Remembering Chappelle's Show

Greatest sketch comedy show EVER. Guy laughing about that on the first page saying whose line is it anyway and in living color , those shows don't even come close sorry.

Greatest sketch comedy show EVER. Guy laughing about that on the first page saying whose line is it anyway and in living color , those shows don't even come close sorry.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

smh.gif
@ ppl thinking dave went mental

He couldn't handle the fame. He basically said the show ruined his life. It sucks but he did have a breakdown. He didn't just quit amicably.

I do miss the show though.
That's not what ended the show the real reason was because he realized how the show was demeaning black people and making fun of problems that black people still face to this day

He said he turned down the $50 million because he feel he was basically getting money to humiliate black people on TV daily

He wanted to ended the "black jokes" and racist jokes and replace them with different jokes , more "thoughtful" jokes

And the company pretty much told him the mainstream people watching the show would be too dumb to understand the jokes and told him to continue to make the same jokes so he left the show

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

smh.gif
@ ppl thinking dave went mental

He couldn't handle the fame. He basically said the show ruined his life. It sucks but he did have a breakdown. He didn't just quit amicably.

I do miss the show though.
That's not what ended the show the real reason was because he realized how the show was demeaning black people and making fun of problems that black people still face to this day

He said he turned down the $50 million because he feel he was basically getting money to humiliate black people on TV daily

He wanted to ended the "black jokes" and racist jokes and replace them with different jokes , more "thoughtful" jokes

And the company pretty much told him the mainstream people watching the show would be too dumb to understand the jokes and told him to continue to make the same jokes so he left the show

He was at a cross road of weather he should take the money and continue making jokes that he felt was demeaning and humiliating to African Americans or not take the money and walk away

while in his decision making process he went to Africa to surround himself with black culture and help him to learn about his roots then when he come back he made the decision to not do the show anymore

He was at a cross road of weather he should take the money and continue making jokes that he felt was demeaning and humiliating to African Americans or not take the money and walk away

while in his decision making process he went to Africa to surround himself with black culture and help him to learn about his roots then when he come back he made the decision to not do the show anymore

Amazing show, but if you'll excuse me, I've got to make me a nice feces sandwich.

Amazing show, but if you'll excuse me, I've got to make me a nice feces sandwich.

"I sprinkle diamonds in everything I eat, for 2 reasons..One, it's the most BALLER Shiii u could do and.. Two, it makes my dooki twinkle!"

laugh.gif
love the show and wish it didnt end but im glad dude did what he felt right and left the money on the table

"I sprinkle diamonds in everything I eat, for 2 reasons..One, it's the most BALLER Shiii u could do and.. Two, it makes my dooki twinkle!"

laugh.gif
love the show and wish it didnt end but im glad dude did what he felt right and left the money on the table

Originally Posted by hymen man

Yeah I def think Chappelle is done with anything on screen though, and it sucks because I know he still has it. =/

ive seen a couple of his post 'Show' standups.. dude is still funny as hell... yea, it's a shame the "white ppl" took over his show.

Originally Posted by hymen man

Yeah I def think Chappelle is done with anything on screen though, and it sucks because I know he still has it. =/

ive seen a couple of his post 'Show' standups.. dude is still funny as hell... yea, it's a shame the "white ppl" took over his show.

"If i had it my way, I would stay home all day, eat a turkey sandwich, watch scarface 50 times, and have sex all freaking day, then I dress up like a clown and surprise kids at schools, take a dump in the back of a movie theater and wait till someone sat in it.. squish, that's funny to me, I'd read, sing, and play violin, climb the mountains and the sing the songs I wanna sing......but I don't got that kind of time playboy."

"If i had it my way, I would stay home all day, eat a turkey sandwich, watch scarface 50 times, and have sex all freaking day, then I dress up like a clown and surprise kids at schools, take a dump in the back of a movie theater and wait till someone sat in it.. squish, that's funny to me, I'd read, sing, and play violin, climb the mountains and the sing the songs I wanna sing......but I don't got that kind of time playboy."

Back
Top Bottom