of him promoting them way before he did. Any other page that covers hip hop is posting them as well. They're all over my ig feed

Give me examples.

Cuz say cheese, kollege kid, level up, ourmusic gen, definitely weren’t posting lil pump before ak

I didn't know about Ak or see his name or IG float on my tl until Everyday Struggle. D Rose came out like this time last year and blew early this year like July. I have seen all these people float around before I even heard of Ak.

This joint came on somewhere tonight and I'm sorry I'm rocking w/ at least this joint.

Definitely mostly because of the beat. At this point everyone is the same it's just a matter of your connections and presentation.

Mr. 2-17 should be up there w/ Pierre and Metro.

Dude definitely has dope beats. If he took **** more serious, he could be cool. He has a few songs, but most like that one is just basic.

I wouldn't know lil pump if it wasn't for dj academics promoting his garbage non stop. same with xxx trash and trippie red :smh: its like because I go to his page on the gram thats all that pops up in my explore tab lol

random. but saycheesetv ig page is literally like the rap inmate page. you don't get posted on there unless youre involved in some kinda pending case. **** crazy. I think its a lil white girl that run the page too smh

Lmao maybe this is a different page but I think it's a dude called Shawn Warren.

They were on his *** because he posted Tay K's second charge and it had him at 100 years old (so I guess ppl saying it's fake and he's just making Tay K's situation hotter).

These IG pages like Ak, ShadeRoom, DGB, SayCheese, Fameolous definitely add a lot of unnecessary drama to these celebs lives lol. but at the same time it's like the modern version of what 106/TRL was the way u go there for all your music/culture stuff and records often take off on IG/Twitter so they cant just b like dont post me lol.

Lmao maybe this is a different page but I think it's a dude called Shawn Warren.

They were on his *** because he posted Tay K's second charge and it had him at 100 years old (so I guess ppl saying it's fake and he's just making Tay K's situation hotter).

These IG pages like Ak, ShadeRoom, DGB, SayCheese, Fameolous definitely add a lot of unnecessary drama to these celebs lives lol. but at the same time it's like the modern version of what 106/TRL was the way u go there for all your music/culture stuff and records often take off on IG/Twitter so they cant just b like dont post me lol.

I might be thinking of level up.

But man that whole tay k situation is literally a shame. People literally posting dude music and giving him promo off the fact that he got an open case. **** is really sad

Shawn Cotton run SayCheese I know him through some of my Dallas _'s. Because SayCheese is Dallas based he was pretty much the first one of these ppl posting Tay K (whose from Arlington) before The Race and all the viral ****.

Give me examples.

Cuz say cheese, kollege kid, level up, ourmusic gen, definitely weren’t posting lil pump before ak

Smokepurrp and Pump been popping on Soundcloud but the reason why you might've seen Pump on Ak's page first as opposed to SayCheese, etc is because they're more WSHH/black audience oriented compared to AK. Majority of Pump, XXX etc fans are teen white kids. AK's fanbase kinda leans the same.

SayCheese tryna open up now but you'll see they kinda post more heavy about artist that might not be huge but have more of a black fanbase like NBA Youngboy and A Boogie mixed in with Dallas/Houston artists and local _'s from other cities that they were paid to post (like WSHH). AK post more of the "mainstream" already popular/hype artist.

I've posted this before but this is who pulling up to see Pump

My man right here lowkey 9 yrs old :lol:

Aks fan base isn’t teen whites bro. Or atleast people that interact w/ his IG page. You can read the comments for yourself it’s just not. people don’t even like when he posts that trash. He’s not doing it for his fans he’s doing it for whatever weird fetish he has with that “troll” “how ******ed can you get” type artists/music.

Everything else u said makes sense though

The Rap Game is all about ****in right now. Whoever is the most ignorant,****in,loudest,will succeed in todays climate. Look at the top artist who gets the majority of attention/push (Kendrick and Cole excluded). Cardi,Kodak,Migos,Cash me outside girl,pump,famous dex,xxxwhateverhisnameis,Uzi,etc. I can name more. Im not mad at it. But people need to realize whats going on. Instead of acting like this is real Hip Hop/Rap music that were getting today. Is it entertaining to some people (yes). But alot of these cats are straight up clowns. I like my share of ignorant rap from time to time. But its a little OD when thats all thats being pushed nowadays.

Its like the industry is being ran by a roster of nothing but Ying Yang twins with colored dreads. I do agree with what Joe Budden said in bis last podcast. Theres nothing about the rap game of today that would influence a real rapper to want to rap right now. The OG,s like Dre,Jay-Z,Nas,Cam,Russ etc. are to blame. They where suppose to recruit alot more talent from there cities to uphold the genre. Because there basically the gatekeepers. Imagine how horrible its going to be in the next 10 years. Laugh if you want. But look at what happened to hair metal bands of the 80,s. It faded away,then grunge came. But in its entirety. That genre of music is at a low point popularity wise.

We have nothing but parody ****in rappers now. There getting attention based off of the ignorance and outlandish stuff they say and do. Not because of the talent. Ive seen people watch these artist just to get a good laugh in. Not because there fans of these artist. Its like look at how ignorant and corny this artist is (everybody starts laughing at said artist like a joke). Not because the music is jamming. People basically sold out our culture for financial gain. In return its just one big parody **** show.

This is why artist like our legends dont release music that much anymore. Why would they. Rappin isnt even cool anymore to the artist who can really spit. Look at who's involved right now. Im suprised artist like Ross,Nas,Jay,Game still even rap. Nothing about todays rap music is inspiring. It would be like a professional athlete going to play in a highschool game. Why even bother. If i was a kid. I would look at the Rappers of today like there clowns.

I assume that wasn't Life Is Good and he re-recorded the whole thing. I wonder where's that album. I always wonder what happens to all that material, some of it has to be good. It's not like in the 90's where it would get thrown on a mixtape.

They saw that e-mail and laughed, hit delete, and thought it's a good thing it's not the 90's :lol:

Nas should have released that as a mixtape.

Back
Top Bottom