Catch you at the light I blow yo *** off the Ducatti
Man *****s aint gon do me like Sammy did Gotti
I'll do it myself; I don't need no help
Give me a knife; I'll get rid of your neighborhood bully
Give me a minute; I'll take a ****ing car with a pully
See the hood is the thief that stole my innocence young
*****s jump me cuz they couldn't beat me one on one :smh: :smokin

Yo 50 was NICE. :smokin :smokin

You was rapping this to the broads as well?

I mean in all reality what is wrong with that Dapper Dan statement, were ya'll really expecting a full boycott of Gucci?

8997CC33-1EFA-4D86-94C9-22015D067CA9.jpeg

Fam what is wrong with people :smh::lol:
Lmao

Who is Dapper Dan?
From what I gathered, a Harlem street legend who made (vintage I think) Gucci hot round his parts. They basically just started giving buddy reparations for what he did for the culture so it's no surprise Gucci got him like that

My cousin Uzi out in LA
Went trippin through the sets again
Got shot the **** up
Tryna rob the wrong Mexicans :smokin

They say you could never repay the price
For taking a man's life
I'm in debt with Christ
I done did that twice
I'm nice
Yall *****s can't hang with 50
Bdddat. Yall *****s can't bang with 50.
:lol:

You see the drama got me ridin' with a sawed off shotti
Catch you at the light I blow yo *** off the Ducatti
Man *****s aint gon do me like Sammy did Gotti
I'll do it myself; I don't need no help
Give me a knife; I'll get rid of your neighborhood bully
Give me a minute; I'll take a ****ing car with a pully
See the hood is the thief that stole my innocence young
*****s jump me cuz they couldn't beat me one on one :smh: :smokin

Yo 50 was NICE. :smokin :smokin
That middle portion :pimp::nthat:

Who is "we", not trying to **** on Dan but what exactly is he going to do if he doesn't like their answer?
Who is Dapper Dan?
If you got time this film gives a detailed breakdown among other things. Think its still on Netflix

Full on boycott would be the most sensible thing as a collective, but cats not about that life.

I’m rolling my eyes because it’s all lip service with a majority of these situations. Folks don’t really care.

I agree, in essence what gucci did was wrong 100%, but to see this "mobilization" of people and to focus that energy on Gucci is nuts to me. There's A lot of other avenues that hurt us more than a european designer.

Hell Rather then keeping Gucci's name in algorithms, i propose whoever is boycotting Gucci to just post their favorite black designers & stores. etc etc. I see some of these list pop up every couple of months, but never a sustained & confirmed list.

Full on boycott would be the most sensible thing as a collective, but cats not about that life.

I’m rolling my eyes because it’s all lip service with a majority of these situations. Folks don’t really care.

@4:30 Killer Mike summed up Boycotting perfectly. People are asking others to do what they wont. Wanting people to boycott this and that while still showing up to work and paying taxes.

Who is Dapper Dan?

Damn kinda surprised to see this question.

Dap is a Harlem legend. A lot of the early hip hop acts went to Dap for custom luxury outfits. If you look at a lot of 80s and early 90s hip hop pics and vids whenever you see someone decked out in LV, MCM, Gucci, etc most likely it was a custom Dap fit. I believe the cover of Paid in Full by Eric B and Rakim is custom Dap fits.

Dope boys kinda made Dap hot and that transitioned into hip hop once rappers started getting that kinda bread. Dudes would even have Dap do their interiors for their cars and ****.

You gotta remember that the overdone logos and flashy pieces have always been a hip hop/ urban thing. When we get money we want you to know. Luxury fashion houses like Gucci didn’t really embrace this trend until recently. Gucci kinda honored Dap (after stealing his designs/ influence) by giving him a collection like a year ago.

If you follow luxury brands you will notice that the overly monogrammed stuff is actually the cheaper pieces. Wealthier (white) cats have always shy’d away from such looks because we typically kinda knew they were rich already.

Last edited:
Agreed. I'm not even calling for cats to spend any more energy on Gucci, or any of those European designers who are giving black people their *** to kiss.

Lift up black entrepreneurship and businesses. Buy from and advocate for black fashion designers. I'd argue that 9 times out of 10, these mf's wearing that **** for the logo, not for the aesthetic, because a lot of that stuff is trash if we're keeping it real.

The people at the forefront of this 3 month ban are the ones who have the capability to influence a large percentage of the urban community.

Knowing that mf's call for outrage... then put a 3 month time limit on it... **** is frustrating. We get moments wherein we have the chance to change things around for our community, but fall short of doing so for whatever reason.

I got an idea to fix **** though. It's go time when I learn how to make an app.

If u serious keep me posted I’m in tech and I got a lil money to blow.

I hate that instead of us just making our own black high end fashion house we just doing some “you on timeout” **** with Gucci.

We gotta do better man. It’s ****ed up cuz if Ye didn’t go crazy he had the influence (maybe not the designs) to actually start something crazy with Donda. I truly believe homie didn’t know his own value and he only believes he is solidified when whites with old money/ influence are behind him. **** makes me sick.

Dude was sucking that Prada and LV **** for years now.

Btw Gucci and all them went on rants for years about saying Dap products were fake only to double back and hire/ honor him later.

Without Dap a lot of blacks would’ve never got into Gucci etc. especially when you consider 80s and 90s fashion. Gucci and most of these luxury house are just now getting hip to influence of streetwear and hip hop culture. I will give Gucci credit though they saw the wave earlier than a lot of other high fashion houses.

Last edited:
@4:30 Killer Mike summed up Boycotting perfectly. People are asking others to do what they wont. Wanting people to boycott this and that while still showing up to work and paying taxes.

I watched Mike's interview and a lot of that is applicable to a host issues that call for boycotts. Mike is solid in my book.

But for the sake of discussion, lets isolate this to the conversation of Gucci, Dapper Dan, and Clifford.

Gucci pulled some ****, black people recognize that it's foul. One of their solutions is to patch things up with Dan, who was propped up in the black community for decades, but only gained a seat at their table within the past 2 years.

If Dan, the man the urban community applauded and championed, chose to walk away from Gucci and start his own brand, it's conceivable that his stand for solidarity would be reciprocated by the black community in supporting his brand.

I rock with TI, but I stand by what I said when I called boycotting for 3 months some asinine ****. That's like cheating on your spouse and taking them back after you get lonely and think your absence has caused them to suffer enough, when the reality of the matter is that you may be better off growing a backbone and walking away.

Mf's really calling for putting Gucci in time out.

Cats don't realize that black culture influences the world in more ways than we even realize.

Back
Top Bottom