Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I missed the Texas freestyle wave...was in the Army from 06-09 and I swear half the dudes was from Texas(and loved to tell everybody 24/7)...I got put onto a lot of culture mane!!! Miss those dudes...

———————————-
Not Texas but an honorable mention cause my homie from corpus Christie put me on...

yall discuss more music that yall dont like
and dont wanna discuss
more than anything else in this thread :smh:

The guy who types up long paragraphs anytime Jay-Z is mentioned

giphy.gif

“Tuesday” got 165 million views on YouTube but it wasn’t far reaching. I can’t with some of you dudes :lol:

pickisies-choosies I tell you

Usually when Drake is attached to something, y’all make a huge hubbub about it. Now it’s “oh, Tuesday wasn’t that big of a song. It wasn’t far reaching”

“Tuesday” got 165 million views on YouTube but it wasn’t far reaching. I can’t with some of you dudes :lol:

pickisies-choosies I tell you

Usually when Drake is attached to something, y’all make a huge hubbub about it. Now it’s “oh, Tuesday wasn’t that big of a song. It wasn’t far reaching”

How many views the non drake version got? :nerd:Remix got 165m in 4 years.

Old Town video got 186m in 4 weeks :lol:

Edit -
90CC53F6-6FF9-4517-BD30-2F913EE9195F.jpeg

I see what you saying. I do agree he got a machine behind him but I think it came later after the initial success. Like many things hip hop, young black folks on the internet were spreading the song EVERYWHERE, I first heard it in a clip compilation my kid showed me.

Then folks really got behind him when they took him off the country charts. People were purposely playing the song more. Couple that with it being an open secret that lil bruh was gay and he was outta here once the labels got behind him.

Makonnen was a different lane and situation. This Lil Nas X kid is clean from his background to his music. Perfect storm :lol: bruh on twitter joking on himself along with everybody else. It’s hard not to like him.
The machine came far after. He was just an IG/Twitter dude making memes. We never wanna give dudes credit for anything

How many views the non drake version got? :nerd:Remix got 165m in 4 years.

Old Town video got 186m in 4 weeks :lol:

Edit -
90CC53F6-6FF9-4517-BD30-2F913EE9195F.jpeg

Regular old town got 76m.......

The REMIX has 275 so, what’s your point?

Without Billy Ray, you think that song would be as big? Oh, I’ll wait.......

Billy Ray made that song

Without the billboard controversy or Billy Ray Cyrus, that song would’ve been forgotten.

Atlanta is part of the country music belt too

(With Nashville, St. Louis, Texas, the Carolinas, and Great Plains) so yeah, he a plant

And Wavy the same dude who said Kevin Gates numbers were spruced up so, I don’t wanna hear it bruh.

Didn’t you call Uzi a plant too???

Bro...how the hell my name come up in this convo :lol:. I’m not even the one having it. And yes, I said Gates numbers was inflated a while back.

Hell, All these *****s numbers are juiced these days (and have been forever). What is the convo we are even having here? :lol:. No clue what the reference, talking point is.

Where we going with this bruh? Help me out lol.

Gates numbers are 1000% inflated but these days, a YouTube video doing 10M is almost nothing now.

Gates numbers are 1000% inflated but these days, a YouTube video doing 10M is almost nothing now.

It's really not even whether Gates numbers was fake or not with wavycrocket wavycrocket . All these _'s numbers are fake for all we know. It was just funny how he was using somebody that we literally saw build his fan base from the ground up and get bigger and bigger as the guy who's faking. Gates ain't just drop out the sky and go platinum with Islah. :lol:

Then he champions these dudes that do drop out the sky that got "next" and everybody's on their bandwagon out the blue.

It's really not even whether Gates numbers was fake or not with wavycrocket wavycrocket . All these _'s numbers are fake for all we know. It was just funny how he was using somebody that we literally saw build his fan base from the ground up and get bigger and bigger as the guy who's faking. Gates ain't just drop out the sky and go platinum with Islah. :lol:

Then he champions these dudes that do drop out the sky that got "next" and everybody's on their bandwagon out the blue.

EXACTLY. No credibility :lol: :rofl:

And ironically, Gates was rapping alongside, signed with, and aligned with husband favorite rapper, Lil Wayne. Gates definitely from the mud

Bro...say a name :lol:. Who? What artist I champion that “dropped outta nowhere and went plat?

Feel like you talking bout Lil Baby.

But I never denied Gates and have a fanbase or wasn’t moving. I just simply said...his numbers was juiced. He gave that game to young boy. Another artist I “championed” and said was “next”....who had an organic build himself with the youth and hood.

What in the world are y’all even arguing? :lol:. Grimey came outta left field with an unrelated comment...and y’all bout to go down an unrelated wormhole.

I ain’t going for it.

EXACTLY. No credibility :lol: :rofl:

And ironically, Gates was rapping alongside, signed with, and aligned with husband favorite rapper, Lil Wayne. Gates definitely from the mud

Bro...what the hell does anything I had to say about Kevin Gates have to do with, I’m guessing....Lil Nas X?

Like, make it correlate with the subject at hand.

Ppl still think that Billboard removal wasn't part of 'the plan'

Besides that, it’s funny watching “them” go from being up in arms about a black dude running up the country charts, to completely acting like the song doesn't exist :lol:

“They” made it a bigger deal than what it should’ve been

Lil Nas X situation is nothing like Makonnen and moreso like Cardi B, Lil Pump, Bhad Bhabie etc

Bruh had like 150-200k followers on twitter before he ever made a song

This dude used to be a part of the tweetdecking **** that Twitter banned where _’s would team and manufacture viral tweets, his OG meme twitter account actually got banned for that **** :lol:

Old Town Road is meme bait basically and dude is a savvy meme maker himself who knows other meme maker/accounts and all about virality, what type of **** gets engagement etc

Bro...say a name :lol:. Who? What artist I champion that “dropped outta nowhere and went plat?

Feel like you talking bout Lil Baby.

But I never denied Gates and have a fanbase or wasn’t moving. I just simply said...his numbers was juiced. He gave that game to young boy. Another artist I “championed” and said was “next”....who had an organic build himself with the youth and hood.

What in the world are y’all even arguing? :lol:. Grimey came outta left field with an unrelated comment...and y’all bout to go down an unrelated wormhole.

I ain’t going for it.

At that time when you was saying Gates numbers are fake NBA Youngboy was getting like 20+ million views for every single video but you never said his was fake. :lol:

It is unrelated though, I saw numbah1grimey numbah1grimey post and it just reminded me.

Back
Top Bottom