Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

These rappers gotta stop trying to release "sequels" to albums they dropped 10+ years ago. If it ain't already part of an ongoing series similar to Tha Carter, just call it something else man :lol:

These rappers gotta stop trying to release "sequels" to albums they dropped 10+ years ago. If it ain't already part of an ongoing series similar to Tha Carter, just call it something else man :lol:

facts

IMO it only makes sense if its consecutive, not if you have a bunch of other albums in between the series

but of course it has its perks...garner interest from the fans of the original project

facts

IMO it only makes sense if its consecutive, not if you have a bunch of other albums in between the series

but of course it has its perks...garner interest from the fans of the original project
Yeah and they usually disappoint because we have such high expectations. Port of Miami 2 and TM: 104 were the last straws for me.

I have no problem with it if the rapper is still lyrically as close to his peak as he can be. That was the case for Raekwon. That was not at all the case for Eminem, and a Purple Haze 2 would be an abomination for Cam.

I have no problem with it if the rapper is still lyrically as close to his peak as he can be. That was the case for Raekwon. That was not at all the case for Eminem, and a Purple Haze 2 would be an abomination for Cam.
Yeah for sure. Not every rapper is going to be the same but too many guys are trying to sell a few extra albums by capitalizing on past albums. You’re right about Em too. I think MMLP2 had some decent songs but it didn’t deserve that title. I personally have never listened to Raekwon but I know that album is highly regarded.

who actually dropped sequels that were worthy???
illmatic and stillmatic
first to come to mind

who actually dropped sequels that were worthy???
illmatic and stillmatic
first to come to mind
We talking mainstream, popular artists? If not I can name a few that I rock with.

Tha Carter II, III
The Heart of tha Streetz Vol. 2
It’s All On U Vol. 2
Luca Brasi 2,3

I’m not saying these were better than their predecessors but I feel they were worthy of the title and didn’t release 10 years later.

We talking mainstream, popular artists? If not I can name a few that I rock with.

Tha Carter II, III
The Heart of tha Streetz Vol. 2
It’s All On U Vol. 2
Luca Brasi 2,3

I’m not saying these were better than their predecessors but I feel they were worthy of the title and didn’t release 10 years later.
carter 3 was trash
shoulda said carter 1 and 2
even 2 imo wasnt as good as carter 1

Back
Top Bottom