Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I’m never surprised at the Thug apologists :lol:

Sex fan base is wild

It’s kinda interesting how you’re the first one to post some wild **** Thug does. Like, even the ***** in here that **** with him, know for a fact he be on some bs :lol:.

But I bet it. It’s you trying to pull the “drake fan” thing, and point out a “that’s different”.

I peep it. I get it.

It’s kinda interesting how you’re the first one to post some wild **** Thug does. Like, even the ***** in here that **** with him, know for a fact he be on some bs :lol:.

But I bet it. It’s you trying to pull the “drake fan” thing, and point out a “that’s different”.

I peep it. I get it.

Just like everyone else does in here, I defend my favorite artist(s)...and clown on the ones idc about, it’s just trash talk at the end of the day keeping the thread moving :lol:

Thug really been his own enemy. Got all the co-signs and still ain't reached his potential, influenced a good amount of these dudes and they passed him, all his trollin backfires, mismanaged career.

I think it’s hard to say what could’ve/should’ve happen when the trolling and eccentrics is what got him all that early attention in the first place, as well as the the cult base he got now. Bruh could easily be Cashout/Dae Dae status instead of fresh off a J Cole tour :lol:

It’s just like the Takeoff convo tho. A lot of dudes not interested in changing themselves in order to be more mainstream palatable

I think it’s hard to say what could’ve/should’ve happen when the trolling and eccentrics is what got him all that early attention in the first place, as well as the the cult base he got now. Bruh could easily be Cashout/Dae Dae status instead of fresh off a J Cole tour :lol:

It’s just like the Takeoff convo tho. A lot of dudes not interested in changing themselves in order to be more mainstream palatable

So dude couldn't build a fan base w/o the clown ****?

I wouldn't compare him to Takeoff cuz Takeoff stays low key. Thug clearly wants to be a superstar and loves attention. It just ain't worked out how he wanted.

used to be on MTV as Amanda Diva

failed music career

now she's a unfunny comedian/actress

Yo I just looked up her stuff on a Apple Music and it just reminded me of the late 00’s so much :lol: from the beats to the cover art

McDonalds African american demographic commercial vibez

I never knew she made music.

Lowkey I miss that time in life

So dude couldn't build a fan base w/o the clown ****?

I wouldn't compare him to Takeoff cuz Takeoff stays low key. Thug clearly wants to be a superstar and loves attention. It just ain't worked out how he wanted.

Nowhere in my post did I say that :lol:

I’m just saying it’s hard to go back and say he should’ve/shouldn’t did XYZ when that **** played a part in his marketing/branding and the excitement people felt about him

Look at it from the macro bro. His brand and brand evangelists prolly his biggest asset right now. Stoner/Lifestyle was like 5-6 years ago at this point :lol: **** moves fast as hell today, think about how many _’s and trends have came up and dropped off the planet in that time

At this point Thug is lowkey better off as a cult phenomenon who exists on the outskirts of the mainstream...nothing alike music wise but almost like 3 stacks...he dabbled in making hits when he wanted to but mostly did him

it would be weird to see him have a Carter 3 type moment

Thug long term is gonna be alright

Thug really been his own enemy. Got all the co-signs and still ain't reached his potential, influenced a good amount of these dudes and they passed him, all his trollin backfires, mismanaged career.

To people over a certain age who give a damn about that gay and troll **** yeah but he’s a legend to our generation

Tha Tour is a legitimate unironically classic project to us. ****** almost cry to how fast time went by and the memories from that time period. And we just now hitting our early 20’s. man we got Thug for a little minute if y’all hating *** ****** don’t :smh: :lol:

He just gotta keep trying new **** and surrounding himself w young street ****** to keep fresh energy around.

the hood babies gon keep him hot. Really that whole little Atlanta clique is about to be the (t)rap Yankees Wayne/Hov/Kanye/Drake should have built in the mid late 00’s.

Nowhere in my post did I say that :lol:

I’m just saying it’s hard to go back and say he should’ve/shouldn’t did XYZ when that **** played a part in his marketing/branding and the excitement people felt about him

Look at it from the macro bro. His brand and brand evangelists prolly his biggest asset right now. Stoner/Lifestyle was like 5-6 years ago at this point :lol: **** moves fast as hell today, think about how many *****s and trends have came up and dropped off the planet in that time

We ain't even going back though, at the time people was saying his marketing was trash.

So how is Takeoff and Thug alike?

Tha Tour is a legitimate unironically classic project to us. *****s almost cry to how fast time went by and the memories from that time period. And we just now hitting our early 20’s. man we got Thug for a little minute if y’all hating *** *****s don’t :smh: :lol:

Who is "yall hating *** _'s? :lol:

I think he's comparing how they may be satisfied with their popularity and don't desire the spotlight as much as people want them to

Thug's actions don't say that though. He's been a internet clown for years. He's talented enough to be where is now w/o the clown stuff.

We ain't even going back though, at the time people was saying his marketing was trash.

People also said Thug wasn’t gonna be around more than 1-2 years :lol:

The similarity imo is 2 _’s that I’m sure know very well what they “should be doing” but instead just kinda doing it on they own terms

Thug and Gunna both on the same label (300) and got a lot of the same ppl behind them

Thug could easily make himself and his music more palatable to the average listener...and ride out in the lane his sons are in.

Instead, he chooses to be on the exirimental, weirdo troll tip...and dip and dab where he wants to.

A lot of older dudes don’t mind thug and recognize his talents. It’s the antics that keep him from fully obtaining an audience that would more fully embrace him.

In the same vein...takeoff could try to attention seek, do more features, he outgoing, date a poppin chick or be more seen. Instead, he’s comfortable making records and picking up the bag as the 3rd migo.

I think what str8drop str8drop is illustrating is how there are avenues they could tap into if they wanted to be “bigger”. They just mostly choose not to.

Thug could easily make himself and his music more palatable to the average listener...and ride out in the lane his sons are in.

Instead, he chooses to be on the exirimental, weirdo troll tip...and dip and dab where he wants to.

A lot of older dudes don’t mind thug and recognize his talents. It’s the antics that keep him from fully obtaining an audience that would more fully embrace him.

In the same vein...takeoff could try to attention seek, do more features, he outgoing, date a poppin chick or be more seen. Instead, he’s comfortable making records and picking up the bag as the 3rd migo.

I think what str8drop str8drop is illustrating is how there are avenues they could tap into if they wanted to be “bigger”. They just mostly choose not to.

Ya'll be making Thug music way more than it is. :lol:

And I **** with his music.

We are in the weirdo/"experimental" era.

Ya'll be making Thug music way more than it is. :lol:

And I **** with his music.

I’m not trying to make it more than it is :lol:. I’m telling you what Lyor told him.

“If you don’t freestyle, and you actually work on the singles” - Lyor

lyor actually know his ****
thats what folks be tryna over look

That video is the classic case of business vs art. Lyor is trying to tell Thug how to best capitalize and commercialize his work got popular consumption..Thug says it’s Art, and it’s meant to be just that. Left as it is.

That’s what str8drop str8drop is getting at.

Yet Solange just dropped a experimental album last week, sold literally half of what her last **** did and briought all type of ppl out the woodwork thirsty to tear it down :lol: :smh:

Most ppl are normies bro, they like regular polished easy digestible ****.

Look at how many people was up in arms over Future lil part on Kings Dead, Thug got whole songs like that where he forcing his voice to crack etc

Back
Top Bottom