Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

BP2 >>> Kingdom Come, BP3, Magna Carta Holy Grail
The only one BP2 is better then is Kingdom Come and it's barely worse than BP3.

Edit:
I take that back BP3 is more horrible than BP2. He was a whole old hatin *** bama on that album.

Last edited:
Let’s have a quick discussion:

Wale is not as cool as he wants everyone to believe. He is someone who’s done things in life that are “cool”. Played football in high school and college.And he’s artsy, does poetry, and raps. But he as a person isn’t “cool”.

Someone tell me if I’m off. I just watched that Pull Up and it got me thinking.

Let’s have a quick discussion:

Wale is not as cool as he wants everyone to believe. He is someone who’s done things in life that are “cool”. Played football in high school and college.And he’s artsy, does poetry, and raps. But he as a person isn’t “cool”.

Someone tell me if I’m off. I just watched that Pull Up and it got me thinking.
Bruh is just arrogant and emotional. Those two qualities don’t mix and it shows from him. Good musician who’s slept on but it is what it is with him at this point

Bruh is just arrogant and emotional. Those two qualities don’t mix and it shows from him. Good musician who’s slept on but it is what it is with him at this point

Those qualities describe a whole lotta people in music. Wale's problem is he don't have the quality of music to excuse or justify his attitude.

He definitely got killed for stealing that Rolls....

Wale ain’t cool but drake is? Drake is just as emotional and arrogant. But ya’ll pick and choose. Besides, who cares about a man being arrogant, conceited, or confident? That’s a FEMALE trait.

Damn near 90% of these social media people and entertainers are arrogant and emotional...... but Wale. People consistently doing lame s**** for likes or “trolling” but... Wale is the only guilt one? Please

I felt Wale when he said Shine came out 6 months too early

It had crossover appeal, and had joints on it

His music is good, people just don’t like him

Yeah I’m not gonna get into the emotional and arrogant topic, but son just isn’t cool. And he tries to get in that fake deep bag. Just seems like someone annoying to be around.

I felt Wale when he said Shine came out 6 months too early

It had crossover appeal, and had joints on it

His music is good, people just don’t like him

Y’all trying to hang with these dudes or, y’all just want music???
I’m not trying to hang with Future, I don’t care for him as a person. I just want music.

Same can be said about athletes. I can’t stand Antonio Brown as a person and would never hang with him. The TALENT IS UNDENIABLE though! Ya’ll gotta separate the people from the artistry. Ya’ll really got vendettas against dudes for being passionate and confident? That says more about the fans, than the artists. Their designer clothes or fleet of cars do nothing for me. IDGAF about their arrogance. It don’t affect me one bit

What's a cool rapper?

Most of these dudes look lame with social media

The ones who look alright don't use it, Cole, Kendrick...
I don’t think none of these rappers is cool like I used to think. Besides the two you just named, Dom Kennedy, Wiz (unless he wildin on social media and I don’t know about it), Push. There’s probably a couple more I’m not thinking of.

My point is that Wale seems to want to convince us that he is cool though. Like just be you and people will **** with it naturally.

He definitely got killed for stealing that Rolls....

Wale ain’t cool but drake is? Drake is just as emotional and arrogant. But ya’ll pick and choose. Besides, who cares about a man being arrogant, conceited, or confident? That’s a FEMALE trait.

Damn near 90% of these social media people and entertainers are arrogant and emotional...... but Wale. People consistently doing lame s**** for likes or “trolling” but... Wale is the only guilt one? Please
"Don't make me send you back to the hood" always rubbed me the wrong way. Wale ain't said no ****boy **** like that.

Dame having a midlife crisis. He still wish he was a “Big Dawg” in the music industry like a Birdman or Pee. Or, even Jay-Z.
Ya’ll know Dame just seething for that attention. His career and persona was built off attention. Now that he’s no longer in the spotlight as much, I think he lashes out on everyone around him.

I don’t think none of these rappers is cool like I used to think. Besides the two you just named, Dom Kennedy, Wiz (unless he wildin on social media and I don’t know about it), Push. There’s probably a couple more I’m not thinking of.

My point is that Wale seems to want to convince us that he is cool though. Like just be you and people will **** with it naturally.

I don't think he's ever tried to convince us he's cool

He's insecure. Something he admits. He's very open with his flaws like Joe.

His problem is with people who aren't cool themselves judging how cool he is. For someone who is insecure he gets annoyed reading it. He's like KD, the type to search your name and pull up your page. KD reads comments from all rec league people judging his basketball decisions and game.

Wale, played football, rapped, was in to kicks before it became a faad and worked at DTLR(used to be cool a cool job back in the day).

The only thing really not cool about Wale is his attitude and insecurities. But that came with fame.

Back
Top Bottom