Remember The Jason Kidd and Jim Jackson Beef??

Toni Braxton is a teamwrecker..
laugh.gif

7c6176ac215abd7623b8c22c80a643b1.jpg

Jason and Jim -- part of the "Three J's" (Jamal Mashburn was the third) who were supposed to rebuild the Mavericks in the mid-1990s, feudedalmost the whole time they were together in Dallas -- 2 1/2 seasons. The cause of the rift? Well, Kidd accused Jackson of selfishness, on the court.
But saucier things happened (or didn't happen) off the court. The story goes that singer Toni Braxton stopped by the Mavs' hotel in Atlanta to pickup her date for the evening -- Kidd -- but left with Jackson instead. And then milked the ensuing publicity for all it was worth, telling a reporter who askedabout the situation, "I've at least heard of them [but] as far as dating, whether it's true or not, I can never kiss and tell."

Kidd demanded a trade -- either him or Jackson -- and the Mavs dealt him to the Suns. Jackson exited just a few months later . But both denied Braxtoncaused the rift. "I don't know how many times we have to say it," Jackson said. "He says it, I say it, it's never happened. It'sridiculous."

"I've never met her," Kidd said long after. "But those type of things hurt a young team. We didn't know how to handle it."

http://espn.go.com/page2/...eammatefeuds/031103.html

Damn, never knew that part...but imagine what coulda been in Dallas.

The story goes that singer Toni Braxton stopped by the Mavs' hotel in Atlanta to pick up her date for the evening -- Kidd -- but left with Jackson instead.

That's so trifling
laugh.gif

but it's probably better that she left with Jackson instead of Kidd...who knows if he would have punched her in the grill over some french fries thatnight...

I would've been mad too.

Toni Braxton was one of the hottest things going on back then...

toni-braxton.jpg

11020310_1207759004679_1.jpg

Big Baby lurkin' in the background...

1200163867_toni-braxton.jpg

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

The story goes that singer Toni Braxton stopped by the Mavs' hotel in Atlanta to pick up her date for the evening -- Kidd -- but left with Jackson instead.

That's so trifling
laugh.gif

but it's probably better that she left with Jackson instead of Kidd...who knows if he would have punched her in the grill over some french fries that night...
roll.gif
...and I co-sign with Scotty Frost 100%

That happened a year or so after I first started going to Mavs games. Those teams sucked! I loved the 3 J's though. Plus you had Popeye Jones!

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

shannon brown and ron artest next?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
lmao

you could tell trey wasn't on the same set, or he would've been all over her no 'mo

Tony is trifiling tho, she mac'd on trey during the soul train awards, and her husband wit 2 kids divorced or shortly after lol

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

That's so trifling
laugh.gif

but it's probably better that she left with Jackson instead of Kidd...who knows if he would have punched her in the grill over some french fries that night...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What a @$@$! (if this is true).
laugh.gif
SMH @ Jim Jackson if he knew that Kidd had a date with her as well.

But

triplej95-1.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23NoKaOi

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

7c6176ac215abd7623b8c22c80a643b1.jpg

the kicks in that pic
pimp.gif

Man I miss the good ol days of the NBA and for kicks
air uptempos....still the best in the game....one of my favorites ever....man i missed them days.

I remember when this happened. That team could have really done some things if they stuck together.
Toni Braxton was one of the hottest things going on back then...
100% Truth.

Back
Top Bottom