Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

I'm not black, I'm Nigerian.

I'm not black, I'm American.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I want to see them run up on a dancehall party and tell them to stop dancing the 'dutty wine', they must stanky leg only
tell them they're not unique and that mesh tank tops are floppin.
better yet, tell them their kids are claiming your culture as theirs even though graffiti started with Dominicans, rap from Jamaicans, and bboying from Puerto Ricans
You make no sense.  There is no point relating to anything here.

I want to see them run up on a dancehall party and tell them to stop dancing the 'dutty wine', they must stanky leg only
better yet, tell them their kids are claiming your culture as theirs even though graffiti started with Dominicans, rap from Jamaicans, and bboying from Puerto Ricans
You make no sense.  There is no point relating to anything here.

In the United States, a Black Hispanic[sup][2][/sup] or Afro American Hispanic[sup][2][/sup] (Spanish: Afrohispano, literally, "Afro Hispanic") is an American citizen or resident who is officially classified by the United States Census Bureau, Office of Management and Budget and other U.S. government agencies as a Black American of Hispanic descent. African American/Black American, itself an official U.S. racial category legally refers to people residing in the United States who have "origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa."[sup][3][/sup] For further discussion on the term African American, please see that article.

Hispanicity, which is independent of race, is the only ethnic category, as opposed to racial category, which is officially collated by the U.S. Census Bureau. The distinction made by government agencies for those within the population of any official race category, including "African American", is between those who report Hispanic backgrounds and all others who do not. In the case of African Americans/Black Americans, these two groups are respectively termed "Black Hispanics/Afro American Hispanics" and "non-Hispanic Black Americans/non-Hispanic Black Americans", the former being those who report Black African ethnicity as well as a Hispanic ancestral background (Spain and Hispanic Latin America), and the latter consisting of an ethnically diverse collection of all others who are classified as Black or African Americans that do not report Hispanic ethnic backgrounds.

ohwell.gif

In the United States, a Black Hispanic[sup][2][/sup] or Afro American Hispanic[sup][2][/sup] (Spanish: Afrohispano, literally, "Afro Hispanic") is an American citizen or resident who is officially classified by the United States Census Bureau, Office of Management and Budget and other U.S. government agencies as a Black American of Hispanic descent. African American/Black American, itself an official U.S. racial category legally refers to people residing in the United States who have "origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa."[sup][3][/sup] For further discussion on the term African American, please see that article.

Hispanicity, which is independent of race, is the only ethnic category, as opposed to racial category, which is officially collated by the U.S. Census Bureau. The distinction made by government agencies for those within the population of any official race category, including "African American", is between those who report Hispanic backgrounds and all others who do not. In the case of African Americans/Black Americans, these two groups are respectively termed "Black Hispanics/Afro American Hispanics" and "non-Hispanic Black Americans/non-Hispanic Black Americans", the former being those who report Black African ethnicity as well as a Hispanic ancestral background (Spain and Hispanic Latin America), and the latter consisting of an ethnically diverse collection of all others who are classified as Black or African Americans that do not report Hispanic ethnic backgrounds.

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
you act like black people dont ALREADY say that "i ain't black, im from africa"

"i aint black, im Egyptian"

"i ain't black, im From Moroccan"

laugh.gif
dont lemme set it on you *#+#*....i will hold up that ugly mirror black people try to hold on hispanics  on ya selves early.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif
dont lemme set it on you *#+#*....i will hold up that ugly mirror black people try to hold on hispanics  on ya selves early.

Someone said we're not unique

Some say we might as well consider that, since white people see us as the same anyway(while talking about white/european oppressors)

Then you get people upset that we listen to hiphop and dress 'urban', even though hiphop has more caribbean roots than 'African American'

Its all been said in this thread

Originally Posted by ninjahood

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif

They do, i brought this up several pages ago but you don't read. There are Africans who come to this country and say nah I aint black I'm African. Making the same mistake you are.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Black is not an ethnic group, or a continent or a country of origin.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif

They do, i brought this up several pages ago but you don't read. There are Africans who come to this country and say nah I aint black I'm African. Making the same mistake you are.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Black is not an ethnic group, or a continent or a country of origin.

Ninjahood still making gross generalizations about non-dominicans?

Im assuming this "being hispanic MEANS your black, spainard, and taino indian " was a typo. Cuz if not, he basically just said hispanics as a whole are part Taino , specifically Taino
laugh.gif

Dominicans claim Taino way too hard when the actual taino indians are nowhere to be found. Alot of other latin countries at least have a visible, secluded remnant of their indigenous ethnic groups...not yall though. It just trickles down for the most part.

Someone said we're not unique

Some say we might as well consider that, since white people see us as the same anyway(while talking about white/european oppressors)

Then you get people upset that we listen to hiphop and dress 'urban', even though hiphop has more caribbean roots than 'African American'

Its all been said in this thread

Ninjahood still making gross generalizations about non-dominicans?

Im assuming this "being hispanic MEANS your black, spainard, and taino indian " was a typo. Cuz if not, he basically just said hispanics as a whole are part Taino , specifically Taino
laugh.gif

Dominicans claim Taino way too hard when the actual taino indians are nowhere to be found. Alot of other latin countries at least have a visible, secluded remnant of their indigenous ethnic groups...not yall though. It just trickles down for the most part.

ohwell.gif
like i said, da US respects there's a difference..why can't black people step off?

ohwell.gif
like i said, da US respects there's a difference..why can't black people step off?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I thought that's what the thread was about.  I've found though nothing will ever come of these discussions on nt, dudes cannot for the life them view anything objectively and have an open ended discussion.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I thought that's what the thread was about.  I've found though nothing will ever come of these discussions on nt, dudes cannot for the life them view anything objectively and have an open ended discussion.

Originally Posted by bleach

just out of curiosity, let's say a black haitian couple moves to DR, and they have a child that is born in DR, grows up there, goes to school there etc. What ethnicity would you consider this person?
umm 1/2 haitian 1/2 dominican...i know alot of em

Trinidad da boxer has dominican parents and when he was born it was puerto rico so he's both as another example.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
you dudes have me in tears right now.  IRON MAN and the other cats trying to rationalize this dude ninja have to be scratching their heads right now.

BEING DOMINICAN IS NOT A RACIAL DESIGNATION!!!!!  This dude basically just said "NAH YO I'M HALF NEW YORK HALF NEW JERSEYAN, B!"

There's a difference between ones nationality, religion, cultural identity and what race he is.  No one's trying to force dude to claim that he's Black.  It jsut makes zero sense when he says "I'm NOT Black because my parents were born in the Dominican." What???

Originally Posted by bleach

just out of curiosity, let's say a black haitian couple moves to DR, and they have a child that is born in DR, grows up there, goes to school there etc. What ethnicity would you consider this person?
umm 1/2 haitian 1/2 dominican...i know alot of em

Trinidad da boxer has dominican parents and when he was born it was puerto rico so he's both as another example.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
you dudes have me in tears right now.  IRON MAN and the other cats trying to rationalize this dude ninja have to be scratching their heads right now.

BEING DOMINICAN IS NOT A RACIAL DESIGNATION!!!!!  This dude basically just said "NAH YO I'M HALF NEW YORK HALF NEW JERSEYAN, B!"

There's a difference between ones nationality, religion, cultural identity and what race he is.  No one's trying to force dude to claim that he's Black.  It jsut makes zero sense when he says "I'm NOT Black because my parents were born in the Dominican." What???

You want him to claim a percentage?

Want him to claim x% black?

And you guys whine about white oppressors and brainwashing? Lol

You want him to claim a percentage?

Want him to claim x% black?

And you guys whine about white oppressors and brainwashing? Lol

ohwell.gif

The U.S. also respects "Black hispanic" as a category....did you even read what I posted. That is the conclusion you came to reading that?
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Why can't you be black AND hispanic. Black is a race/general term for members of the Afro-diaspora not a culture/ethnic group/country

Me and my boy are dying
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom