Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

More projecting. But yeah. He does. And yeah...he could. They got similar sounds, in similar lanes, to similar crowds. What’s the point?

I like one f’n song by the *****, (panini :pimp:) and was trying to explain to you the dynamics of his billboard success. Now, I must be “championing” a *****. Go figure :lol:.

But you still talking about other ****. Completely unrelated. :smh:

You don’t even see the irony of you using BILLBOARD figures, to justify your argument.

The same publication that rejected buddy but all of a sudden he has crossover appeal in many genres :lol: :rofl:

You don’t even see the irony of you using BILLBOARD figures, to justify your argument.

The same publication that rejected buddy but all of a sudden he has crossover appeal in many genres :lol: :rofl:

:emoji_rolling_eyes:

Bro...you gotta be intentionally this hardheaded to not even comprehend what I’m saying. We not even talking on the same planes. Just parallel convos.

Jesus

Billboard folks told his a*** to fire off, now all of sudden (after a public uproar and people forcing Billboards hand) he’s this and that.

Let’s say billboard never took him off them country charts and just let him be, nobody would’ve paid any attention to dude.

That Billy Ray co-sign the Billboard controversy is what pushed him into the stratosphere. Which is cool but c’mon.

He’d still be a memer, making his money in that way

:emoji_rolling_eyes:

Bro...you gotta be intentionally this hardheaded to not even comprehend what I’m saying. We not even talking on the same planes. Just parallel convos.

Jesus

How’s it parallel?? You mentioned billboard bruh. Billboard, unfortunately rejected lil dude initially. So it’s like, why even use them as a source?

DAF33D25-BD98-4F69-B6DD-AEC097FC8448.gif

Valedictorian buddy.

How’s it parallel?? You mentioned billboard bruh. Billboard, unfortunately rejected lil dude initially. So it’s like, why even use them as a source?

For reference

Pretty much. But this BEEN going on. Eminem had access to actual pop and top 40 charts that black rappers didn’t.

I been talking about this on NT for a minute...but the charts been ***** on Black artists from the hip hop space until fairy recently. Streaming actually helped a bit for hip hop and charting. But even so, NF, G-Eazy, Post Malone, Macklemore, etc etc were and are getting actual placements on Pop radio. There was a time circa 2010-2015 when even Drake wasn’t get that look. Which is crazy.

Post Malone is currently charting on the Pop/Hip Hop Charts at the same time. Look at the other names on the hip hop list who aren’t charting on Pop.

348F6CDC-914A-401E-B002-38504EF2444E.png

AD6BB954-00CC-43B8-BCDF-CBD0983F1A5F.png

What makes Post Malone more of a Pop Star than Travi$ Scott? :nerd: :nerd:. Hell or even a country star. Both from Texas with similar images and sounds.

Post gets the placements tho.

https://niketalk.com/threads/rap-about-nothing-hip-hop-chat-thread.661840/page-2820#post-31499119

You wild bruh :lol:

My point was Old Town got more reach than Tuesday. The OG and the remix. Even with the drake feature. All that other stuff you sayin irrelevant :lol:

But you see how disrespectful it is, when people say Drake made “such and such hot”??

So how’s it far fetched to say Billy Ray made it? I haven’t even listen to that song but pretty much, that’s how people tend to be.

You wild bruh :lol:

My point was Old Town got more reach than Tuesday. The OG and the remix. Even with the drake feature. All that other stuff you sayin irrelevant :lol:

Yo literally just be making **** up, that got nothing to do with the topic at hand :lol:. It’s wild

I have no clue. I just know his first projects he was a Kanye and Cudi clone.

well if he was with good music (probably helping Kanye with stuff, also where kid cudi is), under Kanyes wing, basically his protege....wouldnt it make sense for him to sound like that?

I never understand why people point that kind stuff out. its like saying kawhi copied Tim Duncan...like aint that what you supposed to do? you're a student at that point learning from the GOAT(probably in his eyes) at the time

well if he was with good music (probably helping Kanye with stuff, also where kid cudi is), under Kanyes wing, basically his protege....wouldnt it make sense for him to sound like that?

I never understand why people point that kind stuff out. its like saying kawhi copied Tim Duncan...like aint that what you supposed to do? you're a student at that point learning from the GOAT(probably in his eyes) at the time
The comparison you're tryna make isn't comparable. It's one thing to take inspiration from an artist, it's another thing to take their entire flow, cadence and melodies. Stop it.

Back
Top Bottom