Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

everything fell into place perfectly.

Conway and westside gunn are brothers.
wsg uses his money, time, etc. to promote his brother and his dream to rap.
Conway gets shot in the head and neck and may not survive.
survives but won't be able to rap according to the doctors. lucky to not be paralyzed iirc.
westside gunn then tries to promote himself and takes rap more seriously.
he goes to an underground hip hop club and meets daringer.
** my order might be off here **
Conway heals enough and works hard enough to be able to rap again although his delivery/voice is altered due to bells palsy which he got from being shot in the head.
westside gunn reaches out to daringer for a beat or two. they develop a relationship and he starts producing almost everything from wsg and Conway.
they get a buzz and through the buzz make connections by themselves (such as action Bronson, roc Marciano, skyzoo, etc.).
they end up getting hooked up with their manager who works with em I think from one of the connections above.
manager said f a management deal here's a label deal with shady and here's your label on it (like diplomat records through rocafella/def jam)
benny is in the streets but wsg needs a verse for a song. throws benny on a tape.
benny is their cousin. just happens that the entire family is NICE.
benny was on several tapes but really going through it while we're listening telling ppl that this is the dude.
benny gets signed to Griselda officially once wsg gets a deal for himself and Conway through shady.
they use the connections to show up at Coachella, have their own tours, etc.

now everybody from wu to dj premiere to the lox, etc. are cosigning them.
and they're all over 34 except el camino.

i'm missing a lil like benny taking a loss in the streets around the time he signed to Griselda that makes the story even better but yeah.

missing the fact that Keisha plum and westside gunn are childhood friends and how they reconnected years later and now she's signed too.

missing the trust gang stuff, dj shay stuff, etc. but its a cool lil story how everything came together for them and how you can't go by age limits/requirements or having to conform to the radio to succeed.

missing flee lords story and how they took him under their wing after prodigy passed and some bsf stuff but you get the idea.
also missing how wsg meets sly green in prison.

Last edited:
755021EF-CED9-40FD-BCF9-804C2565A837.jpeg

Drakes accolades are from pop music but I guess it’s relevent here since he does some hip hop music >D

Drakes accolades are from pop music but I guess it’s relevent here since he does some hip hop music >D

Regardless “they” lump him in with hip hop acts/music so this is a good look for a hip hop artist to be running billboard/the charts

survives but won't be able to rap according to the doctors. lucky to not be paralyzed iirc.
Conway heals enough and works hard enough to be able to rap again although his delivery/voice is altered due to bells palsy which he got from being shot in the head.
westside gunn reaches out to daringer for a beat or two. they develop a relationship and he starts producing almost everything from wsg and Conway.
they get a buzz and through the buzz make connections by themselves (such as action Bronson, roc Marciano, skyzoo, etc.).
they end up getting hooked up with their manager who works with em I think from one of the connections above.
manager said f a management deal here's a label deal with shady and here's your label on it (like diplomat records through rocafella/def jam)
benny is in the streets but wsg needs a verse for a song. throws benny on a tape.
benny was on several tapes but really going through it while we're listening telling ppl that this is the dude.
benny gets signed to Griselda officially once wsg gets a deal for himself and Conway through shady.

i'm missing a lil like benny taking a loss in the streets around the time he signed to Griselda that makes the story even better but yeah.

missing the fact that Keisha plum and westside gunn are childhood friends and how they reconnected years later and now she's signed too.

missing the trust gang stuff, dj shay stuff, etc. but its a cool lil story how everything came together for them and how you can't go by age limits/requirements or having to conform to the radio to succeed.

missing flee lords story and how they took him under their wing after prodigy passed and some bsf stuff but you get the idea.

If i were to listen to the top 3 projects of theirs, what would it be so I can d/l

Regardless “they” lump him in with hip hop acts/music so this is a good look for a hip hop artist to be running billboard/the charts

Cause he’s half black but he makes music for the whites and the passive aggressive kids and *****es

He’s not Hip Hop and he never gonna be looked at like the real Hip Hop legends.

The face of a dweeb

If i were to listen to the top 3 projects of theirs, what would it be so I can d/l

It’ll probably be worth it to get a streaming service since most of their work is on Tidal, Apple Music, Spotify. I think Tidal still gives free 30 day trials.

It’ll probably be worth it to get a streaming service since most of their work is on Tidal, Apple Music, Spotify. I think Tidal still gives free 30 day trials.

Yea I got Tidal, I just wouldn't know where to start, I'll give it a listen

hard to narrow it down to a top three IMO but two on my list that include bars plus production would be:

hitler wears hermes 6 IMO is the best produced project from griselda records from start to finish. i'd start with that.

maybe don't get scared now and there's god and there's flygod praise both but they're older projects so the production and bars improved since then...but thats around where everyone first heard benny so...(on the praise both tape).

(I chose the other two because they're shorter projects...flygod has a lot of tracks...reject 2 is dope but I think hwh6 from start to finish is the go to project for someone not into them to get into the music)

So we supposed to cheer for ****** because dawg got shot? That’s the story?? All my favorite rappers been shot...You heard about them 100 shots in Charlotte to Dolph? Yall ****** tripping lol I respect the shooter anyway.

So we supposed to cheer for *****s because dawg got shot? That’s the story?? All my favorite rappers been shot...You heard about them 100 shots in Charlotte to Dolph? Yall *****s tripping lol I respect the shooter anyway.

1. Difference between
getting shot & getting “shot-at”

2. Eric holder was a shooter

1. Difference between
getting shot & getting “shot-at”

2. Eric holder was a shooter

I was gone edit it to say except the ***** that killed nip but I said **** it...Dolph been shot too. They went thru all that just to give a detailed version of damn near every other rap *****...****** really get shot everyday whether y’all believe it or not...I’m not impressed, what else y’all got? :emoji_thinking:

Lol I see they added a new category of people in there this time

“Passive aggressive kids” :lol:

The salt intensifies

That ain't new, people calling him and his music that. You just don't talk to broads so you wouldn't hear it.

First time hearing that Roddy Ricch dude on that E40 song. I like him he rides the melody smooth. Gonna check out more music by dude.

These ****** borrowin' the guns they use, not me I got my own stick like I'm 'bout to come play pool
Ride in the car with bricks, that's one brave move
I never did it, that's why my ***** one paid mule
****** say they want gunplay, cool
But they don't really wanna go there, it's like Sunday school

This _ Spesh ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom