Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

After becoming one of Brooklyn's brightest duos on the independent circuit, Winners Circle Entertainment's Sheff G and Sleepy Hallow announce their partnership with RCA Records, Billboard exclusively reports.

The tandem's latest signing is headlined by a new Sleepy Hallow record titled "Tip Toe" featuring Sheff G, highlighting their gruff, hard-nosed demeanor. "We're happy to be here. We worked hard and led the streets for a minute. Now it's time to take this whole thing over. We did that. And there's more coming," says Sheff G, who along with Sleepy has helped anchor New York's ubiquitous drill sound.

"It's great to see NY rap getting back into these conversations, especially in my hometown of Brooklyn," says RCA's president of Urban Music , Mark Pitts. "Winners Circle is not just a clique, they're a MOVEMENT. Hip-hop is continuously evolving, and they are ushering in the next wave of the culture. To paraphrase the great [Notorious B.I.G.] - That Brooklyn ******-t. THEY on it!"

See these two on the same Trajectory as Herbo & Bibby (before he went full exec), yea they started in the drill scene heavy but they're probably the two most versatile in terms of making other sounds.

A7318583-4B2E-4B59-AD98-9B118223830C.jpeg
6995C8DC-1404-4053-B494-0DC70D5F231D.jpeg
68652A0D-D0CE-4B91-BDE8-8272EAF9D168.jpeg

Jay wiped DMX 12 million dollar debt when he left DefJam....

You know for the capitalistic **** who's only out for self.... Jay sure does go out his way to help a lot of ****** in rap :lol: , Many of those who have actually had words for him over time.

“aint I supposed to be absorbed with myself? Everytime issa tragedy, im the first one to help.”

AND wayne said jay helped em pay his taxes while he was tryna get his $ from bird.

real snake like...

“aint I supposed to be absorbed with myself? Everytime issa tragedy, im the first one to help.”

AND wayne said jay helped em pay his taxes while he was tryna get his $ from bird.

real snake like...

He does mad **** behind the scenes & actively tries to keep it hush, Homie ain't perfect but he's definitely using his status to help the culture.

P underappreciated Beats By The Pound. Them dudes was monsters. He still downplay them.

"I let them go to handle they business, Did it work out???

comeon.png

"

:lol:

What was said in that phone conversation?

**** I read years ago was they wanted more money, P said sales were down and they were part of the problem. Then he got mad they asked for more money and was basically like **** em.

Big mistake, should have paid them and stuck with his own sound.

**** I read years ago was they wanted more money, P said sales were down and they were part of the problem. Then he got mad they asked for more money and was basically like **** em.

Big mistake, should have paid them and stuck with his own sound.

MF’er had to fly them wayyyyyyyy to California after Mia X complained about the producers they initially had. That’s ungrateful on P’s part.

S**** like that is why I hate business. You may be the head of the snake, but it’s so many moving parts that make it all work. Crazy

Back
Top Bottom