Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Not all of us talk like that.

and you're giving them some sort of pass because we do it

Does that apply to white and asians also?

What pass did I give? This whole time I'm talking about how NY operates. All black people in NY might not talk like that but is it the majority? If it's that serious y'all NY _'s shoulda checked it a long time ago.

Well its clear he's talking about the black ppl that are a part of that culture and talk like that.

Also, if we gonna keep it a buck there are some Asians that also grew up in the culture that talk that way.

I feel like if this was some block part in the hood this doesn't get attention but cuz it's broadcast around the globe its like that politically correct wrongdoing is placed on him and since he famous ppl will try to check him for it.

I always tell ppl with this problem go to MSG around 2 or 3pm right by the escalators leading to the train (especially when school lets out) and you'll just hear about Hispanics and Asians freely saying ***** to each other. Can't check them all

Last edited:
Asian Crip
Shrug. I don’t know enough about him to judge him for it, and I also don’t really care.

For me the equation always comes down to how you’ll handle being checked for it.If he things he can hold that down more power to him. As long as people understand and recognize the possible repercussions if you run past the wrong person with that. Long as you can handle everything that comes with the decision, more power to you.

The worst thing about rap music is over the past 30 years it's normalized it.

And makes this argument dumb. You even have black people saying, well we use it.

****** doing dissertations to explain the fact that certain people have a pass to say it because of the subculture they belong to :lol:

If Fat Joe is just Joseph Cartegena and still has the comb over, doesn't identify with "hip-hop" culture, and is a talk show host or some ****....guarantee you ****** not in here singing the same tune.

I'd have to ask...isnt the attempt to ask our own to stop saying it, using it, or accepting it from others an attempt to check the usage?

Doesnt it seem more effective to ask your own delegation to do something as opposed to trying to check people and groups you arent familiar with?

Wouldnt the non-acceptance of that word by us lead to other groups realizing its not accepted by them either?

I'm extra lost now.
1631734324209.jpeg

It's funny, cause I've had this same conversation with my white Latino friends who live as white men and no longer have a real connection to what we grew up in.

It's almost like they get jealous when other white Latinos get it off. :lol: :sick:

I'd have to ask...isnt the attempt to ask our own to stop saying it, using it, or accepting it from others an attempt to check the usage?

Doesnt it seem more effective to ask your own delegation to do something as opposed to trying to check people and groups you arent familiar with?

Wouldnt the non-acceptance of that word by us lead to other groups realizing its not accepted by them either?
I never really liked this, because it's not our responsibility to set an example. Holding your people to some higher standard in hopes that it eventually influences others.

I'm more inclined to lean toward the punched in the face method than to look inward for improvement when it's the outside that needs to adjust.

It's funny, cause I've had this same conversation with my white Latino friends who live as white men and no longer have a real connection to what we grew up in.

It's almost like they get jealous when other white Latinos get it off. :lol: :sick:

I never really liked this, because it's not our responsibility to set an example. Holding your people to some higher standard in hopes that it eventually influences others.

I'm more inclined to lean toward the punched in the face method than to look inward for improvement when it's the outside that needs to adjust.
I guess that's my disagreement. Is it only the outside that needs to adjust?

All i really got to say Head to Tremont, 3rd, Grand Concourse, Southern blvd, Spanish Harlem etc etc & let them know you don't appreciate PR's use of ***** & tell us all the results :lol:

This is why from the jump I said all the black folks Joe came up with his 50 years never had a problem with it. Joe has said it many times in his interviews he was a fat kid with blonde hair and had to prove himself in his neighborhood so these going back in time convo's tryna "expose" him end up going nowhere.

Is Joey a black Latino tho?
ye hell naw.gif

That **** goes both ways. Ppl here act like straight weirdos when you tell em your family is from a latin country.

It's the minority amongst the majority kinda like that like the bonnet thing. Yeah you'll hear/see it, but not like that.

I think people getting too sensitive. Remy clearly had no problem with it. She grew up with Joe, they're damn near blood siblings. This is the problem when you mix 90's people with todays "can't say that or else" culture but I think we allow certain **** from certain people, if Cam or 50 said it, it woulda been mostly laughing emoji's.

Then it's people acting outrage about Joe saying N. Latinos in NY been saying it forever. All these rappers that came up with Joe have no problem with it. They see him as one of them. He came from the same place they came doing the same thing they did growing up. That's I said people tryna rewrite Joe's history like he was some latino that came from nowhere and stumbled into rap. Man came from Diggin In The Crates Crew. It don't get more hip hop than that and the street ****. Joe done helped/saved so many _'a outta situations. This is from rappers themselves.

Hey, we can’t crack jokes or call people b*** or dusty.... unless you on Twitter, IG, or FB where guess what? People hurling the b-word, n-word, f-word, s-word.... etc. people just idiots dawg

I guess that's my disagreement. Is it only the outside that needs to adjust?
Maybe not. Honestly, I don't know. It's hard for me to say because I feel like the answer is no, but I know there's a ton of people who feel the opposite way.

My body just naturally rejects the premise that black people need to adjust in order to get other groups to act right. Even if we agree that use of the n word is wrong, I think other groups of people should be able to come to that conclusion themselves. It shouldn't be something that black folks have to spark.

But in reality, maybe that's the case.

Back
Top Bottom