.....Rare video, JORDAN dunks a miss free throw.....

I think he must have done this at least 6 times in his career. I remember Michael Jordan did it twice in a single game versus the Rockets circa 1990. But themost famous one is probably the one versus the Blazers. Truely the greatest ever. Here is the link:

laugh.gif
how do u let someone do that twice?

That video isnt rare. That play is common knowledge, plus its on his Ultimate Jordan DVD as one of his greatest plays.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

That video isnt rare. That play is common knowledge, plus its on his Ultimate Jordan DVD as one of his greatest plays.

That's not the same dunk from the Ultimate Jordan DVD. Like already mentioned, he did this a few times during his career.

What an amazing feeling that must be to do that, everybody looking for the easy board, all of sudden bam out of nowhere

Shouldn't that be a lane violation? cuz unless ur lined up on the lane, you gotta wait till it hits the rim right?

i thought it was gonna be the famous one, off of scottie's miss

good looks, never seen that. MJ was just beast

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Shouldn't that be a lane violation? cuz unless ur lined up on the lane, you gotta wait till it hits the rim right?

- that's only for the shooter. otherwise you can go on the release. that's why oftentimes you see defensive guards around the top of the keyblocking out the offense.

and yeah, mike did that more than a couple times in his career. i'm surprised nobody else has come up with the idea of doing that as a regular play.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

you're thinking of the one where scottie was shooting a ft and misses it.

Well either way, it's not something that the average fan of Jordan hasn't seen before.

- that's only for the shooter. otherwise you can go on the release. that's why oftentimes you see defensive guards around the top of the key blocking out the offense

This is how I was taught to ref on free throws. Anybody ahead of the person shooting can go on the release, or in short, the guys in their respective lanes.Anybody behind the free throw line extended has to wait until the ball hits the rim. The only time you call a violation on anybody but the shooter, its whenthe shooter misses. And the only time you call a violation on a made free throw is if the shooter violates. Everybody can jump before hand, but if the ballgoes in, it counts and there is no re-shot. Vice virca. If everybody violates, including the shooter, on a missed free throw, then its shooter violation, andthe ball goes the other way.

In short, how Ive been taught to referee, that is a clear violation. Especially since you see him going full sprint as soon as the ball is released.

But see, this is where I ask the difference. Does the NBA use FIBA rules on free throws? We play FIBA here in Canada, so maybe thats where the difference is.Anyway, just my two cents

BallinBoykz wrote:

This is how I was taught to ref on free throws. Anybody ahead of the person shooting can go on the release, or in short, the guys in their respective lanes. Anybody behind the free throw line extended has to wait until the ball hits the rim. The only time you call a violation on anybody but the shooter, its when the shooter misses. And the only time you call a violation on a made free throw is if the shooter violates. Everybody can jump before hand, but if the ball goes in, it counts and there is no re-shot. Vice virca. If everybody violates, including the shooter, on a missed free throw, then its shooter violation, and the ball goes the other way.

In short, how Ive been taught to referee, that is a clear violation. Especially since you see him going full sprint as soon as the ball is released.

But see, this is where I ask the difference. Does the NBA use FIBA rules on free throws? We play FIBA here in Canada, so maybe thats where the difference is. Anyway, just my two cents

FIBA probably has lane violation rules but they're often ignored. I've seen that fraud Luis Scola step in front of guys when the shooter isn'teven halfway through his form yet, and he gets whistled for it (and rightfully so). In rec leagues I used to score and time for, the rule was nobody couldenter the lane until the ball hit the rim. Any level higher than that it's on the release, except for the shooter and the guys outside the arc, I believe.

Yea there's the video and my goodness hes rocking the 23, like i said in my previous post........GOAT!

Back
Top Bottom