Recommend Me A Beater Car...

Gas is a mofo.

For some reason, I'm currently infatuated w/old Acura Legends, 93-95. Maybe an Accord though. They both seem dependable. (True/False?)

All I know is...

Dependable.

I want it be a foreign car.

4 cylinder

Within about a $1500-3000 price range (I said beater didn't I?
laugh.gif
)

4 doors would be good b/c I'll prolly use it to pick up the kids some days.

All I need is to and from work. That's it.

And gas is high.

Originally Posted by johngotty

Gas is a mofo.

For some reason, I'm currently infatuated w/old Acura Legends, 93-95. Maybe an Accord though. They both seem dependable. (True/False?)

All I know is...

Dependable.

I want it be a foreign car.

4 cylinder

Within about a $1500-3000 price range (I said beater didn't I?
laugh.gif
)

4 doors would be good b/c I'll prolly use it to pick up the kids some days.

All I need is to and from work. That's it.

And gas is high.

legends were somewhat reliable. but vigor ftw?

but civic accord blah blah blah camry corolla blah blah

Get a 90-93 Honda Accord. Civic would be much better on gas though, like a stick hatch. And please get it thoroughly checked over by a decent mechanic.

get a used jetta or audi...v4 engine..gas will last you, and trust me you'll feel very comftable inside.

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Honda Accord. Like a 91, emerald green with tan interior.

Damn, that was my first car..except it was a 93. Still running today with over 200K miles on her.

Co-sign on the early 90s accord. I know several people that drive that car, and it runs pretty well for being 15+ years old.

honda anything from 91-95.....those cars are like tanks my girl drove hers for 2 years without an oil change and a busted head gasket...and cheap parts...easychoice my man

Depends what you mean by reliable.

If you're reasonably familiar with cars and can fix quick problems, any 93-95 Toyota or Honda should be good to go as long as you don't buy with engineleaks or transmission problems.

If you want a car that you'll never even have to open the hood of when you drive it, it might be difficult to find that sort of reliability for1,500-3,000$ dollars.

I have a 94 Camry right now with 220,000 miles on it and it works fine for me. Sometimes I have to tweak something here and there, but no major problemsusually. I bought it for 1,800$ in 2004.

I've seen several Accords but most are two doors, where I really want to find one with four. But I've always been a fan of that early 90's body onthose joints.

Persia - Nah, I'm no mechanic @ all so I want to try to avoid something that's going to give me more headaches than run time.

Back
Top Bottom