Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

At that time when you was saying Gates numbers are fake NBA Youngboy was getting like 20+ million views for every single video but you never said his was fake. :lol:

It is unrelated though, I saw numbah1grimey numbah1grimey post and it just reminded me.

Because he (Wavy) pretty much posted the billboard article a few pages ago. Pretty much implying how The Nas dude was organic and built himself up (which is cool)

But again, he just was bewildered by Gates.

Again, I’m one of those people who don’t care about popularity, views, streams, Social Media presence, whatever.

I just like a good product. I just found that funny (and expected from Wavy) :lol:

I’ll never listen to the Nas X dude and don’t care for him but, that was funny.

And he still be trying my dawgs Trav Scott and Lil Uzi. Uzi make bangers. Trav make bangers

Lil Nas X situation is nothing like Makonnen and moreso like Cardi B, Lil Pump, Bhad Bhabie etc

Bruh had like 150-200k followers on twitter before he ever made a song

This dude used to be a part of the tweetdecking **** that Twitter banned where _’s would team and manufacture viral tweets, his OG meme twitter account actually got banned for that **** :lol:

Old Town Road is meme bait basically and dude is a savvy meme maker himself who knows other meme maker/accounts and all about virality, what type of **** gets engagement etc
My comparison to MAKONENN wasn't about the music at all or how they started. One guy came out in the same industry that folks said would never accept a non hetro male and that **** went unnoticed. One guy came out in the same industry and is being SHOWERED with media attention and praise.

At that time when you was saying Gates numbers are fake NBA Youngboy was getting like 20+ million views for every single video but you never said his was fake. :lol:

It is unrelated though, I saw numbah1grimey numbah1grimey post and it just reminded me.

You literally saw me say all these *****s numbers are juiced...and Gates gave youngboy the game.

Two things can be true. A ***** can be next, have a growing organic fanbase, and tricking the numbers a bit - ie...Youngboy.

Those aren’t mutually exclusive :lol:. I always said I knew *****s f’d with Gates...I simply was saying his music and views on videos that weren’t even actual videos had hella funny numbers compared to songs/rappers that were bigger at the time.

How y’all can’t comprehend that...is beyond me. But yes another completely unrelated convo that ties two unrelated things...that weren’t even mentioned...brought to you by non other than Grimey.

My comparison to MAKONENN wasn't about the music at all or how they started. One guy came out in the same industry that folks said would never accept a non hetro male and that **** went unnoticed. One guy came out in the same industry and is being SHOWERED with media attention and praise.

Yeah I wasn’t referring to your post moreso the convo that followed

Because he (Wavy) pretty much posted the billboard article a few pages ago. Pretty much implying how The Nas dude was organic and built himself up (which is cool)

But again, he just was bewildered by Gates.

Again, I’m one of those people who don’t care about popularity, views, streams, Social Media presence, whatever.

I just like a good product. I just found that funny (and expected from Wavy) :lol:

Where did I imply that? I literally posted the billboard article to show how Lil Nas X is now able to tap into genres and placements that most black artist usually aren’t. Like Post Malone has the benefit of.

There’s also a 5 year difference in social attitudes etc. Thats the biggest thing.

But the play with Lil Nas X (as evidenced by his EP) is he’s not confined to one genre of music. So he’s existing in many different realms than just hip hop. And the acceptance factors, media attention, access etc can be different in those relative spaces.

210D8372-6067-406A-A962-98B4908221EA.png

That’s been traditionally HARD for black rappers, musicians to do up to today. Post Malone was able to occupy all those spaces...Lil Nas X and them are using the same playbook...and we saw the resistance to it.

Ain’t mad at him. And once again, Panini is my **** :pimp:.

That was my point. You don’t read bruh. This is my post. Nowhere was I implying organic vs plant. That’s not the point of my post.

Read. Stop projecting.

Because people are FICKLE and fake. They’ll listen to young thug talk about penises, calling males his lovers, etc. but quick to call another person gay, or say “oh, they just playing gay”. All kinds of excuses. People are followers bruh.

Uzi (I’m a fan) doing sissy stuff, etc. or like when buddy at the Grammys wore that Victorian style dress with the thin waist. People are phony. They want to be attached to stuff, no matter what.

That _ Prestley Snipes (Makonnen old manager) said Makonnen took his BF to Drake crib and he fanned out :lol: :smh:

Long story short he said that was the first and last time he ever went to Drake house :rofl:

You literally saw me say all these *****s numbers are juiced...and Gates gave youngboy the game.

Two things can be true. A ***** can be next, have a growing organic fanbase, and tricking the numbers a bit - ie...Youngboy.

Those aren’t mutually exclusive :lol:. I always said I knew *****s f’d with Gates...I simply was saying his music and views on videos that weren’t even actual videos had hella funny numbers compared to songs/rappers that were bigger at the time.

How y’all can’t comprehend that...is beyond me. But yes another completely unrelated convo that ties two unrelated things...that weren’t even mentioned...brought to you by non other than Grimey.

Cool. You wasn't saying all this back then though.

You was like

"Gates is tricking the numbers. Nope. Don't believe it at all.

But check out Lil YBC Draco, shorty got it :pimp:"

Whole time Lil Draco got 30 mil views in 2 days :lol:

Where did I imply that? I literally posted the billboard article to show how Lil Nas X is now able to tap into genres and placements that most black artist usually aren’t. Like Post Malone has the benefit of.

That was my point. You don’t read bruh. This is my post. Nowhere was I implying organic vs plant. That’s not the point of my post.

Read. Stop projecting.

My reading comprehensions kills are top notch. Fact of the matter is, the thread started talking about the Nas X kid potentially being a “plant”. Although you might’ve overlooked that narrative, when you yourself have had a history of considering dudes as plants and whatnot but I didn’t see you bat an eye at Nas X, possibly being a plant.

Call it projecting, call it whatever you want. You’re habitual at calling cats plants or bringing up numbers so hey, get a taste of your own medicine.

Cool. You wasn't saying all this back then though.

You was like

"Gates is tricking the numbers. Nope. Don't believe it at all.

But check out Lil YBC Draco, shorty got it :pimp:"

Whole time Lil Draco got 30 mil views in 2 days :lol:

This isn’t true. The convo was in relation to “cut it” by OT & Dolph at the time vs “Really Really”..

But imma let you get this misinformation off. Lil Baby still hard tho. I see where you at with it :lol:.

My reading comprehensions kills are top notch. Fact of the matter is, the thread started talking about the Nas X kid potentially being a “plant”. Although you might’ve overlooked that narrative, when you yourself have had a history of considering dudes as plants and whatnot but I didn’t see you bat an eye at Nas X, possibly being a plant.

Call it projecting, call it whatever you want. You’re habitual at calling cats plants or bringing up numbers so hey, get a taste of your own medicine.

Because....you don’t see me “bat an eye”...you....wait for it...project your thoughts on a discussion I wasn’t even having :lol:

DAF33D25-BD98-4F69-B6DD-AEC097FC8448.gif

I guess Nas X makes “festival” music now :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Wavy probably happy he got someone he think can get Travis Scott out the paint :lol: :rofl:

More projecting. But yeah. He does. And yeah...he could. They got similar sounds, in similar lanes, to similar crowds. What’s the point?

I like one f’n song by the *****, (panini :pimp:) and was trying to explain to you the dynamics of his billboard success. Now, I must be “championing” a *****. Go figure :lol:.

But you still talking about other ****. Completely unrelated. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom