Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The Moncler 'blackface' **** was actually the face of a black penguin that they had a Japanese artist draw up. The japnese dude wasn't aware that his thing resembled blackface, he genuinely thought he drew a cartoon black penguin

However, due to public outrage, Moncler issued an apology and immediately recalled every item from that collection that featured that penguin that they didnt already finish selling.

I wanna know which designer at Gucci did that blackface **** cuz this isnt the first time they did it. And that style actually comes from a Black designer who died in 1991. I forgot his name but he was introducing blackface into fashion to desensitize it and to give a feel that he owned it instead of whites having the power to ridicule with it.

Ever since his death, because it made impact in fashion, it's been redone several times (mainly white designers). They look at it like "oh this sold, we need to bring it back" but it just doesnt mean the same thing if it's a white designer doing it tbh.. The art doesnt mean the same, I mean, it CANT mean the same.. They probably just liked the aesthetics and saw it sold and wanted to reintroduce it (fashion does this all the time, they go into the past and take **** and bring it back in the present).

These white designers need to be educated on that dude and the message behind what he was doing, cuz it's just silly when a white person does it, it takes away the meaning and the real reason as to why that style had a cult following during those years of fashion. Also, it makes them seem ignorant towards racist history and thus makes them also seem insensitive, offensive, and themselves racist. Don't just look at previous styles and try to make money off them... Learn their entire history and what and why they were relevant to their time, then ask yourself "am I the right person to be doing this?"

I guess im asking "which designer did they hire to do this?" because if it was Dapper Dan who did it and was paying homage, then I guess I can understand... but if it's some non-black person............. Nah.

tbh mellysa probly turned himself in cuz he was like "man i know i aint kill em so if i turn myself in it'll just give me a way bigger buzz and ima beat the case cuz i actually didnt do it and then ima have a beyond mainstream buzz"

TI done made a damn floyd mayweather diss.

**** hard tho fr! lol

thing is, i dont think anything he sayin gonna really strike a nerve with floyd. he's shown time and time again he has no conscious when it comes to racial social issues...

YNW Sakchaser?
834B00DB-21DB-4435-9209-C4234CEBAC0D.gif

All Floyd gotta do is buy tip publishing and masters or hit him with “that why I fu**** yo bish “

TI is the same dude that boycotted the NFL for a season then stopped because he said they made a fair compromise. So yea

Finally got around to that Jeezy x Boston George project, this **** type hard. Jeezy in full dopeboy mode on this one :lol:

Never gave this boston george dude a try but he reminds me of Yo Gotti a bit.

Back
Top Bottom