Report: Mitsubishi official says Evo franchise is dead

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by infam0usP

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

When the hell is a new supra gunna come out?

NEVER. The only thing close will be this:
�it's a collab between Toyota & Subaru set for 2012 release. FT-86 Turbo G concept
pimp.gif
That is the first concept tho. Second concept's thread: http://niketalk.yuku.com/...B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L?page=1
no that was the REGULAR FT-86 II concept bro. this is a different concept with Turbo, CF hood, & intercooler; was JUST revealed at a Tokyo Car Show the end of last year. There's FT-86, FT-86 Turbo G, & FT-86 II concepts
laugh.gif
And you know its coming out in 2012 with the carbon fiber hood and turbo, right? The G Sports Turbo concept came out over a year ago and is based off the first concept. Just revealed my %@@.
indifferent.gif
nobody knows which models are even being released in 2012 yet dummy
laugh.gif

the FT-86 is rumored to have a Scion version for Toyota, then a 4WD version for Subaru

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by onedollarballah23

Finnns, how do you like your GsR? I might Trade my X MR to a GSR next week.
I like it a lot. There have been some small gripes but that happens with any car. I'm at 54k miles so far and no major complaints. What are your reasons for switching?

*If you drive on the highway a lot, expect to cruise at 80 around 3500-4000 rpm in 5th, kind of annoying sometimes but an exhaust takes care of that.
eek.gif
Why so high? Thats a lot of gas.
Short gearing.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by onedollarballah23

Finnns, how do you like your GsR? I might Trade my X MR to a GSR next week.
I like it a lot. There have been some small gripes but that happens with any car. I'm at 54k miles so far and no major complaints. What are your reasons for switching?

*If you drive on the highway a lot, expect to cruise at 80 around 3500-4000 rpm in 5th, kind of annoying sometimes but an exhaust takes care of that.
eek.gif
Why so high? Thats a lot of gas.
Short gearing.

ninjahood backing up the Evo hardbody in this thread?
What. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

On some domestic flow though, those new Charger commercials. 
pimp.gif

ninjahood backing up the Evo hardbody in this thread?
What. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

On some domestic flow though, those new Charger commercials. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

Ok, I can get with that but instead of foamposites, it should be some technologically advanced fila's.  Since Nike/Jordan is like the top of the line sneaks.  People gonna go for the Jumpmen instead of the advanced and higher costing Fila's. 
There's a reason people are ridiculing you. Stop posting man. Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself.

The entire concept of the EVO is to build a rally car from the ground up. The AYC, S-AWC, turbo MIVEC, etc. are components that rival cars double the price. It shares nothing in common with a "Lancer" in that realm. Or else people would buy Lancer GTS and "mod" them to get to EVO levels.

It doesn't work like that. Same with the STi, same with the older GT-R's and their Skyline siblings. Get a #%@%@ clue before you post.

You're missing my point.  Nobody except you and a very small miniscule number of people care about AYC, S-AWC, turbo MIVEC, etc.  You can put a handbuilt Lamborghini engine in that Evo and it will still be a LANCER Evolution. 

Why would people buy a Lancer GTS to mod when there is a Lancer Evo?  That's like buying a V6 mustang to mod when there is a GT and Cobra available. 

Anyways you are still missing my point.  I'm talking from a business/marketing angle.  When the car looks like a Lancer, has "Lancer" in it's name before Evolution, it's difficult to sell it at that price regardless of what it has in it.

Ok, I can get with that but instead of foamposites, it should be some technologically advanced fila's.  Since Nike/Jordan is like the top of the line sneaks.  People gonna go for the Jumpmen instead of the advanced and higher costing Fila's. 
There's a reason people are ridiculing you. Stop posting man. Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself.

The entire concept of the EVO is to build a rally car from the ground up. The AYC, S-AWC, turbo MIVEC, etc. are components that rival cars double the price. It shares nothing in common with a "Lancer" in that realm. Or else people would buy Lancer GTS and "mod" them to get to EVO levels.

It doesn't work like that. Same with the STi, same with the older GT-R's and their Skyline siblings. Get a #%@%@ clue before you post.

You're missing my point.  Nobody except you and a very small miniscule number of people care about AYC, S-AWC, turbo MIVEC, etc.  You can put a handbuilt Lamborghini engine in that Evo and it will still be a LANCER Evolution. 

Why would people buy a Lancer GTS to mod when there is a Lancer Evo?  That's like buying a V6 mustang to mod when there is a GT and Cobra available. 

Anyways you are still missing my point.  I'm talking from a business/marketing angle.  When the car looks like a Lancer, has "Lancer" in it's name before Evolution, it's difficult to sell it at that price regardless of what it has in it.

laugh.gif
Volkswagen's fastest car is basically da top trim of its most basic car...so ur pointOf view isnt holdin ANY merit..especially when its been done hundreds of times, not to mentionPerformance is what cements a whip into legendary status...take for example da87 grand national being FASTER then da Corvette, firebird, camaro from da same year...You think anyone cares about Buick's luxury cars when da national was scorchin rubber? Nope.I don't mess wit benz or bimmers & da same rule applies to them, YES ppl do pay more for performance Regardless of da fact that da M3/M5, AMG versions of these cars look 95% to their base model counterparts.

laugh.gif
Volkswagen's fastest car is basically da top trim of its most basic car...so ur pointOf view isnt holdin ANY merit..especially when its been done hundreds of times, not to mentionPerformance is what cements a whip into legendary status...take for example da87 grand national being FASTER then da Corvette, firebird, camaro from da same year...You think anyone cares about Buick's luxury cars when da national was scorchin rubber? Nope.I don't mess wit benz or bimmers & da same rule applies to them, YES ppl do pay more for performance Regardless of da fact that da M3/M5, AMG versions of these cars look 95% to their base model counterparts.

laugh.gif
Are you still talking? I thought you were done. You say you're talking from a marketing angle? If that's the case you should realize that the EVO is not marketed to people buying civics and scions. It's marketed to drivers that want performance.  Every car maker from honda to dodge has a base model and a high-end performance model. Nobody goes to a dealer and says line up all the cars you got and I'll just pick one. In the case of Mitsubishi, the EVO is that car. That car is known worldwide due to it's showing in Rally championships, movies and other media. I honestly think you just don't know the difference between base and high end performance models. And honestly, that's fine, because just like collecting shoes is not for everyone, neither is driving a performance car.

laugh.gif
Are you still talking? I thought you were done. You say you're talking from a marketing angle? If that's the case you should realize that the EVO is not marketed to people buying civics and scions. It's marketed to drivers that want performance.  Every car maker from honda to dodge has a base model and a high-end performance model. Nobody goes to a dealer and says line up all the cars you got and I'll just pick one. In the case of Mitsubishi, the EVO is that car. That car is known worldwide due to it's showing in Rally championships, movies and other media. I honestly think you just don't know the difference between base and high end performance models. And honestly, that's fine, because just like collecting shoes is not for everyone, neither is driving a performance car.

Only an idiot would truly believe an EVO and regular Lancers are the same cars.
Please, just do us all a favor and click the X on the top right hand corner over there (or left if you're on a Mac.)

Only an idiot would truly believe an EVO and regular Lancers are the same cars.
Please, just do us all a favor and click the X on the top right hand corner over there (or left if you're on a Mac.)

Originally Posted by Al Audi

NT car talk

gotta loveit.

basically...da sad thing is things that you know off had logically from sneakers, people don't apply that same common sense to cars.....and da worlds mirror eachother

alot more then people give em credit for.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

NT car talk

gotta loveit.

basically...da sad thing is things that you know off had logically from sneakers, people don't apply that same common sense to cars.....and da worlds mirror eachother

alot more then people give em credit for.

�it's a collab between Toyota & Subaru set for 2012 release. FT-86 Turbo G concept
pimp.gif
That is the first concept tho. Second concept's thread: http://niketalk.yuku.com/...B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L?page=1
no that was the REGULAR FT-86 II concept bro. this is a different concept with Turbo, CF hood, & intercooler; was JUST revealed at a Tokyo Car Show the end of last year. There's FT-86, FT-86 Turbo G, & FT-86 II concepts
laugh.gif
And you know its coming out in 2012 with the carbon fiber hood and turbo, right? The G Sports Turbo concept came out over a year ago and is based off the first concept. Just revealed my %@@.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

the FT-86 is rumored to have a Scion version for Toyota, then a 4WD version for Subaru
You stated that the G Sport Turbo is being released in 2012. Toyota is planning to reveal the production version later this year at the Tokyo Auto Show. It could be based off the first concept, it could be based off the second concept, heck it could look totally different. Retracting your statements. Dummy.
laugh.gif

4WD version for Subaru.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

You stated that the G Sport Turbo is being released in 2012. Toyota is planning to reveal the production version later this year at the Tokyo Auto Show. It could be based off the first concept, it could be based off the second concept, heck it could look totally different. Retracting your statements. Dummy.
laugh.gif

4WD version for Subaru.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom