Report: Mitsubishi official says Evo franchise is dead

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Not surprised. The Evo comes across to me as a $35,000 civic or scion. No matter how fast, how great handling the car is, it's still a Civic/Scion/Lancer.

It is a small market of people that want that type of car and half of them probably prefer to mod their own car instead of buy it from the factory.

laugh.gif
not even from factory they're the same. You guys need to test drive one before talking smack
That's the perception.  I don't need to go out and test drive one.  The perception of the car is a $35-40K Lancer. 

You can drop $20 grand into a Civic so that it can smoke a Vette but it's still a Civic and you'll have a hard time adding $20 grand to the base price and selling that Civic/Scion/Focus for $40K

Holy crap, some of you should not discuss cars. The ignorance and clueless comments are laughable. No one "perceives" an EVO as a $40k civic. You are a fool.

Good riddance...most of the Evo drivers in my area are tools anyways,

M3>
roll.gif
That had, HAD to be sarcasm.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Not surprised. The Evo comes across to me as a $35,000 civic or scion. No matter how fast, how great handling the car is, it's still a Civic/Scion/Lancer.

It is a small market of people that want that type of car and half of them probably prefer to mod their own car instead of buy it from the factory.

laugh.gif
not even from factory they're the same. You guys need to test drive one before talking smack
That's the perception.  I don't need to go out and test drive one.  The perception of the car is a $35-40K Lancer. 

You can drop $20 grand into a Civic so that it can smoke a Vette but it's still a Civic and you'll have a hard time adding $20 grand to the base price and selling that Civic/Scion/Focus for $40K

Holy crap, some of you should not discuss cars. The ignorance and clueless comments are laughable. No one "perceives" an EVO as a $40k civic. You are a fool.

Good riddance...most of the Evo drivers in my area are tools anyways,

M3>
roll.gif
That had, HAD to be sarcasm.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

When the hell is a new supra gunna come out?

NEVER. The only thing close will be this:
 it's a collab between Toyota & Subaru set for 2012 release. FT-86 Turbo G concept
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

When the hell is a new supra gunna come out?

NEVER. The only thing close will be this:
 it's a collab between Toyota & Subaru set for 2012 release. FT-86 Turbo G concept
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Lancers are fwd and awd.  And like I said like a page ago,the "car head" that would prefer an Evo over a 328 is a very small demographic.  That's why they don't sell enough Evo's to justify making them.    

I would take a 328 over an Evo.  Most people I know would take the 328.  That's why you see so many 3 series on the road.
u see most people with 3 series cuz they can't afford a M3 and debadge it accordingly...where as a EVO you coppin no frillz rally car....its a literally as copping

a pair of jumpmans because they got a jordan logo VS copping a pair of foamposites which are technologically more advanced and cost more, and you having da

audacity to say "meh...i got on jordans still"
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Ok, I can get with that but instead of foamposites, it should be some technologically advanced fila's.  Since Nike/Jordan is like the top of the line sneaks.  People gonna go for the Jumpmen instead of the advanced and higher costing Fila's. 

Lancers are fwd and awd.  And like I said like a page ago,the "car head" that would prefer an Evo over a 328 is a very small demographic.  That's why they don't sell enough Evo's to justify making them.    

I would take a 328 over an Evo.  Most people I know would take the 328.  That's why you see so many 3 series on the road.
u see most people with 3 series cuz they can't afford a M3 and debadge it accordingly...where as a EVO you coppin no frillz rally car....its a literally as copping

a pair of jumpmans because they got a jordan logo VS copping a pair of foamposites which are technologically more advanced and cost more, and you having da

audacity to say "meh...i got on jordans still"
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Ok, I can get with that but instead of foamposites, it should be some technologically advanced fila's.  Since Nike/Jordan is like the top of the line sneaks.  People gonna go for the Jumpmen instead of the advanced and higher costing Fila's. 

There's a reason people are ridiculing you. Stop posting man. Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself.

The entire concept of the EVO is to build a rally car from the ground up. The AYC, S-AWC, turbo MIVEC, etc. are components that rival cars double the price. It shares nothing in common with a "Lancer" in that realm. Or else people would buy Lancer GTS and "mod" them to get to EVO levels.

It doesn't work like that. Same with the STi, same with the older GT-R's and their Skyline siblings. Get a #%@%@ clue before you post.

There's a reason people are ridiculing you. Stop posting man. Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself.

The entire concept of the EVO is to build a rally car from the ground up. The AYC, S-AWC, turbo MIVEC, etc. are components that rival cars double the price. It shares nothing in common with a "Lancer" in that realm. Or else people would buy Lancer GTS and "mod" them to get to EVO levels.

It doesn't work like that. Same with the STi, same with the older GT-R's and their Skyline siblings. Get a #%@%@ clue before you post.

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Do yall see the stock in these rising or falling?

nerd.gif
Falling.

I would never cop a used evo, though. Most of them are abused to hell by stupid teens.
i see Mitsubishi tryin to shed their image and goin all in with hybrids and electrics...i like obama but if his policies continue to be a enemy

of domestic drilling and clasifying CO2 as a toxin imma have to vote for someone else in 2012....

i see da car market mirroring da sneaker market, where enthusiast aren't gonna cop new cars anymore and just maintain older more powerful

vehicles da way us sneaker enthusiasts basically just keep copping retros and don't even pay mind to da latest kicks from running or basketball

except a for a select few options such as lebrons (mainly cuz they're designed with a profile da way older kick were) and kobes

for flat out performance..

and now that everyone has access to da internet, its EASY maintain and service these older cars with TONS of aftermarket reproduction parts.

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

Do yall see the stock in these rising or falling?

nerd.gif
Falling.

I would never cop a used evo, though. Most of them are abused to hell by stupid teens.
i see Mitsubishi tryin to shed their image and goin all in with hybrids and electrics...i like obama but if his policies continue to be a enemy

of domestic drilling and clasifying CO2 as a toxin imma have to vote for someone else in 2012....

i see da car market mirroring da sneaker market, where enthusiast aren't gonna cop new cars anymore and just maintain older more powerful

vehicles da way us sneaker enthusiasts basically just keep copping retros and don't even pay mind to da latest kicks from running or basketball

except a for a select few options such as lebrons (mainly cuz they're designed with a profile da way older kick were) and kobes

and now that everyone has access to da internet, its EASY maintain and service these older cars with TONS of aftermarket reproduction parts.

It sucks, it's like people these days just want "clean, green and hybrid" energy... good performance cars are a dying breed
30t6p3b.gif

It sucks, it's like people these days just want "clean, green and hybrid" energy... good performance cars are a dying breed
30t6p3b.gif

[h4]Mitsubishi Motors http://www.twitlonger.com/show/93ftl0
[/h4]
On Thursday 3rd March 2011, @mitsucars said:

Production of the current Lancer Evolution continues as planned.
As for its successor, regulations and market feedback will dictate its engineering package & architecture.

MMC has kept the Lancer Evolution sedan evolving as the brand's highest performing model in the global market. However, as the market's needs and demands change, MMC is considering not advancing the Lancer Evolution concept in the same way as before, but to find a different direction for the Lancer Evolution model to evolve. The new direction, the technologies involved, and corresponding products will be disclosed in due course.

[/h4]

As for its successor, regulations and market feedback will dictate its engineering package & architecture.

MMC has kept the Lancer Evolution sedan evolving as the brand's highest performing model in the global market. However, as the market's needs and demands change, MMC is considering not advancing the Lancer Evolution concept in the same way as before, but to find a different direction for the Lancer Evolution model to evolve. The new direction, the technologies involved, and corresponding products will be disclosed in due course.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

[/h4]

sounds like damage control to me, they knew a revolt was underway and are tryin to pacify da situation.....

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

[/h4]

sounds like damage control to me, they knew a revolt was underway and are tryin to pacify da situation.....

Yeah, I remember hearing about a hybrid version as the XI but info has been short on that end.

Yeah, I remember hearing about a hybrid version as the XI but info has been short on that end.

Back
Top Bottom