Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Alchemist low-key might be in this producer discussion. I don't think he's ever made a bad beat.

aint no low key and it aint no might.

ALC has been consistently crankin out high level production for YEARS. 1st infantry dropped and he's been rollin ever since.

only reason he's over looked is bc of the type of rappers he usually works with. most of em are "underground" and dont really garner the attention of the masses. in addition to that, his style of production doesnt really translate into commercial hits. but if you follow his career and the circle of artist he works with, you kno.

ALC is no question one of the goats.

Ross kept that trash Wayne verse :smh: ***** lips soft call her cotton mouth l

Fresh

3E3D0A53-5B19-402F-A403-13757EE03BEE.png

Fresh a GOAT, he carried a label and produced whole albums for years. **** is crazy.

Dre had a team, definitely put his name on other people’s beats.

Just Blaze overrated

Neptunes beats didn’t age well. Some of those beats sound like **** today. Some are still hard.

Agree with all this except the Just Blaze part.

Can’t give Dre too much credit when he had a team and took credit for other cats’ beats.

JB helped define the Rocafella sound. And he made I Really Mean It. I’ll never slander that man.

Actually... I take that back... I laugh every time I hear Dame calling him out for wearing the fake Jets jersey. :lol:

Neptunes were never that dope to me, but I understand why some people liked them like that.

Fresh a GOAT, he carried a label and produced whole albums for years. **** is crazy.

Dre had a team, definitely put his name on other people’s beats.

Just Blaze overrated

Neptunes beats didn’t age well. Some of those beats sound like **** today. Some are still hard.
Neptune volume was insane too though. They had hits across so many damn genres for a decade. It's no surprise it didn't all age well. Most of that **** stands quite well though

I was just about to say on the Fresh tip though...since we was talking about GOAT beats.

If that intro don't make you wanna get up and hit a 2 step with a clap, you're dead on the inside.

Then that bass drop...

Neptunes and Blaze got fire beats.

Neptunes made a lot of beats but a lot of those earlier beats, don’t sound good but a lot of them are still fire

Blaze just ain’t high in my list, he got some great **** but a lot of his beats just sound like mad ruckus and unorganized noise

Yo so I'm SUPER late here but I just discovered the entire Jazzamatazz series by Guru!! Right now cranking vol. 2 and it is absolute flames man I really miss the days of Gangstarr and those types of hip hop artistry. Bars for days and beats that just make you wanna break out the dominos on a breezy summer evening to throw some bones

You can tell homie battles with some demons. Sad part is he probably has more people genuinely praising him and his rapping ability than people trolling and calling him wack, but he chooses to focus on the negatives. A lot of people are like that though. Humans are strange beings, b. We can get commended by a dozen people while receiving slander from 1, and instead of spending more time appreciating the dozen, we can get stuck in our heads trying to figure out a) why that one person doesn’t like us, and b) what can we do to get that person to like us.

Again, Wale’s better than everyone in his class not named Kendrick.

Two Wigss talked all that **** about putting them on the same song and then had to take Pusha off, hahahahahahaha. Biggest clown in rap. Tied with Wayne, Game and Khaled.

Back
Top Bottom