Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This my first time listening to Crooked and I'm not sure if I should be rightly disappointed. I expected super lyrical bars and what I'm getting is average raps just no drug use bars

He's not a very good solo act IMO. He was at his best when he was in Slaughterhouse.

I agree for the most part, BUT I would like to add...

For the record, revolutionaries and the streets are not necessarily two separate worlds, and certainly weren't when you're talking about the Black Panthers.

laugh.gif
at the notion that "BIG grew up around that life" and Pac didn't.

First, by all accounts I've heard, BIG actively sought out the "thug" route himself. I mean, the man had an educated schoolteacher for a mother, and he was the only child. All that stuff about sharing pants and going hungry was fabricated. This dude likely had a luxurious lifestyle compared to the majority of the guys in the neighborhood.

On the other hand, Pac's mother was an impoverished, formerly-incarcerated revolutionary who turned to drugs. His family was transient, moving from Brooklyn to Baltimore to the Bay, and in each place they lived in the slums and were sometimes even homeless.

Now you tell me who seems to really come from "that life." Without a doubt, both Pac and BIG were around the streets their whole lives given the communities that they lived in. By all accounts, BIG participated in the drug trade to a much greater degree than Pac did, but to act like Pac wasn't cool with the goons when he was growing up seems pretty ridiculous.

time to knock down yall king of ny :evil:

BIG Grew up with that life?!
roll.gif
roll.gif

If by grew up with that you mean he CHOSE to live like that? There are several accounts where his mother even said he had a lot of things growing up but he CHOSE to sell drugs and do that life. Hell she even broke down his line of

"Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis
When I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this "
In the song Juicy and said he always had the newest games while he was younger. Please learn something or do some research
wink.gif

big a fraud

Lol

Would love to see pac square up and actually throw his hands. It would only further expose dude.

Skip to 50 seconds.

Either you get it, or you dont.

It's public record that Pac was in and outta court getting sued for fighting, it was a fight that led to his death. That's just facts. That don't mean he was some super gangsta but when dudes act like he was some dude that lied about his upbringing or something that's just false, Everything is well documented.

"We were born to mother's who couldn't deal with us,
abandoned by fathers who wouldn't build with us,
I had both mine lets keep it real ******"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom