Real Question about Black, White, Asian, and Hispanic money::: Flame-suit on:::

man, i quit. i had a long $$+ reply typed and lost it due to yuku.

and actually, i was in the wrong post

ohwell.gif
@myself

Originally Posted by likethematrix

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Don't bring race into what I just said.

I've been to a political fundraiser for a US Senator and there were over 300 individuals there, in an old money town. 200-250 were African American. And by the checks they were writing, schools they attended, the way they were dressed and the way they presented themselves, you better believe that all 200 of those African Americans fit my defintion of "old money."

but how old can african-american money be, really?

i mean this dude PoloLax has to be a troll.
like does this dude even know what he is talking about?

the term "Old Money" SPECIFICALLY applies to your money being >4-5 generations old. 4-5 generations ago blacks were slaves and the Old Money comes from cotton, tobacco, oil, steel....

all the things Sambo and his %%!+ pals could not be a part of.

so yes its about race. this whole thing is about race cause Blacks are the only people we really talking about.

lol  your definition of old money. LMAO.

its not old money when you earned the $%!! yourself stupid.

and who is anybody to judge on how others spend their money?

wealth is subjective. how can you determine someones worth based upon what they drive or wear?

half of these old money dudes live off credit and have no liquid cash.

if your dream is to be a stuffy old man driving a 1994 jaguar xj8, living in a whatever home, living a whatever life then do you.

lol political fundrasers... lol.. for who McCain?

you in in LA Polo?

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Damn you got me.

Don't bring race into what I just said.

I've been to a political fundraiser for a US Senator and there were over 300 individuals there, in an old money town. 200-250 were African American. And by the checks they were writing, schools they attended, the way they were dressed and the way they presented themselves, you better believe that all 200 of those African Americans fit my defintion of "old money."

the term "Old Money" SPECIFICALLY applies to your money being >4-5 generations old. 4-5 generations ago blacks were slaves and the Old Money comes from cotton, tobacco, oil, steel....

so yes its about race. this whole thing is about race cause Blacks are the only people we really talking about.

wealth is subjective. how can you determine someones worth based upon what they drive or wear?

if your dream is to be a stuffy old man driving a 1994 jaguar xj8, living in a whatever home, living a whatever life then do you.

you in in LA Polo?

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Damn you got me.

I done came through the block in everything that's fly
I'm like, Che Guevara with bling on, I'm complex
I never claimed to have wings on
N' I get mine - by any means on whenever there's a drought
Get your umbrellas out because, that's when I brainstorm
You can blame Shawn, but I ain't invent the game
I just rolled the dice, tryin to get some change
And I do it twice, ain't no sense in me
lyin as if, I am a different man
And I could blame my environment but
there ain't no reason why I be buyin expensive chains

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I done came through the block in everything that's fly
I'm like, Che Guevara with bling on, I'm complex
I never claimed to have wings on
N' I get mine - by any means on whenever there's a drought
Get your umbrellas out because, that's when I brainstorm
You can blame Shawn, but I ain't invent the game
I just rolled the dice, tryin to get some change
And I do it twice, ain't no sense in me
lyin as if, I am a different man
And I could blame my environment but
there ain't no reason why I be buyin expensive chains

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

You didn't reply to me, that wasnt aimed at you.

oh, i didn't say "how old can african american money be, really?"

the basis of dudes whole paragraph response to you?

eyes.gif

eyes.gif

eyes.gif

Don't really care to be honest. 

eyes.gif

Don't really care to be honest. 

Originally Posted by Juice2352

As a Hispanic in his early 20's, I think (at least for Hispanics) it has much more to do with age/generation. Everything you said kind of applies to us within a certain age range (younger people). However, it could be that the younger generation is simply more assimilated with the American culture...seeing as we lived most of our lives in the states when most of our parents grew up in a very different culture. With that said, my parents and older people that I know are typically of the save-first mentality. My parents rarely buy anything for themselves and prefer to spend discretionary income on my siblings and I. Having two kids in college probably doesn't help that either. Regardless, I get what you're saying OP.

My mother is my complete opposite....stacks MAJOR bread, walks around in rags...even when I splurgeOn her she doesn't rock it & thinks I should just save money too lol...luv her so much cuz she's beyond old school.

Originally Posted by Juice2352

As a Hispanic in his early 20's, I think (at least for Hispanics) it has much more to do with age/generation. Everything you said kind of applies to us within a certain age range (younger people). However, it could be that the younger generation is simply more assimilated with the American culture...seeing as we lived most of our lives in the states when most of our parents grew up in a very different culture. With that said, my parents and older people that I know are typically of the save-first mentality. My parents rarely buy anything for themselves and prefer to spend discretionary income on my siblings and I. Having two kids in college probably doesn't help that either. Regardless, I get what you're saying OP.

My mother is my complete opposite....stacks MAJOR bread, walks around in rags...even when I splurgeOn her she doesn't rock it & thinks I should just save money too lol...luv her so much cuz she's beyond old school.

you in in LA Polo?

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Damn you got me.

i aint even tryin to get at you like that tho so dont take it as a +$#@@ mad. i really dont care. my life of excess is swell.
but to judge people based upon superficial is ludicrous.

spending all your money on prostitutes and cocaine is  =  to Rims and chains the such.

too many perceptions are based around the notion that Blacks are irresponsible with money and that anything they purchase is foolhardy and unnecessary just off of visuals alone.

dont let a S550 pull up to an apt building and have a black man hop out not wearing a suit.

He lives there with his momma, dont know nothing, living outside of his means etc etc etc.

its all underhanded racism at the end of the day.

but let a white guy pulls up to a hotel in his S550... its cause he has a business meeting.

not cause he's doing lines of crystal meth off a gay prostitutes back while he gets his booty blasted bareback.

the problem here is that everyone is so caught up in this cycle of school - work- consume-die, that they fail to live a meaningful life.

like ninjahood said "moms saves every penny" (no offense to moms) but why?

why live like you did in the DR?

what makes being in america worth it if you cant even enjoy the fruits of your labor?

its like being a farmer and freezing all of your crops after every harvest, then dying never knowing how the food tasted.

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]ya'll dont feel me. and you never [/font]will.

which is what separates Kings from Commoners.

also larrydavid... i was gonna say what i was gonna say no matter what. you just happened to have uoted him on a later page.

you in in LA Polo?

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Damn you got me.

i aint even tryin to get at you like that tho so dont take it as a +$#@@ mad. i really dont care. my life of excess is swell.
but to judge people based upon superficial is ludicrous.

spending all your money on prostitutes and cocaine is  =  to Rims and chains the such.

too many perceptions are based around the notion that Blacks are irresponsible with money and that anything they purchase is foolhardy and unnecessary just off of visuals alone.

dont let a S550 pull up to an apt building and have a black man hop out not wearing a suit.

He lives there with his momma, dont know nothing, living outside of his means etc etc etc.

its all underhanded racism at the end of the day.

but let a white guy pulls up to a hotel in his S550... its cause he has a business meeting.

not cause he's doing lines of crystal meth off a gay prostitutes back while he gets his booty blasted bareback.

the problem here is that everyone is so caught up in this cycle of school - work- consume-die, that they fail to live a meaningful life.

like ninjahood said "moms saves every penny" (no offense to moms) but why?

why live like you did in the DR?

what makes being in america worth it if you cant even enjoy the fruits of your labor?

its like being a farmer and freezing all of your crops after every harvest, then dying never knowing how the food tasted.

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]ya'll dont feel me. and you never [/font]will.

which is what separates Kings from Commoners.

also larrydavid... i was gonna say what i was gonna say no matter what. you just happened to have uoted him on a later page.

wow... i thought i was gonna get fired upon... lol..

but i understand that all groups of people splurge...

i just wanna know how do you identify people with money in other races...

wow... i thought i was gonna get fired upon... lol..

but i understand that all groups of people splurge...

i just wanna know how do you identify people with money in other races...

Back
Top Bottom