Recent Jordan retros with GOOD quality

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

The Wolf Grey 5's were pretty good quality in my opinion.

I also think the Black Flip 3's and the Chicago 10's were 'good' quality.

Black flip III are tanks, how did I forget them!
I came in to say the Black Flip 3's

I am not someone with a ton to compare to but really thought those were well done, very happy to have a pair!

black cements and true blue 3's are premium quality... just the paint has flaked/cracked on both of my pairs only wore em 3 times both tops.... nothing a lil angelus paint cant fix

For sure the motorsport 6s had good quality and the dark sole was great because it means no yellowing

Originally Posted by GreatAbyss43

best quality in the past few years? Banned 1s and Motorsport 6s are the 2 best without a doubt.

Same thing that popped into my head. Those and the playoff 13's. Everything else has been garbage compared to real quality made shoes.

I'm surprised no one has said the Concords yet..
They aren't that great quality wise. 
They were average JB quality, which isn't saying much.

Originally Posted by Vader

Last Shots.

I got these and actually the quality was pretty bad.
Maybe it was just my pair, idk.

The Graphite/Stealth 14's were much better IMO.

I would say that the Shadow Grey/Black AJ1's are top quality. The only other AJ1 with this type of quality leather is the Banned AJ1's. If you didn't grab them, you missed out.
pimp.gif

I wish I didnt sleep on the Oreo VIs but I was broke for sooooo long back then.
And to make matters worse the Olympic VIs in July suck, and I will probably pass

For today's standards, they were good quality. It's just that the '11 release relative to the '00 retro make them mediocre.

Agree with a lot of everyone's responses. Here's my list (some overlap)

1.Banned I's and Shadow I's- they were made with very similar quality. Both were very well put together and had excellent quality. Very impressed.
2. Motorsport VI's- very well constructed; leather was pretty good and was sewn really well (mine at least)
3. Playoff XII's- out of all the xiii's, they were put together the best imo. Toe box construction, leather, etc.
4. CDP XII's- imo, these were really well done. Couldn't believe the same people who made these made the CDP XI's (which completely sucked). Leather was nice as well.
5. White/Red/Black IX's- the leather wasn't so good, but the build and construction of the shoe was really really good.

Originally Posted by jamazing

For today's standards, they were good quality. It's just that the '11 release relative to the '00 retro make them mediocre.
They were okay. Many people had pairs with yellowed soles, the shape was horrible, and that receding hairline of the patent leather
sick.gif

Black Cement 3s, Black 5s, Playoff 13s (if only I could get my hands on some now)

Originally Posted by GreatAbyss43

best quality in the past few years? Banned 1s and Motorsport 6s are the 2 best without a doubt.

This right here above. Also, other than the shadow grey 1's, Gucci 1's, and the Bin series, they've all been garbage.

The 3's last year werent of great quality...I thought the playoff 13's were great

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

3007671320_9b9f7c330e.jpg

I had to add these..
Dave White 1s belong here too..
This. Those laser 1's have excellent quality. I wore mine at least 20 times since they released and they still look the same as I brought them in the store.
Also, all recent 12's had good quality and the recent 13's especially playoff's had excellent quality. Some of the CDP's had good quality like 3,6,7,9,10,12,13,14 and 16 had good quality. Out of all the CDP's, the 16's were made the best at least in my opinion. My biggest regret is that I passed is the black and grey 1's. There are other shoes that I did not mention that had good quality, but they are already listed by others.

Originally Posted by pauld5999

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

The Wolf Grey 5's were pretty good quality in my opinion.

I also think the Black Flip 3's and the Chicago 10's were 'good' quality.

Black flip III are tanks, how did I forget them!
I came in to say the Black Flip 3's

I am not someone with a ton to compare to but really thought those were well done, very happy to have a pair!
i'll have to agree that the black flips are pretty durable.

I think a lot of you are confusing quality with craftsmanship. Quality is how good the materials are and how they can outstand the test of time. Craftsmanship is how good the painting is for example. There are plenty shoes out there with decent quality but poor craftsmanship. Now paint chipping is a quality of the paint issue not craftsmanship. Craftsmanship issue would be sloppy painting or stitching.

On another note it's funny all the credit being giving to the Cdp releases' quality. Was anybody here when they were coming out ? Everybody was complaining. IMO a lot of em were ok the 12s were trash tho. I disagree with most the releases you guys are listing. All the 13s were good, 3s were ok true blues being the best, 6s were not that good at all, 10s were garbage, 9s were decent, 5s were pretty good, and I'm actually very impressed with the last shot 14s and cement 4s. I've worn the 14s at least 10 times and that includes walking city blocks, through parks, the nastiest floors in the train, and to the clubs and they look great,basically brand new still.

The leather on the Black Flip 3s gives it supreme quality, playoff Xiiis are also great (shouldnt of sold my second pair), i have to say that i was really surprised on how bad the quality was on the last shot 14s... I went in planning to get them and they just felt so fake imho, so i bought the black flip 3s instead because of the quality difference. I also think the Varsity Red VIs had great quality. I wear mine plenty of times and they dont crease at all. I should of bought multiple pairs of these. The XI lows black and red are pretty nice imo, as a summer shoe at least, leather holds up pretty well. The new black Vs at first werent that lucrative but after wearing them a lot they are def very comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom