Release date for Supra Skytop NS white/white?

yeah the ns line is a bit more pricey, they use more premium materials and marketing it to the upper echelon.

No offense to your store or anything but I doubt they'll be that price everywhere...I've got 2 pairs and both were 125 or 130 retail...and that was forthe all gold ones

The Supra NS line is way too over priced. Who the $%#! do they expect to sell this stuff too? Skaters aren't going to buy them and I don't thinkthey're limited enough or that special enough to pay over $150 for some of the cooler models. I just don't see a market for these. The Skytop is oneof my favorite shoes right now though. I got 2 pairs of the BP collab and those were $200 a piece, but only 100 pairs made. Can't wait for the greencamo's this month!!

Originally Posted by PumpLance

The Supra NS line is way too over priced. Skaters aren't going to buy them

Reading is Fundamental
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Sneaker Pimp 562

The Supra NS line is way too over priced. Skaters aren't going to buy them

Reading is Fundamental
indifferent.gif

You skipped the middle part. He ask who was going to buy them, then stated that skaters aren't, presumably because they are overpriced and a NS model.Reading is fundamental
indifferent.gif

Ha. Thanks for the back up Uben. I know it's a "Non-Skate" version of a skate shoe because of the "high end materials" Butwho's gonna buy a $180+ "skate shoe" that's too nice to skate in. I already stated my love for the skytop and think it's one of the bestlooking shoes out there but is it popular enough for supra to do that?? If vans took a skate-hi and made it out of premium materials and sold it for $180bucks and it wasn't that limited, would people buy it? I don't think so. The whole point was I think the NS line is too overpriced and I wonder whotheir target market is?? Respond to this one Sneaker Pimp. Hopefully you understand what you read this time.

Ha. Thanks for the back up Uben. I know it's a "Non-Skate" version of a skate shoe because of the "high end materials" But who's gonna buy a $180+ "skate shoe" that's too nice to skate in. I already stated my love for the skytop and think it's one of the best looking shoes out there but is it popular enough for supra to do that?? If vans took a skate-hi and made it out of premium materials and sold it for $180 bucks and it wasn't that limited, would people buy it? I don't think so. The whole point was I think the NS line is too overpriced and I wonder who their target market is?? Respond to this one Sneaker Pimp. Hopefully you understand what you read this time.

Alright then i will,sk8-hi's retail for 55$ they would never be over 100$ thats non sense Vans already has a line that utilizes premium materials therepart of the '' Syndicate " line and they usually retail for 70$ or more, Syndicate's aren't designed for skateboarders either. The Pricedifference for Supra Sky-top's and the NS Skate Supra is 55$ that's about 2/5's more, Vans sk8-hi retail for 55$ and Syndicates retail for 70+thats about 20$ difference thats like 1/3 more. Who said they where not limited to my knowledge they are only available at Certain Supra dealers.There Target Market is Fans of the Shoe,The shoe has sold really well and most of there sells where notskaters ,i actually had a pair it was floral print and they are horrible the sole ripped off and rip easily.I got that pair for free thanks to united boardshop,but hype started after everyone said jay-z wore them which was not the case,after that i remember seeing various celebrities wearing the shoes for exampleChris Brown. You can Disagree all you want,but i remember seeing the gold/sliver pair in the shop for months and now they are highly sought for.BrooklynProjects released theres about a month ago for 200$ and they where not premium material's but since they where limited people bought them ,you really thinkskaters went to BP to wait in line for some simple sky-top's? Nope BP knows what people want they know supra sky-tops have bein popular so they chose themodel because they knew it was going to be a instant sell out.

any more questions?
wink.gif

Anything will sell with hype and that's a fact. BP chose the skytop cause the shop has close ties to Muska and even with the popularity of the skytop andonly being limited to 100 pairs it has NOT SOLD OUT. Was it the $200 dollar price tag?? You can still order a handfull of popular sizes off the BPwebsite, kids did go wait in line for the shoe on the release day, and the BP skytop was made of "premium" materials just like the NS line. If thatshoe didn't sell out, than why would a skytop made of the same materials, retails for the same price, and is available at more shops with higher quantitiesin circulation do well?? I don't think it would do well and that's my point. Even the vans syndicate line doesn't do extemely well. I see somany on the shelves all around southern california. The first series was the only one that really did great. Reguardless of how much of a mark up syndicatesare over the regular styles, they still retail for under $100. Things are only worth what people are willing to pay and anything over $120 for a shoe of anykind needs to be pretty appealing to a consumer despite its popularity. So because the skytop is popular, Supra thinks it can sell it for double if they usenice materials and sell it in less shops? I don't think so my friend. I'll wait for the NS line to hit sale racks just like the first series did whenthey dropped. You're $55 calculation(2/5's more) with the skytop is way off. MSRP is only $100 but shops feel they can charge more due to popluarity. reg skytop 100, NS skytop $180-$200. I guess the vans sk8-hi example I used was a little exaggerated in relation to the supra mark up so: a reg sk8 hi $65,a "NS" sk8 hi $130. Now to pay $130 for a sk8 hi wouldn't there have to some special incentive to buy it?? Even the proper Sk8 hi's wereonly a $20 dollar increase from a regular model and it used special materials and was super limited. Ya feel me?? All this cause you thought you were funnycause I said skaters weren't going to buy a non-skate version of a skate shoe. NO ONE WILL BUY AN OVERPRICED ANYTHING!!!!!

You're $55 calculation(2/5's more) with the skytop is way off. MSRP is only $100 but shops feel they can charge more due to popluarity. reg skytop 100, NS skytop $180-$200. I guess the vans sk8-hi example I used was a little exaggerated in relation to the supra mark up so: a reg sk8 hi $65, a "NS" sk8 hi $130. Now to pay $130 for a sk8 hi wouldn't there have to some special incentive to buy it?? Even the proper Sk8 hi's were only a $20 dollar increase from a regular model and it used special materials and was super limited. Ya feel me?? All this cause you thought you were funny cause I said skaters weren't going to buy a non-skate version of a skate shoe. NO ONE WILL BUY AN OVERPRICED ANYTHING!!!!!
Proper vans where 90$ retail for sk8-hi's is 50$that is 40$ more,how did i think i was funny?
eyes.gif
all i said was reading is fundemental ,was i trying to be funny? No simplystating something,i admit i was wrong and misunderstood.

-wouldn't there have to some special incentive to buy it?? They use premium materials and are limited to little supra accounts,what more do you want?

- NO ONE WILL BUY AN OVERPRICED ANYTHING!!!!! Wrong think Undftd Neighborhood Adidas's they retailed for quite alot,thats why there are resellers if people didnt buy overprices things there would be no sneaker market.

-Ya feel me?? Nope

-Supra thinks it can sell it for double if they use nice materials and sell it in less shops? I admit its a dumb move

-a reg sk8 hi $65, Nope retail is 50$ ,dont believe me? check it out
http://shop.vans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product2_10001_10147_10101_301943_-1

Wow, now you're whole arguement is how much vans skate hi's retail for?? Excuse me for being $10 bucks off in some cases unlike the $50 dollars youwere off on your Skytop comparison. And I'm not upset that the NS Skytop is premium and in less shops, the whole point is that the shoe is doublethe price and you agreed it is a dumb move on Supra's part. That was my whole point!!!!! I'd be done if you didn't say..."If peopledidn't buy overpriced things there wouldn't be a sneaker market". WTF are you talking about???? Most sneakers sell out at an MSRP, than becauseof popularity and demand people who already bought the shoe can than resell them for more. Love for limited sneakers fuels the market, not overpricing. Youknow that resellers sometimes loose money too right??? example: Aqua Free-Rods sold in some shops for $250 and if you put 'em on ebay you'd be luckyto get $200 bucks. This isn't true in all cases but it all depends on what people are willing to pay and I don't think people are willing to pay $200for a skytop that has over 1,200 pairs in circulation. People pay lots of money for limited sneakers cause they want to. If Heinekin dunks retailed for $500bucks when they dropped think they would have sold out??? No way. The price would have had to keep dropping till people started to buy them. That'scalled a market value my friend. Kinda crazy that some of the 14K skytops go for almost $200 though but that's cause of Jay Z. If supra could get rapstars to wear every NS model and color in videos/adds than I think they'd have a chance at doing well with the NS line.

That's called a market value my friend. Kinda crazy that some of the 14K skytops go for almost $200 though but that's cause of Jay Z. If supra could get rap stars to wear every NS model and color in videos/adds than I think they'd have a chance at doing well with the NS line.

Jay-Z never wore them im assuming your taking about the ''Umbrella" video,
laugh.gif
man you take the internet to seriously ,if you want i admit it i was wronghappy?
-Excuse me for being $10 bucks off in some cases unlike the $50 dollars youwere off on your Skytop comparison

roll.gif
did i hurt your feeling's?

Ha! You didn't hurt my feelings at all. Just making sure you know you were wrong! And yes, I have way too much time on my hands, hell it's my dayoff. Never saw the umbrella video but everyone said Jay Z rocked the gold and silver skytops in some video and since than Skytops got hype. Who knows, whocares. Thanks for an amusing day.

Back
Top Bottom