Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME
So are we genetically black or white?

laugh.gif
@ someone's concern for Ninjahood rejecting his "blackness" has turned to the topic of genetics.

your mom has blond hair and blue eyes? she's probably a white mexican.  they exist.  not every european colonist mixed with native mexicans.  so you're partly genetically white.

and no one is attacking ninjahood for not embracing his "blackness".  the point is whenever someone mentions that some Dominicans are, in fact, Black ninja starts yelling "no we aren't we're Dominican, there's a difference." it's stupid.  one is a race, the other is a nationality.  it's a very simple concept that just seems beyond his and several others' grasps.

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

Black is generally categorized as being African or African American in the western world region. If Domincans were consider themselves "Black" than they would totally disregarding their Latin heritage. They're not going to claim "Black" people, just face it.

-----------------------
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

Black is generally categorized as being African or African American in the western world region. If Domincans were consider themselves "Black" than they would totally disregarding their Latin heritage. They're not going to claim "Black" people, just face it.

-----------------------
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

But this entry still acknowledges race as a seperate entity.
should we find out whose family tree traces back to slaves, spaniards?
what if some don't?

should we assume every black person in America is traced back to slaves?

should we wear patches and divide ourselves while talking about paying tribute to the white man? 
laugh.gif
exactly...we're hispanic/latino....that should be enough.

why can't you be a black latino? 
its sounds ******ed, especially when you da math of what a latino is...you're basically telling me to say "your black, taino, euro + black"
indifferent.gif

i seee what your saying but alot of  latinos do not have european blood for one thats one of the biggest lies most latinos tell themselves when in actually from what i've seen in real life you can find alot of people who look more black  in most latin countries than you can in the united states

plus lets not act like in alot of hispanic countries there isnt widespread racism , skin bleaching etc if these folks really thought of themselves as latino why go through so many surgeries trying to look white if all of yall are mixed in the first palce when generally that is not true

alot of hispnics are just black , white and asian men and women who speak spanish and its funny how folks argue back n forth about this but when you go to hispanic countries and see how the blacks get treeated my point is proven
roll.gif

im only laughing cuz only black hispanics argue so much about this %$$ but seeing how they get treated in their home country by their fellow hispanics make me laugh so you can keep being latin thank you 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

But this entry still acknowledges race as a seperate entity.
should we find out whose family tree traces back to slaves, spaniards?
what if some don't?

should we assume every black person in America is traced back to slaves?

should we wear patches and divide ourselves while talking about paying tribute to the white man? 
laugh.gif
exactly...we're hispanic/latino....that should be enough.

why can't you be a black latino? 
its sounds ******ed, especially when you da math of what a latino is...you're basically telling me to say "your black, taino, euro + black"
indifferent.gif

i seee what your saying but alot of  latinos do not have european blood for one thats one of the biggest lies most latinos tell themselves when in actually from what i've seen in real life you can find alot of people who look more black  in most latin countries than you can in the united states

plus lets not act like in alot of hispanic countries there isnt widespread racism , skin bleaching etc if these folks really thought of themselves as latino why go through so many surgeries trying to look white if all of yall are mixed in the first palce when generally that is not true

alot of hispnics are just black , white and asian men and women who speak spanish and its funny how folks argue back n forth about this but when you go to hispanic countries and see how the blacks get treeated my point is proven
roll.gif

im only laughing cuz only black hispanics argue so much about this %$$ but seeing how they get treated in their home country by their fellow hispanics make me laugh so you can keep being latin thank you 

This thread was interesting. I've always wondered, asked why do some Blacks attempt to deny that they are Black. Originally, I thought it was a White method of dividing us, such as when youre discussing sports, and a white guy argues Manny and Ortiz are not Black. However, I see it is more than that. I took something from everybody's perspective.

But this was my conclusion on the subject. Dark skinned Dominicans are Black.

Dominicans are not Dominicans because they are European, Taino, and Black. They are Dominican because of their nationality and/or culture.

Blacks are not the race they are because they are American, they are Black because of their African blood line.

NH is saying he is not Black because his ancestors (or maybe he is as well) are from the DR. Does this mean that African Americans are not Black because their slave ancestors were brought to America rather than Hispanolia. In that case African Americans should be called American and not Black.

I will admit that I equate Black with being a simple term for Pan-Africanism. Maybe the rest of the world (the majority) does not define Black in that way. But then again, it is an English word, so it should be understood in that context and under an American scope.

This thread was interesting. I've always wondered, asked why do some Blacks attempt to deny that they are Black. Originally, I thought it was a White method of dividing us, such as when youre discussing sports, and a white guy argues Manny and Ortiz are not Black. However, I see it is more than that. I took something from everybody's perspective.

But this was my conclusion on the subject. Dark skinned Dominicans are Black.

Dominicans are not Dominicans because they are European, Taino, and Black. They are Dominican because of their nationality and/or culture.

Blacks are not the race they are because they are American, they are Black because of their African blood line.

NH is saying he is not Black because his ancestors (or maybe he is as well) are from the DR. Does this mean that African Americans are not Black because their slave ancestors were brought to America rather than Hispanolia. In that case African Americans should be called American and not Black.

I will admit that I equate Black with being a simple term for Pan-Africanism. Maybe the rest of the world (the majority) does not define Black in that way. But then again, it is an English word, so it should be understood in that context and under an American scope.

I am Black(African American), French Creole, Native American, Spanish and German but I look black so I consider myself black but when I fill out job applications I put 2 or more races�
laugh.gif
. I don't get why you can't know your culture and consider your self black or afro Cuban, Dominican, Puerto Rican, Mexican etc and yes there are Black Mexicans in Mexico. I know people hate labels no matter if you like it or not people see skin color 1st. Why is there so much denial of racism based strictly on skin color in hispanic countries?

I am Black(African American), French Creole, Native American, Spanish and German but I look black so I consider myself black but when I fill out job applications I put 2 or more races�
laugh.gif
. I don't get why you can't know your culture and consider your self black or afro Cuban, Dominican, Puerto Rican, Mexican etc and yes there are Black Mexicans in Mexico. I know people hate labels no matter if you like it or not people see skin color 1st. Why is there so much denial of racism based strictly on skin color in hispanic countries?

why are we even having this discussion?

we all know that hispanics/latinos are of spanish and native blood. not a drop of african blood in them. there were no slaves brought from africa to the caribbean,  central america,  and south america.

do these people look black to you? they're latino!

jose-reyes.jpg

clemente1.jpg

aroldischapman.jpg

jose-contreras-team-cuba.jpg

610x.jpg

al_horford_hawks-32.jpg

dominican_photo10.jpg

100% conquistador blood
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

yo ninja, do you refer to yourself as "spanish" like a lot of the ignorant hispanic/latinos in the tri state area do?

why are we even having this discussion?

we all know that hispanics/latinos are of spanish and native blood. not a drop of african blood in them. there were no slaves brought from africa to the caribbean,  central america,  and south america.

do these people look black to you? they're latino!

jose-reyes.jpg

clemente1.jpg

aroldischapman.jpg

jose-contreras-team-cuba.jpg

610x.jpg

al_horford_hawks-32.jpg

dominican_photo10.jpg

100% conquistador blood
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

yo ninja, do you refer to yourself as "spanish" like a lot of the ignorant hispanic/latinos in the tri state area do?

this thread makes my head hurt.  who cares? 

and why are mexicans being brought into this? i know a mexican who is 100% palestinian, but he still calls himself a mexican because he is one.  he was born and raised there but his parents are from palestine. 

who is to say every dominican is black either? this thread is just stupid.  there are different colored people in every country.  DR is in latin america so they are refering to themselves as latin.  makes sense to me...

what i dont understand is why anyone would deny their roots.  but as far as what people refer to themselves as who gives a damn.

this thread makes my head hurt.  who cares? 

and why are mexicans being brought into this? i know a mexican who is 100% palestinian, but he still calls himself a mexican because he is one.  he was born and raised there but his parents are from palestine. 

who is to say every dominican is black either? this thread is just stupid.  there are different colored people in every country.  DR is in latin america so they are refering to themselves as latin.  makes sense to me...

what i dont understand is why anyone would deny their roots.  but as far as what people refer to themselves as who gives a damn.

Back
Top Bottom