Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

Originally Posted by TezzyTooLive

even more funny is the arguement is over the term black� hispanics dont get offended being called white
ohwell.gif

works both ways...we dont clain white either..which annoyed this girl

so your assertion that we embrace "white" culture is dead wrong

Just be a proud Dominican b, at the end of the day you don't really have to explain !%%% to anyone here. Plus your responses suck.

Just be a proud Dominican b, at the end of the day you don't really have to explain !%%% to anyone here. Plus your responses suck.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

I don't get it.

Ninjahood has Black and/or African, Spanish, Latino, plus whatever else DNA in him.
He practices "Black culture" in addition to "Latino Culture."

How is he only Latino, but not Black as well? 
because of born from Dominican parents which makes me 100% hispanic...ask carmelo anthony what he is and he'll say he's black & puerto rican

black people who just happen to be born in hispanic countries are not real latinos and will never get treated as such
laugh.gif

if your born dominican your gonna get treated like a dominican....ya sound ridiculous in here

just out of curiosity, let's say a black haitian couple moves to DR, and they have a child that is born in DR, grows up there, goes to school there etc. What ethnicity would you consider this person?

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

I don't get it.

Ninjahood has Black and/or African, Spanish, Latino, plus whatever else DNA in him.
He practices "Black culture" in addition to "Latino Culture."

How is he only Latino, but not Black as well? 
because of born from Dominican parents which makes me 100% hispanic...ask carmelo anthony what he is and he'll say he's black & puerto rican

black people who just happen to be born in hispanic countries are not real latinos and will never get treated as such
laugh.gif

if your born dominican your gonna get treated like a dominican....ya sound ridiculous in here

just out of curiosity, let's say a black haitian couple moves to DR, and they have a child that is born in DR, grows up there, goes to school there etc. What ethnicity would you consider this person?

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

it's also the fact that someone outright said "you're not unique"

and this is what their agenda is, They want us to stop claiming we're different.
yep...i've always noticed black people in NYC that weren't west indian and didn't have a parade always had snide attitude about respective countries getting their own days (puerto ricans, dominicans, mexicans, columbians, cubans, etc.)

its sad....

hispanics got our a separate culture outside da united states, da fact that this agenda being pushed pretty intrusive to keep it funky.....i find it almost arrogant that black Americans are imposing their US racial identity on hispanics that are just fine claimin

who they already are...they already know they have "moreno, negro" in em..but they also have Spaniard and taino blood..w/e happened to live and let live? da rules that apply in da united states don't apply everywhere else.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

it's also the fact that someone outright said "you're not unique"

and this is what their agenda is, They want us to stop claiming we're different.
yep...i've always noticed black people in NYC that weren't west indian and didn't have a parade always had snide attitude about respective countries getting their own days (puerto ricans, dominicans, mexicans, columbians, cubans, etc.)

its sad....

hispanics got our a separate culture outside da united states, da fact that this agenda being pushed pretty intrusive to keep it funky.....i find it almost arrogant that black Americans are imposing their US racial identity on hispanics that are just fine claimin

who they already are...they already know they have "moreno, negro" in em..but they also have Spaniard and taino blood..w/e happened to live and let live? da rules that apply in da united states don't apply everywhere else.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Off topic: I did not know Trevor Ariza was Dominican. I mean now looking at the name it makes perfect sense.
there we go...names mean alot.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Off topic: I did not know Trevor Ariza was Dominican. I mean now looking at the name it makes perfect sense.
there we go...names mean alot.

Originally Posted by debs 168

tainos are native americans, period.
how are they "american" if they never got to north america?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

now i know why there's a HARD border between washington heights and harlem....

da way black people in on this website are so OBSESSED with skin color its disgusting

LATINO/HISPANICS CARE MORE ABOUT THEIR ETHNICITY THEN THEIR SKIN COLOR........

we don't care how dark or light we are...its only in da united states have give 2 #$$$% about that !%$+

my neighborhood is every color under da sun, but guess what, we all dominican and we all treat each other equal..isn't that what black people fought for? isn't a job well done by MLK when your skin color is a complete afterthought?

thats how i grew up...my skin color was never a issue until i chilled with black people and saw how much WEIGHT they put on "redbones, and fair skinned"

in DR you can be cocoa colored and pull a pasty lightskinned broad...it doesn't matter...same in da heightz....

Originally Posted by debs 168

tainos are native americans, period.
how are they "american" if they never got to north america?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

now i know why there's a HARD border between washington heights and harlem....

da way black people in on this website are so OBSESSED with skin color its disgusting

LATINO/HISPANICS CARE MORE ABOUT THEIR ETHNICITY THEN THEIR SKIN COLOR........

we don't care how dark or light we are...its only in da united states have give 2 #$$$% about that !%$+

my neighborhood is every color under da sun, but guess what, we all dominican and we all treat each other equal..isn't that what black people fought for? isn't a job well done by MLK when your skin color is a complete afterthought?

thats how i grew up...my skin color was never a issue until i chilled with black people and saw how much WEIGHT they put on "redbones, and fair skinned"

in DR you can be cocoa colored and pull a pasty lightskinned broad...it doesn't matter...same in da heightz....

ooIRON MANoo wrote:
Why do you care so much if someone sides with their ethnicity/heritage/culture as opposed to skin color/race?
from now on, this is da blueprint statement..i said it earlier but this is really it...y ya mad we care more about all that before our skin color?

ooIRON MANoo wrote:
Why do you care so much if someone sides with their ethnicity/heritage/culture as opposed to skin color/race?
from now on, this is da blueprint statement..i said it earlier but this is really it...y ya mad we care more about all that before our skin color?

Originally Posted by bleach

umm 1/2 haitian 1/2 dominican...i know alot of em

Trinidad da boxer has dominican parents and when he was born it was puerto rico so he's both as another example.

bottomline is, da United States Respects hispanics as their own separate group...why can't black comes to grips with that? if David Ortiz tells someone he's not black he's dominican, why does that bother you? because ya have same skin color?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

tell a japanese dude he's Chinese and he's gonna correct you....tell him he's asian he Might let it slide....tell a Indian from India that he's asian (which is geographically correct) and he's gonna tell you NO he's indian and you gonna have to respect him..

moral of da story, let people call themselves whatever they want.

Trinidad da boxer has dominican parents and when he was born it was puerto rico so he's both as another example.

bottomline is, da United States Respects hispanics as their own separate group...why can't black comes to grips with that? if David Ortiz tells someone he's not black he's dominican, why does that bother you? because ya have same skin color?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

tell a japanese dude he's Chinese and he's gonna correct you....tell him he's asian he Might let it slide....tell a Indian from India that he's asian (which is geographically correct) and he's gonna tell you NO he's indian and you gonna have to respect him..

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Fair enough, I'm not black.....I'm French with a little spli****y splash of Irish.

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Fair enough, I'm not black.....I'm French with a little spli****y splash of Irish.

So a bunch of yall are upset that Dominicans won't accept their "blackness", but if they did another group of yall would be equally upset. Go figure.

So a bunch of yall are upset that Dominicans won't accept their "blackness", but if they did another group of yall would be equally upset. Go figure.

just out of curiosity, let's say a black haitian couple moves to DR, and they have a child that is born in DR, grows up there, goes to school there etc. What ethnicity would you consider this person

laugh.gif
grin.gif
ummmm, from cia.gov
Ethnic Groups:

white 79.96%, black 12.85%, Asian 4.43%, Amerindian and Alaska native 0.97%, native Hawaiian and other Pacific islander 0.18%, two or more races 1.61% (July 2007 estimate)

note: a separate listing for Hispanic is not included because the US Census Bureau considers Hispanic to mean persons of Spanish/Hispanic/Latino origin including those of Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Dominican Republic, Spanish, and Central or South American origin living in the US who may be of any race or ethnic group (white, black, Asian, etc.); about 15.1% of the total US population is Hispanic

just out of curiosity, let's say a black haitian couple moves to DR, and they have a child that is born in DR, grows up there, goes to school there etc. What ethnicity would you consider this person

laugh.gif
grin.gif
ummmm, from cia.gov
Ethnic Groups:

white 79.96%, black 12.85%, Asian 4.43%, Amerindian and Alaska native 0.97%, native Hawaiian and other Pacific islander 0.18%, two or more races 1.61% (July 2007 estimate)

note: a separate listing for Hispanic is not included because the US Census Bureau considers Hispanic to mean persons of Spanish/Hispanic/Latino origin including those of Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Dominican Republic, Spanish, and Central or South American origin living in the US who may be of any race or ethnic group (white, black, Asian, etc.); about 15.1% of the total US population is Hispanic

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

its hilarious in here....being hispanic MEANS your black, spainard, and taino indian and thats not good enough for em... "NO UR POSED TO SAY UR BLACK/AFRO! IT DOESNT MATTER THAT YOU HAVE YOUR OWN UNIQUE CULTURE IN W/E

ISLAND UR FROM, THAT CULTURE THAT YOU'VE EVER KNOWN DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING!"
laugh.gif

you if you think hispanic folks are gonna be receptive to that kinda treatment you got another thing coming....

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

its hilarious in here....being hispanic MEANS your black, spainard, and taino indian and thats not good enough for em... "NO UR POSED TO SAY UR BLACK/AFRO! IT DOESNT MATTER THAT YOU HAVE YOUR OWN UNIQUE CULTURE IN W/E

ISLAND UR FROM, THAT CULTURE THAT YOU'VE EVER KNOWN DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING!"
laugh.gif

you if you think hispanic folks are gonna be receptive to that kinda treatment you got another thing coming....

I want to see them run up on a dancehall party and tell them to stop dancing the 'dutty wine', they must stanky leg only
tell them they're not unique and that mesh tank tops are floppin.
better yet, tell them their kids are claiming your culture as theirs even though graffiti started with Dominicans, rap from Jamaicans, and bboying from Puerto Ricans

I want to see them run up on a dancehall party and tell them to stop dancing the 'dutty wine', they must stanky leg only
tell them they're not unique and that mesh tank tops are floppin.
better yet, tell them their kids are claiming your culture as theirs even though graffiti started with Dominicans, rap from Jamaicans, and bboying from Puerto Ricans

Back
Top Bottom