Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

So Chris Brown has a single that nobody is really talking about with @Hahahaha boy G Easy . When we gon keep it a buck and admit that Bhris isn't all that he's cracked up to be? Talented but very hot or miss and more so leaning in the miss side?

Also how much longer is he gonna be allowed to make kid music?

Chris problem is he’s chasing that Pop crowd and trying to get a smash. When he sticks to R&B, he makes great music. I wish he would focus on quality instead of that but it’s all about money.
Basically this. When he makes R&B with a couple pop singles in there, he’s good. But I haven’t heard that new song anywhere.

I don't think Chris Brown is hated by them. They don't care about him. I don't think anyone hates him anymore. They look at him like DMX. He's a side show. I know that's how I look at him. It's never long before you hear about him doing something stupid in real life or online.

I don't think Chris Brown has been making bad music per say. I think he's treating music like fast food. And just put anything out. So most of it's forgettable.

I don't think Chris Brown is hated by them. They don't care about him. I don't think anyone hates him anymore. They look at him like DMX. He's a side show. I know that's how I look at him. It's never long before you hear about him doing something stupid in real life or online.

I don't think Chris Brown has been making bad music per say. I think he's treating music like fast food. And just put anything out. So most of it's forgettable.
Yeah if anything I see the "leave him alone" comments when someone tries to hate or bring up old ****

My main issue is the lack of progression . Dude has been trying to make these same upbeat, kid pop joints for damn near like 15 years now.

Last edited:

I think they are indifferent now because he's not hot, but when he was droppin' hits his past is always brought up
Even with that last rape accusation folks was ready to draw right back to the Rihanna situation as reason we should have already written him off

I think they are indifferent now because he's not hot, but when he was droppin' hits his past is always brought up
Even with that last rape accusation folks was ready to draw right back to the Rihanna situation as reason we should have already written him off

I don't hear of anyone who even talks about him besides young black people.

That rape accusation got national news or shade room news?

Ain't even hear about any rape accusation. Last thing I remember him being on the shaderoom for him allegedly snortin coke :lol:

After further review of this new j cole, this **** bang. It’s a shame he added young thug to the song. 2 verses from j cole and the hook by Travis and this is a top 5 song on the charts smh

I don't hear of anyone who even talks about him besides young black people.

That rape accusation got national news or shade room news?

I won't say he's not being talked about just because I'm not in everybody conversations. But again, there's little reason to speak about him now because he's no longer dropping great music

Idk what level attention it got, I don't watch the news or follow nation news social media accounts so, it certainly could have been more or less a big deal.
Either way, with him not making the same level of music he's no longer center stage. For sure his fanbase is solid and unwavering but he's not the star he used to be and for the most part he doesn't NEED to at this stage in social media.

Watchin' this DaBaby & Angela Yee interview and I don't think I like his interviewing style. He's got that super laid back super cool guy attitude. He'll break character in and out but he'll always resort back to that "deep voice soft spoken short on words" role.
Don't really care for Yee's "Lip Service" production either but I know I'm not the demographic

da baby cool i think dude is just being himself..on the contrary i mess with dave east his music is cool but i think he tries to hard to be tough

That diaper stuff made me write dude off initially. Thought it was in the same vein as the clown “clout chasing” **** that was becoming get prominent in hip hop (see 69, lil pump, lil ____), so I was cool. But homie has some good tracks and seems to be moving way better now than back then. You can tell someone with sense told him to ditch the antiques and focus on the music. I can respect that. That violence **** seems to be following him because of the past, but dude seems to be moving on defense. Hopefully he can keep his eyes on the money and not slip up in the bs.

Back
Top Bottom