Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Dr. Love could probably represent meek...

74BEF953-4A52-4C3A-B8E1-DFB3B2688EFA.jpeg

Umm... Levi Strauss was white if I’m not mistaken... look up the history of denim I guess.

Ya’ll give white people toooo much credit.

Since we ain’t gone do the dandy style, let’s wear jeans and t-shirts... also popularized by white folk. BUT YALL GOT IT
fam, i promise you could never school me in fashion history

Yeah he was hot, but he said the HOTTEST.
X had two platinum albums in 1998, and Juvie dropped 400 Degreez.
Naw I'm not going. He may have been the hottest in the Tri-State area, but definitely not down here.

You have to wonder about some things.

Meek and Wale sell more than Ross, but Ross is probably living better than both. So Ross probably makes more off their albums than they do.

I wonder how long dudes contracts are for, because 10+ years and 5+ albums is too long for any artist.

Nore was ****ing huge but it didn't last long.

It could've been different but its very unfair with X dropping 2 classics in one year. Then Pun's run.

Not a lot of space was given.

Nore chose his words carefully though. The bigger title at the time was King of New York and he was never that.

X, Hov, Lauryn, OutKast, Mase. That was a great year.

When I think of 98, I think of that XXL photo with everyone on it. DMX put two classic albums out that year. Kurupts album and Snoops No Limit album were solid as well. Big Pun dropped Capital Punishment. 23 plus years later, that was one of the dopest summers ever on so many levels.

DC7D06F9-C1FF-49D3-A095-B1BAEBD52041.jpeg

Rich the kid / Wayne album randomly came up in a convo about did any of us hear it … I searched the sales and It sold ****in 14,000

not even Wayne could help this terrible ***** smh

Back
Top Bottom