Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This ***** said some wild stuff and some extremely valid points

Pretty much always been the Kevin Gates experience :lol:

He gets clowned on a lot for his delivery, but the message of healing traumas, the benefits of yoga, disattachment from other peoples views etc etc is something that i appreciate from an artist who is street based.

Cool as hell to see Lloyd Banks get that spot. He getting old and not popping so that’s a dope look.

His voice makes it hard for me to play his new ****. COTI was mixed horribly and wasn’t mastered. I heard a couple of his new songs and they were cool, I’ll check it out.

Hunger For More a classic in my book, I can play that whole album any day. Rotten Apple my **** too, don’t give a ****.

Cam and Mase got one of the most fascinating relationships. They’ll diss each other in interviews and also show a lot of love and appreciation for them in the same interview.

It was interesting hearing Mase talk about how they thought he was rich but he wasn’t YET. Reminded me of a verse Cam had

Yo, '97 huh, drugs I moved a big amount
Chick in my crib, her ribs I'm 'bout to dig it out
Then Ma$e called, said "Yo, I'm stuck inside some *****'s house"
Her boyfriend at the door, could I hurry up and get him out
Aight, what's the address? Homie said "Kingsbridge"
That was great I had some ****** right on Bainbridge
Yeah, we play but believe it ain't no game kid
Hopped off the elevator, aimed it at that lame lid
I ain't give a damn, yeah Cam I was gung-ho
Got this ***** home and he passed me a hundo ($100 dollars?!)
Told him straight up I ain't feeling him
Let me curve this ***** 'fore I end up killing him

Then Mase lit him up on The Oracle though, brutal to hear one of your favorites getting destroyed

He just did Atlanta the other night. Lowkey was kind of wack. That crying security guard is looking strange to me, his shows are not really action packed.
You been to any of his shows?

His shows are always an experience in some way.

You been to any of his shows?

His shows are always an experience in some way.
Yeah I just worked the Atlanta show Saturday night. I liked the music but the crowd wasn’t really into it. The live band was dope tho. I was hoping he would do older stuff but basically only did the new album.

I'll agree that nobody really checking for his new stuff but Gucci/Jeezy ain't exactly burning **** up either. I'm just saying T.I crossing over gave him the opportunity to do films, TV, International shows & festivals. at 40+ i would rather that outcome than still having to do hood spots & clubs.

Also the lifespan of a mainstream artist (One who's actually releases good music) >>>>>>> the artist that the hood loves. Jeezy & Gucci are exceptions to the rule, the hood move off ****** just as quick as any other fanbase.

Gucci tried to cross over a couple times and it didn't work. It worked when he got out of prison. I don't know why dudes act like Gucci never cared about mainstream success. :lol:

Yeah I just worked the Atlanta show Saturday night. I liked the music but the crowd wasn’t really into it. The live band was dope tho.
I think it just may be because of the content. Some of the songs on this album don’t seem like they will play well live.

His shows are always live. Especially since he’s so energetic.

Do people want to hear this?
I don’t think it’s needed, but they’re 2 for 2 so far.
I know French gets dragged in here but dude be making moves and is a successful rapper.

I don’t even understand the French slander anymore. Dude delivered a great project with Fraud, and has had bangers for damn near a decade plus.

The fake abs made folks jump ship :lol:
Besides 50 and Fivio, might be the King of NY.

I took a look at my daughter and got the water eyes
He could've made it to Harvard but he was marginalized
How you expect him to study when there's a war outside

Free Dem 5’s

30 YB tracks
6A456301-351E-4AAB-B909-BAC783193A38.gif

Back
Top Bottom