Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I remember when wale was telling akademiks (i think) i ran with the cool kids in high school I played football etc. Lol

What's funny about that

Only on the internet is Ak cool and someone young kids aspire to be.

The people who follow him are the type to call and think Wale is lame.

The dude rapping versus the dude gossiping about other men.

****s *** backwards, but too many people don't know a time without social media to recognize the ****.

Y’all trying to hang with these dudes or, y’all just want music???
I’m not trying to hang with Future, I don’t care for him as a person. I just want music.
Hmmm I agree but dont u talk about the games antics whenever he brought up

I don’t think none of these rappers is cool like I used to think. Besides the two you just named, Dom Kennedy, Wiz (unless he wildin on social media and I don’t know about it), Push. There’s probably a couple more I’m not thinking of.

My point is that Wale seems to want to convince us that he is cool though. Like just be you and people will **** with it naturally.

Problem is..... EVERYONE. Every entertainer and civilian is overcompensating for being “cool”. Heck, social media has bred a generation of try-hards. But......”Wale” is the guiltiest of them all? One moment, millennials are “trolling” or “clout” chasing or whatever new buzz words and phrases come out. All these people get passes. But let Wale say one sentence and he’s trying to hard to be cool.

my n_ Drake airballed a 3pt shot in shootaround with the Kentucky basketball team. He’s the EPITOME of corny. I never see him get bashed like Wale

What's funny about that

****s *** backwards, but too many people don't know a time without social media to recognize the ****.

that man quoted AKADEMIKS. That’s all that needs to be said. Akademiks is a certified clown

What's funny about that

Him having to say how cool he is/was is whats funny about it. Seems forced.

"I recognize a lame ***** when Im around one but Id look like a clown trying to clown one " Dom Kennedy

Hmmm I agree but dont u talk about the games antics whenever he brought up

I can’t stand the game. Never would hang with him. Ironically he was at a pool party that my homies threw a few years ago. 2k pool party. They’ve been throwing spring break parties in Miami and Fort Lauderdale for over a decade.

meathead The Game was there. Looking corny as hell

On the internet everyone is rich, bags dimes and drives i8's

It's ok for dudes on the internet to judge.

but if you call that **** out you're the one who's ****** up and insecure.

That's why I always mention how these "celebs" like Boosie and TI who are so quick to talk about other people. They need to worry about their own lives. They set a poor example for young kids. What the **** are you worried about DWade's son for and his parenting.

On the internet everyone is rich, bags dimes and drives i8's

It's ok for dudes on the internet to judge.

but if you call that **** out you're the one who's ****ed up and insecure.

That's why I always mention how these "celebs" like Boosie and TI who are so quick to talk about other people. They need to worry about their own lives. They set a poor example for young kids. What the **** are you worried about DWade's son for and his parenting.

blind leading the blind bruh

What's funny about that

This. I remember being befuddled by people rallying behind Akademiks when it came to Wale. Then I remembered people just don’t like Wale because it’s the thing to do, so whoever is standing as his opposition will get praise.

That guy has been consistently making great music for years and doesn't get his just due.

Problem is..... EVERYONE. Every entertainer and civilian is overcompensating for being “cool”. Heck, social media has bred a generation of try-hards. But......”Wale” is the guiltiest of them all? One moment, millennials are “trolling” or “clout” chasing or whatever new buzz words and phrases come out. All these people get passes. But let Wale say one sentence and he’s trying to hard to be cool.

my n_ Drake airballed a 3pt shot in shootaround with the Kentucky basketball team. He’s the EPITOME of corny. I never see him get bashed like Wale
Nobody is saying Wale is the only one guilty of this. I just watched him interact with someone who is supposed to be his mans for an hour. So I brought him up. You can’t say in this thread Drake don’t get bashed. We ran son outta here for bashing Drake for being corny. And I don’t think Wale is “corny”, I think he just tries too hard to remind us he’s “cool” or “eclectic” or some ****. Most of us **** with Wale without needing the extra persona.

Also, can’t forget that Akademiks and fans were the type of kids who use to run and stampede the cafeteria line, during school lunch. Straight peons
:lol: this is so specific and accurate

you wasn't doin it if you couldn't walk up and skip a group of chicks everyday without them cussing you out

Man idk what is was like for yall. But we had to run otherwise you wld be spending majority of your lunch in them long *** lines.

First time I saw Wale was way back, before he left NT. He shouted NT out at the show, it was one of the Rock the Bells, like 07 or 08 I want to say.

Back
Top Bottom