Relationship/girl help thread. Vol. semi long distance (Edit: Update on page 5)

My girlfriend of two months is an international flight attendant from Minneapolis, MN, and I met her as she was training/qualifying for her job. I work at a car rental spot at the airport, and she rented cars from there a few weekends in a row, so it stemmed from there. So, we talked for a while, and shortly after she passed her exams, she officially became a flight attendant. Great! I'm happy for her, she's happy for herself, and were happy together... For now...

So, if you're not familiar, as an international flight attendant (her type, at least), she's gone for days/weeks at a time on standby in case they need her to fly. She moved here to Atlanta because that's where she would be based, and she practically lives with me when she comes home for a week or two. I never knew what her schedule would be like before we started dating, so it wasnt one of those "you knew before you started..." type of situations for me to avoid. Even after I found out how her schedule would be, I was down because she was and I could tell she's serious by her actions and words. When she's home, she spends her time with me, cooks for me (and I'm not talking Kraft Easy Mac/Hungry Man TV dinners... I mean complete meals from scratch. [see spoiler at the bottom of the page]), takes care of me when I'm sick, buys me stuff.... I mean, she's basically everything a guy could want out of a girl. So, what's the problem?

When she's off, she has the option to volunteer her off days which means she would be telling her company that she's still available to work. It's not a guarentee that she would be called out, but there's a possibility that she will. So today, she expressed to me that she wants to voulenteer all of her off days FOR AT LEAST A YEAR because she wants to pay off all her credit cards and school loans. Uhh.. What?! So she basically sayin that it's a possibility that I may not see her for more than 30 days out of 365 in 2011... Bruh... What am I supposed to do with that?!? I broke up with my ex because she was a virgin and she wasnt smashin and this isnt looking like an ideal alternative... Or is it? I mean... I get a lot of time to myself, when she's here she pampers me, she finished school and has a good job, she's pretty, we get along, etc... The distance is the only thing.

She loves her job, so asking her to find another job is a last resort before I call it off kinda option... How do you start a relationship, or even a family, with someone that has a job like this? She's 27, I'm 23, and I know that as soon as I get my money and situation right, if I have a girl that I love enough, I'm gonna be ready to start a family. How is she going to be mom when she's at home only a few days out of the week? I'm really looking to hear from someone who has experience dating a flight attendant... How does this work out? Am I being foolish and petty for considering leaving her because she's trying to be successful, or do you think she might fare better single at this point in her life? I'm kinda stuck in the middle, so I cant give a sure answer on how I feel about it all. I need help.

Cliffs:
I got a good girls that's trying to make the best out of herself at the expense of our time for a year and possibly longer and I'm at a crossroad. Stay or keep it moving?

Besides, we hot together.
smokin.gif

333bpn5.jpg

nx6ttj.jpg

Spoiler [+]
35m0dxy.jpg

nl4hm1.jpg

2n0nb4h.jpg

1y4miu.jpg

My girlfriend of two months is an international flight attendant from Minneapolis, MN, and I met her as she was training/qualifying for her job. I work at a car rental spot at the airport, and she rented cars from there a few weekends in a row, so it stemmed from there. So, we talked for a while, and shortly after she passed her exams, she officially became a flight attendant. Great! I'm happy for her, she's happy for herself, and were happy together... For now...

So, if you're not familiar, as an international flight attendant (her type, at least), she's gone for days/weeks at a time on standby in case they need her to fly. She moved here to Atlanta because that's where she would be based, and she practically lives with me when she comes home for a week or two. I never knew what her schedule would be like before we started dating, so it wasnt one of those "you knew before you started..." type of situations for me to avoid. Even after I found out how her schedule would be, I was down because she was and I could tell she's serious by her actions and words. When she's home, she spends her time with me, cooks for me (and I'm not talking Kraft Easy Mac/Hungry Man TV dinners... I mean complete meals from scratch. [see spoiler at the bottom of the page]), takes care of me when I'm sick, buys me stuff.... I mean, she's basically everything a guy could want out of a girl. So, what's the problem?

When she's off, she has the option to volunteer her off days which means she would be telling her company that she's still available to work. It's not a guarentee that she would be called out, but there's a possibility that she will. So today, she expressed to me that she wants to voulenteer all of her off days FOR AT LEAST A YEAR because she wants to pay off all her credit cards and school loans. Uhh.. What?! So she basically sayin that it's a possibility that I may not see her for more than 30 days out of 365 in 2011... Bruh... What am I supposed to do with that?!? I broke up with my ex because she was a virgin and she wasnt smashin and this isnt looking like an ideal alternative... Or is it? I mean... I get a lot of time to myself, when she's here she pampers me, she finished school and has a good job, she's pretty, we get along, etc... The distance is the only thing.

She loves her job, so asking her to find another job is a last resort before I call it off kinda option... How do you start a relationship, or even a family, with someone that has a job like this? She's 27, I'm 23, and I know that as soon as I get my money and situation right, if I have a girl that I love enough, I'm gonna be ready to start a family. How is she going to be mom when she's at home only a few days out of the week? I'm really looking to hear from someone who has experience dating a flight attendant... How does this work out? Am I being foolish and petty for considering leaving her because she's trying to be successful, or do you think she might fare better single at this point in her life? I'm kinda stuck in the middle, so I cant give a sure answer on how I feel about it all. I need help.

Cliffs:
I got a good girls that's trying to make the best out of herself at the expense of our time for a year and possibly longer and I'm at a crossroad. Stay or keep it moving?

Besides, we hot together.
smokin.gif

333bpn5.jpg

nx6ttj.jpg

Spoiler [+]
35m0dxy.jpg

nl4hm1.jpg

2n0nb4h.jpg

1y4miu.jpg

Your GF of two months.... You're talking about her quitting her job....You're talking about starting a family.... Slow down. Take it slow, it'll figure itself out. She's a nice looking girl. 

Your GF of two months.... You're talking about her quitting her job....You're talking about starting a family.... Slow down. Take it slow, it'll figure itself out. She's a nice looking girl. 

son, just ride it out. shes paying off her debt. let her live.

Also, she go to roosevelt hs? or have siblings going there?
nerd.gif

son, just ride it out. shes paying off her debt. let her live.

Also, she go to roosevelt hs? or have siblings going there?
nerd.gif

^ same here... mind=blown

But back to the topic. If you really wanna keep her, get your school/job right and focus on the future so you cna her can have something nice. Talk to her about children and see when she wants them as far as preparing to be a family man and if she is looking into getting a different job.

Seeing as to how the relationship is new and fresh, let her do her.... you do you, while the cat is away the mice will play... if your happy with your current situation and don't wanna put your sex life on hold for her... i wouldn't... get a side piece or 2.

she's cute tho, might be worth waiting for. might be just waiting to have your heart broken

devil.gif
stay with it, let her do her, but go get you sum on the side

or

stay with her and make your right hand your best friend
indifferent.gif

^ same here... mind=blown

But back to the topic. If you really wanna keep her, get your school/job right and focus on the future so you cna her can have something nice. Talk to her about children and see when she wants them as far as preparing to be a family man and if she is looking into getting a different job.

Seeing as to how the relationship is new and fresh, let her do her.... you do you, while the cat is away the mice will play... if your happy with your current situation and don't wanna put your sex life on hold for her... i wouldn't... get a side piece or 2.

she's cute tho, might be worth waiting for. might be just waiting to have your heart broken

devil.gif
stay with it, let her do her, but go get you sum on the side

or

stay with her and make your right hand your best friend
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Bearcat23

I understand that it has only been two months, but I would only ask her to switch/alter her profession as a last resort, ultimatum sort of thing because, if that's the problem, obviously it would be a valid solution. Not to mention, it would be a hell of an example of how dedicated she is to making things work. I mentioned starting a family because a career is a long term situation, and if you're considering a long term relationship with someone, you should be thinking long term, riight?

To the other guy, how would she be in high school if she graduated from a college? Hmm... And no, she doesn't have any siblings in hs.

Originally Posted by Bearcat23

I understand that it has only been two months, but I would only ask her to switch/alter her profession as a last resort, ultimatum sort of thing because, if that's the problem, obviously it would be a valid solution. Not to mention, it would be a hell of an example of how dedicated she is to making things work. I mentioned starting a family because a career is a long term situation, and if you're considering a long term relationship with someone, you should be thinking long term, riight?

To the other guy, how would she be in high school if she graduated from a college? Hmm... And no, she doesn't have any siblings in hs.

30 days isn't that bad trust me....when you get you money right and want to start your family maybe you will have enough saved up for her to take a break from her work for a few years

30 days isn't that bad trust me....when you get you money right and want to start your family maybe you will have enough saved up for her to take a break from her work for a few years

Back
Top Bottom