Reply to ESPN blog entry: NBA Double Standard Kobe and Lebron

But I'ma vouch for my boy, same way ya'll Laker fans vouch for KB.

IMHO, LeBron means more to his team than Kobe means to his.

Kobe has Gasol, Bynum, Fisher and Odom.

LeBron has Big Z.

Please provide an argument why Kobe does more for his team than LeBron. I got open ears
you dont get it do you. All the man is saying is Lebron hasnt done anything that Kobe hasnt done in the past two seasons. If Kobe wasnt the MVPin the last two seasons then why should Bron be the MVP now. That is what the entire argument is about.

So what, I was talkin out my a**
weve come to expect this from cavs fans

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

So what, I was talkin out my a**

But I'ma vouch for my boy, same way ya'll Laker fans vouch for KB.

IMHO, LeBron means more to his team than Kobe means to his.

Kobe has Gasol, Bynum, Fisher and Odom.

LeBron has Big Z.

Please provide an argument why Kobe does more for his team than LeBron. I got open ears.

I never said Kobe does more for his team than Lebron. You have to take in effect that they play in different systems and the fact that they play differentpositions. We don't know what Lebron would do in the triangle, and what Kobe could do in the Cavs system. I agree that Lebron is having a bigger, and moreimpressive season than Kobe individually, but in terms of the MVP award wins are a big factor...and the previous winners reflect that. The Cavs are only 6games over .500 and the Lakers are 40 - 17, with the best record in the West.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Lebron's averaging 30, 7, 7
END OF DISCUSSION.

How are you gonna end a discussion based of stats alone. There are so many other factors that make a player great besides stats.

This thread is basically a comparison thread now. Lakers fans saying Kobe is better Cavs fans saying Bron is better.

Just watch each of them dominate when they play and appreciate it.

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

I have a question, what is the most assists averaged by a player playing in the triangle offense?

Pippen with 7 apg....

Thanks
smile.gif

That's expected seeing as how Pippen was the facilitator in that offense.

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

/\ That article isn't downplaying Lebron at all...they're just saying when Kobe put up ridiculous numbers but his team's record wasn't overall he couldn't get the award...but Lebron has a big campaign for the award in the same situation.

He downplayed Bron by giving him a 30, 7 and 7 avg. instead of a 30, 8, 7 avg. I mean, it's not a BIG deal BUT he still did downplay him AND all the while trying to act like Kobe was playing with a team FULL of Smuch Parkers and Kwame Browns.

roll.gif
R u really being serious...Yea he gave 1 less rebound a game...give me a break... You make it seem like he said Bron was getting 25 5 4 or something like that...
laugh.gif
...this guy really said they downplayed bron by giving him one less rebound...You missed the whole point of the article obviously....

smh.gif
I LOVE how you TOTALLY missed the words i put in CAPs.
eyes.gif
Again:
I mean, it's not a BIG deal BUT he still did downplay
Only reason i said that was cause the guy that quoted me said AT ALL, so i was just being nitpicky.

And I get what this fool is saying in his "article/blog" but the fact that you can TELL he's totally bias pretty much takes away from hiscredibility.

I think that Kobe has been robbed of an MVP, but this dude sounds like he's a bitter Kobe fan.

We didn't need it to come down to these two to recognize the bias. Steve Nash won back to back MVP's.

laugh.gif
Another Kobe vs Lebron thread..it will never be settled whos better,atleast not on niketalk...i dont know why everyone cant just appreciate the greatness we have been blessed to witness from the two of them...Who cares about adamn MVP awards...just look who won the last 3
laugh.gif
Nash andNowitzki
indifferent.gif
it will never be settled whos better..everyone isentitled to there own opionion, only thing we can hope for is that they meet in the finals
eek.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
then it can all be settled in a best of 7 series
pimp.gif

very very true...but i don't think Lebron will win MVP this season. I think Kobe has a solid chance.

Who cares what the media thinks or does. We all know that the media is notorious for building athletes and other celebrities up only to tear them down later.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Who cares what the media thinks or does. We all know that the media is notorious for building athletes and other celebrities up only to tear them down later.

Realtalk. People forget Kobe was LeBron (in terms of popularity and being the face of the league) before the Colorado incident. It'll be the same whenLeBron has his first fiasco with a young white woman.
laugh.gif

Cuz lebron is the face of the NBA.... if Kobe doesnt get MVP dis season i mite not watch the NBA no more cuz itll be obvious that its not about who is the bestplayer on their team but who the NBA can give it 2 to please the media and fans.... And 2 say Kobe is shudnt get MVP dis Yr bcuz he's got help wud makeSteve Nash's 2 MVP's worthless cuz his team and the system he plays in is wat makes him look great as a player

The MVP award is an award that is based on the stats of that year alone. You can't compare MVP seasons because every year is different. If Kobe averaged100 points oneyear and he loses the MVP, you cant compare that to the next year when a guy wins it scoring 15 points a game.

I could see why Lebron could get MVP.. the MVP is the Most Valuable Player to his team in the league.. Not the Best player in the league..Who means more totheir team? THe answer is obvious...last i checked Lebron had a much more horrible surrounding cast, and Cleveland is 0-6 without him...Take Cleveland'sstarting 4 minus Lebron and have them play LAs starting 4 minus kobe pre trade deadline and see who would win...Kobe's team could win without him..not fora long period of time but they could.Cleveland has already proven that if Lebron doesn't play, even for just the second half, they have no chance ofwinning.

-If LeBron wins the MVP, it is bull**** because he is duplicating Kobe's past couple seasons and Kobe didnt win one. Plus Kobe's supporting cast wasworse than LeBrons (although not by much....they were both awful)

-If Chris Paul DOESNT win the MVP this year, it will COMPLETELY invalidate Steve Nash's two MVPs because he is doing the exact same thing Nash did in hisMVP seasons, with a worse supporting cast.

-Kobe should win it....probably wont. Its a shame.

-Im not here to start trouble, but Cavalier fans have quickly risen to the top of the most annoying fans list. Its unfair to the team because I know a LOT ofpeople are starting to dislike the Cavs because they dislike their fans.

Some of you guys are bumbling idiots. We know Bron is valuable to his team. It's quite obvious. For the record that 0-6 without him is crap. You can saythat about ANY superstar in the league. When they are gone of course the team gets worse. It's stupid to even suggest otherwise. The MVP, IMO and mostlikely the guys who vote, should go to the guy who takes his team to championship level. Which is something Bron certainly doesn't do. 2 more assists andrebounds are negligible because they aren't putting W's in the win column and they certainly don't take the Cavs to another level. Yes the guy whowrote this may be a little biased but he's right. Bron is doing NOTHING that Kobe hasn't already done...and not won an MVP for doing so. There is noway a guy who leads a mediocre team in maybe the weakest conference ever should win that award over a guy that propels his team to championship level. Sportsfans can see this, Laker fans can see this, Kobe riders obviously do but it's the Bron riders, Cavs fans, and Kobe haters that can't. Frankly the mediajust can't get over the fact that Kobe didn't rape someone. Which is quite stupid. Not only that they still make it out to be Kobe's fault for the"fall" of the Laker empire. There is not one legitimate reason that Bron should win MVP over Kobe, CP3, or KG. None. He plays for a team thatbasically doesn't matter. Which doesn't scream MVP to me....or anyone else really with a clear mind. The only person right now outside of Kobe thatshould win that award is CP3. If it's not one of those 2 we might as well get rid of the award. OR go back to players and coaches voting.

Kobe's high scoring seasons were different from Lebron's season. That was when kobe had the rep as an extremely selfish player who did nothing for histeammates. You're obviously not gunna give the mvp to someone like that. Lebron has always been a team player, just look at the amount of assists he gets.

And i believe that the lakers were performing better in the games when kobe was hurt, which TOTALLY invalidates mvp candidacy.

On the other hand, the cavs are around 0-8 without lebron which means two thing. They're complete TRASH without him, and they need him to make anythinghappen. And the cavs would have even more wins and less losses.

Kobe is right behind cp3 this year for mvp. He's playing great TEAM basketball. He's always looking to get his team involved and has shown that he isactually a pretty damn good passer. It doesn't bother him that he's getting less points and more turnovers due to the passing, because he's abouthis team now.

If kobe had the same exact stat line this season, and he was playing the same style of team and pass first basketball, and his team finished second, he wouldwin mvp. There's a reason why kobe is in the mvp talks this season. His STYLE of play. Dudes are acting like people hate on kobe just to hate on him.I'm positive that kobe has converted many of his haters this season into fans because of his style of play. That obviously shows that they didnt have ahate for kobe just because they didn't like him. They hated his selfishness.

Im not here to start trouble, but Cavalier fans have quickly risen to the top of the most annoying fans list. Its unfair to the team because I know a LOT of people are starting to dislike the Cavs because they dislike their fans.
Coming from a Lakers fan...WOW
laugh.gif

Ya'll own that ****.
laugh.gif

I hate Kobe but i'll be amazed if he doesn't win MVP this year.

People like Lebron and people don't like Kobe deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom