Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This

If that's your opinion

Why do people bring up Dre, but not Kanye

and why doesn't Daz sound the same
I don't think folks are aware that Ye has ghost producers.

That or they only really care about young Ye's production which is about 95 percent mostly him.

No one mentions Missy either.

Early in his career, I don’t think he used ghost producers......

Maybe towards 2010 or 2011, when he pretty much was a full-time rapper. But, from 99-2009, I don’t think Kanye used ghost producers

Kanye had a team around him early, we don’t know how much he did on his own but he had people around.

How much music did Missy produce? She so underrated as an artist and producer. One problem is her beats always sounded like an Timbaland imitation

Ez pass on the Ross album, I heard the only track I needed to hear already :lol:

This trippie red album not bad :pimp:

Next up is whatever project Dom just dropped

What about all the stuff he did for Cash Money prior to them really blowing up? I always loved the fact that his style was so versatile. I think Back That *** Up is one of the nastiest pieces of music ever. I wouldn't have heard that and knew he was the same dude who produced Bling Bling, Ha, Tha Block is Hot etc. I love that Mannie was different with his music. I actually hated when he left CM because all his stuff was the same i.e. And Then What, Turn It Up, Move Around etc. I definitely put Mannie up there with the best of them.

What years do you consider "before they blew up"? Cuz they blew in 98. 96-00 was Mannie Fresh peak. After that his beats started to slip and he never really had another run. Fresh beats was fire for a period and he a legend but I can't put him with producers who have changed the sound of genre's twice and stayed consistent for 15-20 years (Dre, Tim).

Like Alchemist has been consistently GREAT from his work with Mobb Deep/Nas in the late 90's and early 2000's all the way up now with Griselda/Gibbs/Currency. Premo same thing. Man gave Hov some great beats on Reasonable Doubt and just released some fire with Griselda.

The term "ghost producer" doesn't really make any sense. It's been explained ad nauseaum what the difference between production and beat making are.

For all the people that think Daz, Storch, etc. are "ghost producing" for Dre...guarantee you remove Dre from each equation and the music would be DRASTICALLY different.

Yo so I'm SUPER late here but I just discovered the entire Jazzamatazz series by Guru!! Right now cranking vol. 2 and it is absolute flames man I really miss the days of Gangstarr and those types of hip hop artistry. Bars for days and beats that just make you wanna break out the dominos on a breezy summer evening to throw some bones
Finding something right in your lane from decades ago is really one of the greatest things about music, man. From like 14-18 I was just downloading full discographies of my favorite artists and going through it in chronological order.

Really one of the closest things we have to a time machine right now. The bonding my dad and I did over my digging was invaluable, man.

I love music.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom