Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This is it right here. It felt like Joe was steady trying to create a moment and match Dipset/Lox, but it just wasn’t that kind of show. He even went into a freestyle but it didn’t hit like Jada’s did cause it was a whole different energy. I think if you strictly score the songs it’s a lot closer, but there was a few songs Joe picked that made me scratch my head.

Overall though it was dope to see Ja actually get his flowers. I feel like he’s kind of been the butt of the joke since the 50 beef. It’s dope to shift that a little.

Last people I expected to see was Lil Mo and Vita.

And bringing out Jada to do New York was a nice touch to end the show.

fat joe doesn't know how to read the room. joe kept pushing the villain role and ja was just on chill "I like this song right here" "i was waiting for this one!" made joe look like a dumbass

Then it's people acting outrage about Joe saying N. Latinos in NY been saying it forever. All these rappers that came up with Joe have no problem with it. They see him as one of them. He came from the same place they came doing the same thing they did growing up. That's I said people tryna rewrite Joe's history like he was some latino that came from nowhere and stumbled into rap. Man came from Diggin In The Crates Crew. It don't get more hip hop than that and the street ****. Joe done helped/saved so many _'a outta situations. This is from rappers themselves.

how do you feel about $tupid young saying the N word?

This is like saying I have a pass. It's not cool with all of us, and it shouldn't be.

I’m shocked people still make this a thing. Anyone seen his parents or his grandparents? He comes from Cuba and PR, clearly have African ancestry. Just cause he’s light doesn’t mean his parents or grandparents are and he doesn’t have white features.

But this topic is funny cause I’m more comfortable with hearing Joe say N than I am hearing Drake or RG3 say it.

The Dream said Michael Jackson used to say it a lot and that’s ****in hilarious to think about.

Last edited:
I think people getting too sensitive. Remy clearly had no problem with it. She grew up with Joe, they're damn near blood siblings. This is the problem when you mix 90's people with todays "can't say that or else" culture but I think we allow certain **** from certain people, if Cam or 50 said it, it woulda been mostly laughing emoji's.

Then it's people acting outrage about Joe saying N. Latinos in NY been saying it forever. All these rappers that came up with Joe have no problem with it. They see him as one of them. He came from the same place they came doing the same thing they did growing up. That's I said people tryna rewrite Joe's history like he was some latino that came from nowhere and stumbled into rap. Man came from Diggin In The Crates Crew. It don't get more hip hop than that and the street ****. Joe done helped/saved so many _'a outta situations. This is from rappers themselves.
Idky u actin like rappers are the face of NY. Ppl know who and who not say to say ***** around, and that **** started became normalized when I was a kid and now it's starting to become undone. I tried being on that "its just a word" **** outta some, but nah.

10yrs ago they was getting off "Black ppl don't no culture" while living in a city that's famously known for Black Culture, and dumbasses was like "you right". I grew up going to the African American Day Parade and being taught to respect Blackness , so we probably see **** different. I know the bori & mexican I let get that "*****" **** ended up calling me a ****** under the guise of joke. I called papi a "****" and he wants to fight. Me being Panamanian didn't matter then . We wasn't the "same" then.

If you, Murda Mook, Remy, etc is cool w/ being disrespected, then cool. Most black ppl I know don't even be saying "*****" like that.

I’m shocked people still make this a thing. Anyone seen his parents or his grandparents? He comes from Cuba and PR, clearly have African ancestry. Just cause he’s light doesn’t mean his parents or grandparents are and he doesn’t have white features.

But this topic is funny cause I’m more comfortable with hearing Joe say N than I am hearing Drake or RG3 say it.

The Dream said Michael Jackson used to say it a lot and that’s ****in hilarious to think about.
So Joe the reason why you say *****?

As a Latino man from the Bronx who used the n word frequently growing up, and sparingly today let me just say that…I’m staying out of this discussion.:lol:
My pops is black.
Much of what I learned growing up is that you have to be conscious and respectful of those around you when using any language. People don’t generally know where I came from, or how I grew up, so I can’t expect them to understand that it’s always been a term of endearment to me. And even if they do I cant expect them to agree with that.

fat joe doesn't know how to read the room. joe kept pushing the villain role and ja was just on chill "I like this song right here" "i was waiting for this one!" made joe look like a dumbass

how do you feel about $tupid young saying the N word?

I don't know who that is

I think people getting too sensitive. Remy clearly had no problem with it. She grew up with Joe, they're damn near blood siblings. This is the problem when you mix 90's people with todays "can't say that or else" culture but I think we allow certain **** from certain people, if Cam or 50 said it, it woulda been mostly laughing emoji's.

Wait u talking about the am bomb or dusty *****es? Cuz if vita was my ***** and fat joe called her a dusty ***** from a crackhouse I’m smacking the half assed neck beard off his face.

J.D. actually the one that put the Jackson thing in perspective for me. Mans said the Jackson family just a bunch if ****** from Gary, IN. And when he said that, it all clicked. So I can definitely believe Mike let it fly free.

Idky u actin like rappers are the face of NY. Ppl know who and who not say to say ***** around, and that **** started became normalized when I was a kid and now it's starting to become undone. I tried being on that "its just a word" **** outta some, but nah.

10yrs ago they was getting off "Black ppl don't no culture" while living in a city that's famously known for Black Culture, and dumbasses was like "you right". I grew up going to the African American Day Parade and being taught to respect Blackness , so we probably see **** different. I know the bori & mexican I let get that "*****" **** ended up calling me a ****** under the guise of joke. I called papi a "****" and he wants to fight. Me being Panamanian didn't matter then . We wasn't the "same" then.

If you, Murda Mook, Remy, etc is cool w/ being disrespected, then cool. Most black ppl I know don't even be saying "*****" like that.

What are you talking about? What rappers do and say comes from their community.

Most black people you around don't say N? You must be around some old 50 and 60 year olds cuz _'s in they 20's and 30's throw it around.

As a Latino man from the Bronx who used the n word frequently growing up, and sparingly today let me just say that…I’m staying out of this discussion.:lol:
My pops is black.

And that's the thing. A lot of people are mixed with black and Latino in NY. I'm from DC but from what I've been told black and Latino's are one big mix.

This is like saying I have a pass. It's not cool with all of us, and it shouldn't be.
It definitely shouldn't be, because that's not what you're used to. What folks need to understand is no one is giving anyone a pass in a scenario like the BX, you're being born into or moved into situation that existed before you. You can't just go up to a bunch of street ****** who been a certain way their whole life in a neighborhood, black, latin, asian etc. and telling them how they need to operate.

Again i see how people not from NYC simply don't get it, put PR/Blacks are tied in over here. Same neighborhoods, same schools, same barbershops, same stores, same cultures etc etc. I can count on one hand how many times i've seen a black person offended or feel disrespected by a Puerto Rican using the N word.

The thing that be pissing me off about these convos is that it's constantly started by the type of mf'ers who didn't learn they were black until college & grew up in predominately white spaces. Joe is of the culture, i know for a fact that word was used frequently in the environment he grew up in. The same can't be said for a lot of these ****** who are black, but simply adopted their culture watching rap videos & tweets.

All that blue check jargon ain't gonna cut it if your on Dyckman & press a Dominican kid for saying ***** :lol:

Oh now we getting to Fat Joe saying the n word seamlessly last night?

It's funny and maybe its just me but it never really registered Joe saying the N word as a huge problem. My father happened to see some of the end where Joe was like "I love this *****!" to Ja and he was like WHAAAAAT? :lol:

I remember once before years back Joe speaking on this topic and saying explaining why but I cant even really remember Joey saying the n word a lot in his raps.

I get where he's coming from. I know there's a Damn near triple standard when it comes to hispanics saying it but I don't think it's that big of a controversy. Especially given where he grew up and how. He's not gonna get canceled for it and I honestly don't think he should.

Here it is

This ***** Nelly made a bee line to Ashanti.

Even moved that one dude in his way :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
What are you talking about? What rappers do and say comes from their community.

Most black people you around don't say N? You must be around some old 50 and 60 year olds cuz _'s in they 20's and 30's throw it around.

And that's the thing. A lot of people are mixed with black and Latino in NY. I'm from DC but from what I've been told black and Latino's are one big mix.
I'm outta the city (chicago, not NY) now and it's rare for me to get back. I used to say the word all the time growing up. Now? I still say it sometimes but it's usage is not lost on me before in or after the moment. I personally get a little cringed by the word coming from myself.

Again i see how people not from NYC simply don't get it, put PR/Blacks are tied in over here. Same neighborhoods, same schools, same barbershops, same stores, same cultures etc etc. I can count on one hand how many times i've seen a black person offended or feel disrespected by a Puerto Rican using the N word.

The thing that be pissing me off about these convos is that it's constantly started by the type of mf'ers who didn't learn they were black until college & grew up in predominately white spaces. Joe is of the culture, i know for a fact that word was used frequently in the environment he grew up in. The same can't be said for a lot of these ****** who are black, but simply adopted their culture watching rap videos & tweets.

All that blue check jargon ain't gonna cut it if your on Dyckman & press a Dominican kid for saying ***** :lol:

Let's talk about da Dominicans

Wait u talking about the am bomb or dusty *****es? Cuz if vita was my ***** and fat joe called her a dusty ***** from a crackhouse I’m smacking the half assed neck beard off his face.

I mean she did look frail and Joe was right about how Remy became rich and Murder Inc female rappers are nowhere to be found and this is part of my point. If Gucci said that you would love it.

Pretty much. Much of it is feigned outraged.

All facts. Many of these cats just realize they were black last year summer. Can't take their fake internet activism seriously. These cats are just personalities on the internet.

And ain't Fab and AZ and Jim half Latino so how does that work with today's outrage people? We gonna go back in time and act mad because they say it? They get to say half of it? We be having these pointless debates.

And ain't Fab and AZ and Jim half Latino so how does that work with today's outrage people? We gonna go back in time and act mad because they say it? They get to say half of it? We be having these pointless debates.

Lloyd Banks is too. A lot of NY rappers mixed with DR or PR.

If he really did apologize to her face to face, then this is kinda wack.

Y'all be tryna act like the Black Latino's don't exist like the slave ships ain't go there to their ports 1st. Playing stupid like u can't tell if someone is Black or not.

Back
Top Bottom