Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1570515146369.png

1570515210662.png

shenanigans

Thing about that and 90s rap in general is that they were sampling other genres and making rap songs. A lot of these new dudes are sampling old rap and r and b and still making the same rap or r and b songs just with different lyrics, and never really making songs better or unique from the original. My mom loves a lot of those old puff/biggy/Dr. Dre samples :lol:
Yeah, I dont understand why ppl don't get that.

What those dudes did is not the same as what Puff did. He pretty much stuck to what hip hop is as far as sampling other genres.

Sampling the song Puff made that he sampled with no real change in concept or content is just plain copying and more times than not the song isn't better or even a better hip hop song than what its copying. Its pretty obvious what theyre doing when they only copying the older singles

You can say they're sampling other genres, because they'e doing R&B.

That's what Puff was doing with Kool & The Gang or Mtume. It was the song.

And it was different than what producers were doing with James Brown or Parliament, because they didn't take the whole song. They added to it. There was a lack of creativity. Take a popular uptempo song from the 70's or 80's and rap over it. Puff caught flack from it.

Post Biz Markie producers tried to make sampling even more unrecognizable so they could clear them.

The only thing Berg and them are doing now is sometimes jacking the whole tone or vibe of it. But it is more creative than taking a song and just rapping over it.

So it's not like Puff was doing some creative ****. It's just that the younger generation had no attachment with those songs from the 70's and 80's. Just like the ones now probably have no attachment to what's happening now.

remember when Fab was the king of the variants. I couldn't wait for dudes to go to their closets on MTV Cribs
and expose all that trash they had in there.

oh word your lime green patent leather Gucci XI's are a 1 of 1 one?

Fab cares about matching and putting an outfit together, you can see that now

Hol up man y’all don’t remember that clip of Ochocinco blatantly showing off his fake jewelry collection, talking like “people i know i got money and can really buy these things”

someone said all that **** is real and he avoiding child support payments:rofl:

I would wear fake stuff.

Athletes salaries are public information. They have nothing to prove. Hell, I wouldn't even wear anything gaudy, because dudes are looking like walking licks.

Rappers have a lot more to prove.

I'm hoping the Heatmakerz are handling this project, if that's the case then i know this will be mixed properly & have some focus. that's been my issue with Cam's projects damn near this whole decade he REFUSES to get **** mixed properly

QFT

Cam (along with many other rappers) have way too many resources to put out low quality sound, hell, a lot of these underground artists are putting out good quality sound from their home studios

I'm hoping the Heatmakerz are handling this project, if that's the case then i know this will be mixed properly & have some focus. that's been my issue with Cam's projects damn near this whole decade he REFUSES to get **** mixed properly

Parks reaction to that song :lol:

He should have Jim exec produce it.

That ain't the case with a lot of the **** they dropping. A lot of these colorways are horrible fakes lookin

PSNY-x-Air-Jordan-12-2017.jpg

air-jordan-11-prom-night-1.jpg

117735073-vienna-austria-june-14-2017-nike-air-jordan-8-retro-white-black-and-purple-sneaker-isolated-on-white.jpg

rBVaR1sCi7eANfmFAAX3IdFME8M371.jpg

And the quality on most of 'em is trash now.

Of course some are like that

but there are numerous that aren't

I can go down the list of recent ones, game royals, red nines, knicks...

Of course some are like that

but there are numerous that aren't

I can go down the list of recent ones, game royals, red nines, knicks...

Yeah they still release some quality but most of these colorways they release is all hype. They been doing the same thing with Foams.

Back
Top Bottom