Recreation Soccer League Questions. VOL. I just wanna play

So im looking around san francisco bay area for some recreation soccer league, never played in a organized game before and pretty much just pick up games with my buddies. my question are: for those that play is being in a intermediate level league is too hard to play in? we're not bunch of out of shape guys since we are all still active, either playing another team sports or going to the gym in the regular. does anyone knows any league that they can recommend in the bay area? ill chime in more for more questions later, class is about to start. thanks!! 
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

So im looking around san francisco bay area for some recreation soccer league, never played in a organized game before and pretty much just pick up games with my buddies. my question are: for those that play is being in a intermediate level league is too hard to play in? we're not bunch of out of shape guys since we are all still active, either playing another team sports or going to the gym in the regular. does anyone knows any league that they can recommend in the bay area? ill chime in more for more questions later, class is about to start. thanks!! 
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif
The level of play in rec leagues is usually crap. No one commits to defending, a few guys think they're Pele and try to deke out the entire opposition without passing, etc. The key is teamwork...have a few guys that'll play in defence and wont lose their discipline no matter what. A couple good players in midfield and atleast 1 guy that is good in front of net and can score. Team work is also key when playing with guys out of shape because the more you run the more tired you get. If you have a bunch of team oriented players then you can minimize the running by passing the ball around a lot and by walking the ball into the net.

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif
The level of play in rec leagues is usually crap. No one commits to defending, a few guys think they're Pele and try to deke out the entire opposition without passing, etc. The key is teamwork...have a few guys that'll play in defence and wont lose their discipline no matter what. A couple good players in midfield and atleast 1 guy that is good in front of net and can score. Team work is also key when playing with guys out of shape because the more you run the more tired you get. If you have a bunch of team oriented players then you can minimize the running by passing the ball around a lot and by walking the ball into the net.

My buddies and I play in a couple leagues here. From spring to fall we play in the Marin league (marinsoccer.com) There are 2 divisions. The upper division is pretty damn good. Ex-collage players and such. The B division is where we play, and we're pretty damn good too. we get to the finals every year, and we have several ex-collage players as well. They just asked us to move up to the A division, but we too lazy and enjoy dominating
laugh.gif
I think they tryin to make the B division less competitive.

During the winter months we play at Pier 27. (http://www.sanfranciscosoccer.org/) It's a small field. 6v6. We basically play with a futsal ball. 3 men's divisions. We destroyed the beginner division (it was REAL unfair), then we played intermediate and took 2nd to a team mostly made up of players from the advance leage which is pretty damn good as well. Funny thing is nobody checks skill level, so we could roll into the beginner division again if we felt like just for the sake of winning again.

Lastly, there is a San Francisco league that plays at the Polo fields and Crocker amazon. We don't play there cuz the fields are garbage, while the marin league and pier 27 league is all turf. However, their setup in the Polo fields league is sick. Basically setup like the premier league with relegation and advancement for the top and lower three. Also, I dunno about the competition by playin in it, but I have heard the premier division and 1st division are extremely elite.

Hope that all helps.

Edit: Just FYI, the age ranges for all these leagues are about 18-31.  If that matters.

My buddies and I play in a couple leagues here. From spring to fall we play in the Marin league (marinsoccer.com) There are 2 divisions. The upper division is pretty damn good. Ex-collage players and such. The B division is where we play, and we're pretty damn good too. we get to the finals every year, and we have several ex-collage players as well. They just asked us to move up to the A division, but we too lazy and enjoy dominating
laugh.gif
I think they tryin to make the B division less competitive.

During the winter months we play at Pier 27. (http://www.sanfranciscosoccer.org/) It's a small field. 6v6. We basically play with a futsal ball. 3 men's divisions. We destroyed the beginner division (it was REAL unfair), then we played intermediate and took 2nd to a team mostly made up of players from the advance leage which is pretty damn good as well. Funny thing is nobody checks skill level, so we could roll into the beginner division again if we felt like just for the sake of winning again.

Lastly, there is a San Francisco league that plays at the Polo fields and Crocker amazon. We don't play there cuz the fields are garbage, while the marin league and pier 27 league is all turf. However, their setup in the Polo fields league is sick. Basically setup like the premier league with relegation and advancement for the top and lower three. Also, I dunno about the competition by playin in it, but I have heard the premier division and 1st division are extremely elite.

Hope that all helps.

Edit: Just FYI, the age ranges for all these leagues are about 18-31.  If that matters.

my homies played in an indoor soccer league with mike randolph (he went to our highschool and he used to play on the la galaxy) on their squad.
other teams started complaining and their whole squad got banned.
laugh.gif

my homies played in an indoor soccer league with mike randolph (he went to our highschool and he used to play on the la galaxy) on their squad.
other teams started complaining and their whole squad got banned.
laugh.gif

As long as you are conditioned you are good, those beer belly mexicans cant keep up the whole 90.

As long as you are conditioned you are good, those beer belly mexicans cant keep up the whole 90.

Back
Top Bottom