Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Whose reasons? Ye?

He tweeted his issue was the fact that he was signed to Ye's label, knew them all personally, but no one told Ye hitboy would be doing tracks for Bey.

Man I hate how people do this EVERYTIME a celebrity has a contract dispute :lol: why can’t the game just be ****ed up :lol:

Because they're naive and ignorant.

If everyone is telling the same story it's a reason. It's not all artist.

It's the system, their game, their rules. You have to play their way to play.

And if lawyers are also leading you to bad contracts, what does that mean? The lawyers aren't on your side either. They'l lead you to a standard contract, which still isn't a good contract.

And if lawyers are also leading you to bad contracts, what does that mean? The lawyers aren't on your side either. They'l lead you to a standard contract, which still isn't a good contract.
This. And cats keep falling for it. Even if you find that by signing with a label it will help you with your career. At least negotiate to keep part of your masters. That's why I respect Nip

She manage or has some type of role like that with 21 Savage so I hope she or him don’t ever get on the timeline whining bout these execs. :lol: Mfs think all you gotta do is get a good lawyer. Like they was the first person to think of that :rofl:

She manage or has some type of role like that with 21 Savage so I hope she or him don’t ever get on the timeline whining bout these execs. :lol: Mfs think all you gotta do is get a good lawyer. Like they was the first person to think of that :rofl:

Kei definitely not naive or ignorant idk what bruh talking about :lol::smh:

She don't manage 21 anymore but she got him GREAT deals. Bruh one of the few of his ilk out here that own his masters and he honestly highkey wouldn't even be where he at right now without her.

The tweet seemed to be in reference to the strategies the attorney was laying out in that text convo, not whatever attorney that got him into that deal

Universal likely not finna let him buy his masters, just like Sony wasn't tryna let him buy his publishing back

Last edited:
That might work for Ye because he already remixes all his songs for Sunday Service

I personally won’t be bumping a non-secular Can’t Tell Me Nothing or Drunk and Hot Girls though y’all can have it

Didn’t Master P re-record a lot of his older songs?

Lauryn had to "remix" Miseducation so she could perform it legally. I don't know if it's because she's not the same, or because the new version not being up to par.

Back
Top Bottom