Reasons Why Publix Is The Best Grocery Store To Ever Exist

Publix is also one of the best companies to work for, if u work at one there warehouses they have cafeterias that make every thing fresh, from chicken to crab legs..

Not to mention the stock and the 401k and the retirement plan top notch... If u dont believe me google it

Publix is also one of the best companies to work for, if u work at one there warehouses they have cafeterias that make every thing fresh, from chicken to crab legs..

Not to mention the stock and the 401k and the retirement plan top notch... If u dont believe me google it

This is true.

I love publix...especially the subs...the whole turkey sub was on sale for 4.99 last week....its like crack...

Publix subs > the generic crap subway serves

yeah man publix is the truth. I live in florida as well and publix is definitely the best supermarket out here ( whole foods is number 2. reason being is because it's a little too pricey) Publix cuban sandwiches :pimp: could put most subway sanwiches to shame. I never had the buffalo chicken tender sandwich though. I may have to try it out soon though.

There's a reason why Publix is only in the south. Y'all would buy fried cardboard if it was in aisle 5.

Here in Cali, there are supermarket chains that simply triumph over the likes of Publix. I mean they build a new Whole Foods here every month and each one is bigger and better than the last. The one I shop at has biodegradable rubber floors and cubbies at the entrance to put your shoes in so you can walk (and do somersaults if you want) barefoot on their soft, luscious floors.

:x @ those antiquated ceilings in Publix. Have those been checked for lead contamination?

:x Processed cookies. Surely those are not made by hand with organic wheat flour. They only hire new Cordon Bleu grads at my local Whole Foods bakery (sup Emily?)

And besides, Publix reads like Pubix. Can't do it. LOL.

:rofl:

Learning about regional supermarkets, :nthat:

In SoCal...

Costco
Trader Joe's
Ralph's (Chain, not the best, but it's convenient :rolleyes)

Not a huge fan of Whole Foods, *shrugs*

ERACISM is a hippie, but that "buy fried cardboard" line was solid, :lol:

I grew up in miami and publix is the best grocery store I ever been in! ALWAYS CLEAN, shelves stay full and organized, great food, friendly employees and bakery goods are always on point! :pimp:
wish there was one in Mass.

every store manager pulls in 120k a year and bonuses

assistant gets 70k+ bonuses

3 bonuses a year  

department managers get 50k a year , assistant department gets 35k and theres ALOT of departments , grocery,customer service,bakery,produce,meat.deli etc

thats 14 people per store making atleast 40k and theres about 752 stores in florida

"publix stock is restricted: it can only be owned by current or former associates or board members and cannot be sold outside the company without first being offered to the company for repurchase"

Last edited:
whoever said publix is fancy it isn't. it's just clean. sweet bay is a little fancier on the gulf coast they have them. but publix is king.

who remembers food lion. :x they still around? **** was foul when i lived in norfolk.

yeah whole foods is wack. if i feel like swagging out on my meat i'll just hit the butcher.

yeah man publix is the truth. I live in florida as well and publix is definitely the best supermarket out here ( whole foods is number 2. reason being is because it's a little too pricey) Publix cuban sandwiches
pimp.gif
could put most subway sanwiches to shame. I never had the buffalo chicken tender sandwich though. I may have to try it out soon though.
Naw dawg they STRAIGHT KILL SUBWAY, Publix cut the meat in the store, its not that pre cut crap at subway... Not to mention that sweet smell that fills 

the whole store from the bakery, im lucky i live directly across the street from a publix go to spot for an Ultimate sub with Boars Head Meat
smokin.gif

whoever said publix is fancy it isn't. it's just clean. sweet bay is a little fancier on the gulf coast they have them. but publix is king.

who remembers food lion.
sick.gif
they still around? **** was foul when i lived in norfolk.
yea publix far from fancy , just holds their standards to good southern values

nobody gonna talk about the customer service? A1

Those chicken subs are the truth, around my crib the constantly sell out of the chicken tenders, so I'm often left subless when I drove there just to get a sub.

who remembers food lion. :x they still around? **** was foul when i lived in norfolk.
yea publix far from fancy , just holds their standards to good southern values

nobody gonna talk about the customer service? A1

everything about publix is :pimp: you should see the grocery stores in minneapolis.

we got whole foods, definate no go.

trader joes is meh, kinda small and most the food is wack

lunds is good but at least twice as much as anywhere else. t

he closest we have to publix is cub foods, it's ok but kinda dirty and the employees are all semi ******ed and look homeless.

i shop at cub for the essentials and hit local asian and mexican markets for alot of the rest.

Publix is a Decent company.  The cafeteria food at the Distribution centers are not made fresh. crab legs are a myth.  the stock is private and not worth much unless you  have a ton of shares. the  benefits (retirement, 401k, stock, healthcare,  yadii yaddi yadda) that they offer are on par with any decent company that claims to care for the employees. throw that top notch talk out the window. I work in Publix distribution. I know.

i used to bag groceries at publix, we weren't supposed to take tips but that never stopped us.

that boy C. Webb hooked my *** up once with a $100 bill, i was ecstatic. 
pimp.gif

every store manager pulls in 120k a year and bonuses

assistant gets 70k+ bonuses

3 bonuses a year  

department managers get 50k a year , assistant department gets 35k and theres ALOT of departments , grocery,customer service,bakery,produce,meat.deli etc

thats 14 people per store making atleast 40k and theres about 752 stores in florida

"publix stock is restricted: it can only be owned by current or former associates or board members and cannot be sold outside the company without first being offered to the company for repurchase"
The stock is private i know some ppl who have 20+ yrs in and they are basically millionaires, all they have do is retire and cash in the stock.. My nephew is in the refrigeration department and make close to 22.00$ an hr and he only has 2.5 yrs in.. Good place to work but just not for me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom