Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

That video is the classic case of business vs art. Lyor is trying to tell Thug how to best capitalize and commercialize his work got popular consumption..Thug says it’s Art, and it’s meant to be just that. Left as it is.

That’s what str8drop str8drop is getting at.
:lol:
****** kill me with the
"this is art"
also "the culture"
and a bunch of other trash *** sayings folks say now

:lol:
*****s kill me with the
"this is art"
also "the culture"
and a bunch of other trash *** sayings folks say now

Dawg...I’m not even trying to gas it in that way. Just read wtf I’m typing :lol:.

Recording music is an art form. Young thug is a musical artist. When he’s recording...it’s art. How you interpret it as good or bad is on you. That’s what I’m getting at.

What Lyor is trying to get thug to do...is clean up (he literally says this) his songs and do more interviews and be seen so he can become bigger.

You gotta relax.

Dawg...I’m not even trying to gas it in that way. Just read wtf I’m typing :lol:.

Recording music is an art form. Young thug is a musical artist. When he’s recording...it’s art. How you interpret it as good or bad is on you. That’s what I’m getting at.

What Lyor is trying to get thug to do...is clean up (he literally says this) his songs and do more interviews and be seen so he can become bigger.

You gotta relax.
no no i get that
its just how artists are acting these days
joe Budden and his "we creators we create"
that stuff be irritating

Yet Solange just dropped a experimental album last week, sold literally half of what her last **** did and briought all type of ppl out the woodwork thirsty to tear it down :lol: :smh:

Most ppl are normies bro, they like regular polished easy digestible ****.

Look at how many people was up in arms over Future lil part on Kings Dead

Some **** works, some don't. Kendrick's Pimp A Butterfly sold great and got great reviews while there is some people that don't like it.

I know some _'s that like Future's part on Kings Dead. Everybody is not gonna like the same thing.

I’m not trying to make it more than it is :lol:. I’m telling you what Lyor told him.

“If you don’t freestyle, and you actually work on the singles” - Lyor

As a thug fan that’s hard to watch cus Lyor talkin all facts, but at the same time the way thug work works for him it’s just *** from a fan point gettin all thoes fire loose tracks but it is what it is at this point

Some **** works, some don't. Kendrick's Pimp A Butterfly sold great and got great reviews while there is some people that don't like it.

I know some _'s that like Future's part on Kings Dead. Everybody is not gonna like the same thing.

Eh TPAB wasn’t that experimental tho, The fact that you brought it up is pretty much exactly my point

Solange previous album and TPAB are pretty much equal in their makeup. Some interesting forward thinking concepts, different type production but still very much traditional songmaking for the most part, with some accessible hits (I.e. cranes in the sky/King Kunta etc) That’s why they “worked”

This new Solange project ain’t that, a lot less cut on it

Last edited:
Eh TPAB wasn’t that experimental tho, The fact that you brought it up is pretty much exactly my point

Solange previous album and TPAB are pretty much equal in their makeup. Some interesting forward thinking concepts, different type production but still very much traditional songmaking for the most part, with some accessible hits (I.e. cranes in the sky/King Kunta etc) That’s why they “worked”

This new Solange project is similar but basically without a lot of the accessible **** :lol: why _’s responding to it how they are

How "experimental" it was is up to you. :lol:

Point is it was a completely different sound from his previous album and some people wasn't feeling it because they felt it was too "experimental" and not like his last album. Its a lot of examples of artist going left and some people loving it, some people hate it.

You said some people said Thug would only be around a year or 2 and it's also people that thought he would be a superstar.

Yet Solange just dropped a experimental album last week, sold literally half of what her last **** did and briought all type of ppl out the woodwork thirsty to tear it down :lol: :smh:

Most ppl are normies bro, they like regular polished easy digestible ****.

Look at how many people was up in arms over Future lil part on Kings Dead, Thug got whole songs like that where he forcing his voice to crack etc
You really loved this Solange project I see

Point is it was a completely different sound from his previous album and some people wasn't feeling it because they felt it was too "experimental" and not like his last album. Its a lot of examples of artist going left and some people loving it, some people hate it.

You said some people said Thug would only be around a year or 2 and it's also people that thought he would be a superstar.

I still would like to know what makes him “so talented” and “a genius”. No one has given an answer without using “vibey”, “in his pocket” or “unlocking flows”.

Aight bruh :lol: this is elementary now

I don't think Thug is gay at all tbh He's obviously trolling IMO

Never understood the hype behind his music though

I don't think Thug is gay at all tbh He's obviously trolling IMO

Never understood the hype behind his music though

If anyone ever doubted, him in that Gucci thing confirms hes a ***** troll. He's almost close to washed for me. Can't remember the last time I enjoyed a project from him

Back
Top Bottom