Red & Green???

Maybe it's just something dumb that I noticed, but is there any significance behind the red & green colorway combination? There were two spiz'ikeswith red/green and those god awful air force fusion V's have a blk/red/grn CW. Soooooooo..................... significant? or dumb?
ohwell.gif

Aight so all I need is two dumb disses to make me realize..............................I need to stop smokin' dat stuff.
laugh.gif
This is CLEARLY something dumb I noticed.

do_the_right_thing.jpg

Well, since no one actually answered you, it's a reference to Sal's famous (Italian colors) at least for the spiz'ikes. For the fusion, dunno

It is some black pride thing.
I forget what my mom said.
But I think in 40 acres and
a mule the sign on the baq
of a few of the spizikes the
black and green color was
very significant.

^^^To 23Sole: Leave it so a 30 year-old big shot to give you an answer like that. Go break a hip old-timer.And luvdashoes......................... hop off his jock.

40 acres and a mule is what slaves were given when they were made free men. It is also Spike Lees production company....

Originally Posted by thisisthejuice

40 acres and a mule is what slaves were given when they were made free men. It is also Spike Lees production company....

what they were supposed to be given, if they were really given that the world would be VERY different today

RetroJTino:
^^^To 23Sole: Leave it so a 30 year-old big shot to give you an answer like that. Go break a hip old-timer. And luvdashoes......................... hop off his jock.

Check yourself, bro.

Be cool or be gone.

We don't tolerate flaming on here, so if you want to respond like that to someone that we think flamed you, then... you'll both be gone.

mk bottom line lol the red and green are usually associated with African American Heritage..thats why the black/green/red Spi'zikes were nicknames the"Black History Month" Spi'zikes

man this is sickening. you guys dont even know what the spizikes colors are about? 40 acres and a mule? man do you even live in america?

Originally Posted by FlyDaily

Originally Posted by boricuachulo321

eek.gif
smh.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-African_Flag They're the colors of the Pan-African flag, a symbolic flag that is representative of the connection of people with african-american lineage And as has been said before, the symbol on the back of the Spizikes is his company 40 Acres and a Mule

whats this for? >>>>>>>
smh.gif

u mad?
Not mad, just surprised and a bit disappointed. I think it's our responsibility to educate ourselves as much as we can, particularly about thingsthat have affected us so much in this country. Something like the Pan-African flag, and the history behind it has a great deal to do with Blacks, Latinos, andin general People of Color in this country today. Like I said, shocked and disappointed. That's what the two emoticons are supposed to represent right? IfI'm mad I'll use the little red face that is glowing.
eyes.gif
That one is rolling your eyes, just in case you couldn't tell

nah i thought u had a problem w/ JB's reasoning for the colors of those spizikes

Originally Posted by FlyDaily

nah i thought u had a problem w/ JB's reasoning for the colors of those spizikes
Nah, I actually respected the choice of colors, and thought it flew over most dudes heads, even though I hated the Spizikes themselves.

Originally Posted by thisisthejuice

They weren't given a damn thing. They were PROMISED it, but, no cigar.

Still waitin for my reparations!

Back
Top Bottom