REASON 4.0 vol. OMFG Why did I sleep this long

Step ya game up.

Reason 4.0 *****!
pimp.gif

Nah but seriously, I never used 3.0 before so I couldn't help you out, I'll fwd this to Time.

Damn reason 4 out now!
indifferent.gif
at me... I need to pick this up, but Ihave no idea how to work Reason... who wanna help?

in general...

PROS:
- easy to learn the basics and make music right away
- comes with VERY good presets and samples
- you can get really creative with effects and combinations
- synths can be amazing
- a lot of tutorials on youtube and a lot of forums to help you out

CONS:
- can look intimidating (all the inputs and outputs on the back)
- may be a large learning curve as far as what ALL the knobs and buttons do

I've been using reason for years and i still don't know what ALL the inputs and outputs on the back are for among other things. I swear I'm onlyusing like 60% of what reason is capable of, but it's all about trying things out and playing around with it.

So in short, EASY TO LEARN, IMPOSSIBLE TO MASTER

its crack... and yea jetpac 4.0 is out... whole new synth added as well as an apregiater and the regroove thingy....

its easy as hell if u comin from hard ware... not so much if u comin from FL... the seqeuncer is setup more like a multitrack recorder (i.e. cool edit) insteadof the grids of FL... its pretty easy to learn tho... just hit up a couple youtube tutorials and ur in there... there arent really any cons because that wiring#!%# u never have to look at if u dont want to...

rex files are crack for choppin samples...

reason > all

plus u can get all the sounds of the triton, motif, and fantom plus more...a total of 30 GIGS!!! for only $65... and that includes reason... and recycle
smile.gif

get at me on aim if u need to...

I mean, Im a MIDI controller user so im bout to make the jump to Reason... Ima be MIA on the production front for about a year fellas... RIP to me.

a year?! damn dude... its not THAT hard to learn reason... lol...

My problem with REX is I can chop them up and play them through my MIDI how I want it, but then I can never transfer it over to the main track

u gotta record urself playin it like u would with any other instrument... to get the whole rex "loop" to the track either right cllick the device orclick the button that says "copy to track" or i think the button just says "to track"...

oh yea... just started mixing the album... should have it within a month or so... im still tryin to hold out for a few songs...

in the end, the best thing to teach you reason is gonna be experience, and research. i feel like a lotta dudes who use FL come at it in a formulaic way. withreason, theres not really any one way to start, there are many many ways to accomplish results. you just have to experiment a LOT.

i've always wanted to get it, but downloading it takes way too long (and i d/led one and it didn't work); i wouldn't mind paying for it but thepricetag still takes me away from it...

When are we ever gonna get to hear your #%@#, Dingle...?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

You come and go through producing threads every once and a while, and I've always wanted to hear what you're workin' with.

Originally Posted by TW3EK

a year?! damn dude... its not THAT hard to learn reason... lol...
You know I don't push nothin un;ess its polished. And i'll be damned if yall hear that ABC _ from me!
laugh.gif

hit rewire on another DAW and use the reason 4 samples get best of both worlds. i use reason like a vst
wink.gif

Originally Posted by StickManForDaPlatune

youtube the tutorials... thats the easiest way

Boi them Youtube tutorials is b.s. Once I figure out how to load a damn SOUND and record it using my midi i'll be good, Damn if this crap aint thewierdest peice of junk!!!

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

When are we ever gonna get to hear your #%@#, Dingle...?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

You come and go through producing threads every once and a while, and I've always wanted to hear what you're workin' with.

Man back in the day I always used to post my beats but I don't make them nearly as often as I used to...just when I'm bored...let me see if I candig something up

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Boi them Youtube tutorials is b.s. Once I figure out how to load a damn SOUND and record it using my midi i'll be good, Damn if this crap aint the wierdest peice of junk!!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm right with you, though... I got the Reason package off Time, and I just sit there staring at the screen like "What in the hell... Ain't thissome bull..."

I've barely gotten around to exploring the Refills cuz I can barely lay out a damn drum pattern....
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Learning new software FTL!

Originally Posted by acidicality

i've always wanted to get it, but downloading it takes way too long (and i d/led one and it didn't work); i wouldn't mind paying for it but the pricetag still takes me away from it...

i can mail u reason 4 and 30 gigs of sounds for it... only $65 to my NT brethren...

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Anyone know how to use your keyboard with reason?
not possible... unless u type in midi... lol

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Boi them Youtube tutorials is b.s. Once I figure out how to load a damn SOUND and record it using my midi i'll be good, Damn if this crap aint the wierdest peice of junk!!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm right with you, though... I got the Reason package off Time, and I just sit there staring at the screen like "What in the hell... Ain't this some bull..."

I've barely gotten around to exploring the Refills cuz I can barely lay out a damn drum pattern....
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Learning new software FTL!

im tellin u man... youtube or hit me on aim...

Originally Posted by mrXdaboss

hit rewire on another DAW and use the reason 4 samples get best of both worlds. i use reason like a vst
wink.gif

But yea I'm gonna hit TIME come payday for that. I haven't made a beat since April 4th
frown.gif
. Talk about a slump. Hopefully when I cop Reason the new sounds will help.

Back
Top Bottom