Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Let the resident Max Julien/Ron O’Neal/Robert Beck chime in......

First of all, he talking about bodies... n_ we KNOW your frail a*** can’t fight. Shooting someone don’t make you gangster....

second of all... classic case of “rejection animosity”. We’ve all seen it... “no thanks I’m not interested”, becomes “f**** you b****, you ain’t fine anyway. You ugly. I get plenty b***** blah blah blah”

Calls athletes lame, but your name is NBA, and your last album cover was a athlete style press conference, and you’ve used Allen Iverson imagery in the past. This the same dude who got a YOUNG THUG charm, so I know he probably suspect....

And being in and out of jail/prison, I know this man done been touched. So hey, he’s a being a b****

insecurity at it’s finest....

His ego got damaged. If you get that much p**** (which evidently he does, has 5 kids) why beg or go back and forth? If you get so many woman, why even elaborate after the woman said she’s not interested? Just keep it moving.

sad
Wait is he the dude who mom
Told everyone he had herpes??

So how does that effect your outlook on Lizzo's talent/quality of music?

Meh. I never listened to her previously and to this day I’ve only heard the truth hurts joint on the radio.

But I remember hearing that the song came out in 2017. So having that info, and seeing the push she’s getting two years later, I’m inclined to believe that this is definitely the machine putting her in place.

I salute her rise though. She’s a bubbly figure who’s showing the bigger girls that they can have confidence n****.

lizzo got pipes. while she doesn't do a lot of singing on her album, the singing is the best aspect of the album IMO. it's weird to me that she's considered a rapper by many

Meh. I never listened to her previously and to this day I’ve only heard the truth hurts joint on the radio.

But I remember hearing that the song came out in 2017. So having that info, and seeing the push she’s getting two years later, I’m inclined to believe that this is definitely the machine putting her in place.

I salute her rise though. She’s a bubbly figure who’s showing the bigger girls that they can have confidence n****.

there's no doubt a push or force behind her, I just never know what people imply or what that means to them.
Like an artist can be a plant and still not really be big. Look at NAV, fam legit plopped out of nowhere and was on a bunch of albums but he's still not a big big name.
Lizzo and a number of other artists that have been called plants have not only held their own but also followed up one success with another after another. And if the music is good, how much does it matter that they have a machine behind them?

lizzo got pipes. while she doesn't do a lot of singing on her album, the singing is the best aspect of the album IMO. it's weird to me that she's considered a rapper by many

For whatever reason she's considers herself a rapper, and I remember she was angry tweeting cause folks wasn't respecting that she wants to be known as a rapper.

Lizzo's singing is what got my attention a couple of years ago and I too wish she'd sing much more than she does

Been taking in a lot of cookin soul lately

So flames. Dope to ride around to :pimp:

Screenshot_2019-11-22-14-10-14-040_com.spotify.music.jpg

Nah I wouldn’t say plant, she took the long road here. She actually been around a lil min but she just developed her character and started going viral last year back to back to back for silly **** like this

Then they did a Truth Hurts challenge on tiktok that got the song viral again. She was already on Atlantic so they just hit all the buttons

She actually took the “DNA Test” line from a viral tweet tho, the song basically created to be viral bait :lol:

Edit: I personally don’t really mess w her, she kinda be giving me Hattie McDaniel type vibes

there's no doubt a push or force behind her, I just never know what people imply or what that means to them.
Like an artist can be a plant and still not really be big. Look at NAV, fam legit plopped out of nowhere and was on a bunch of albums but he's still not a big big name.
Lizzo and a number of other artists that have been called plants have not only held their own but also followed up one success with another after another. And if the music is good, how much does it matter that they have a machine behind them?
Wasn’t Nav a producer before he started rapping, though?

Idk, I don’t get too caught up in the “plant” talk but I can see how people who do won’t necessarily be receptive to them because they prefer someone more organic? Someone who they sense a share of relatability with.

Wasn’t Nav a producer before he started rapping, though?

Idk, I don’t get too caught up in the “plant” talk but I can see how people who do won’t necessarily be receptive to them because they prefer someone more organic? Someone who they sense a share of relatability with.

honestly idk, I remember seeing him on one song and then he was on a bunch all of a sudden, then back to basically zero

I can understand wanting an artist who grinded they way up instead of one that was placed on top, but nowadays going from nobody to somebody can literally happen overnight organically. All those viral video/tweet/post people who end up on their local news or on Ellen don't always have 100s of videos showing they growth, just one or two things happen and boom you the talk of the town.

I wanna know Rod Wave story. Cuz he came up outta nowhere.

he from St. Pete/Tampa area. He linked up with a few artists from Dade. And he took off. Real organic. Florida music travels around the state fast.

It’s like football or basketball recruiting. If you’re good, they’ll find you. He had a song with glokkknine/lol poodie that took off

Dave East is the East Coast Game :lol:

or is it Wal-E? :lol:
Hell no, Wale is tame. Dude just *****es about not getting his just due, when in reality, he should just let it come to him naturally.

Lmaoooo
“I’m a relationship type of girl”
If that’s the case u wouldn’t have answered the dm
Females be funny
This. Hombre could've easily finessed that. Instead he immediately started throwing his rap name and gangsta **** around

Wow

Just looked up this lizzo ting

Wildebeest. Bet she gives mean head tho. Would let her suck the soul out me, those late nights when all other plans fall through

Back
Top Bottom