Report: Mitsubishi official says Evo franchise is dead

I have a Mazda3 right now and was planning on getting an Evo. Sad to hear they won't be making another after the X. 

I have a Mazda3 right now and was planning on getting an Evo. Sad to hear they won't be making another after the X. 

I still want an GG MR... Six years have passed since the press release for the IX. I haven't saved up anything and the $1k I did have I went out and bought a Miata
30t6p3b.gif

I still want an GG MR... Six years have passed since the press release for the IX. I haven't saved up anything and the $1k I did have I went out and bought a Miata
30t6p3b.gif

Further to some comments published in the press recently, production of the current Lancer Evolution continues as planned. As for its successor, regulations and market feedback will dictate its engineering package & architecture. Stay tuned. -MITSUBISHI

Further to some comments published in the press recently, production of the current Lancer Evolution continues as planned. As for its successor, regulations and market feedback will dictate its engineering package & architecture. Stay tuned. -MITSUBISHI

From Jalopnik...

Matt Hardigree — An offhand comment from Mitsubishi's global product director that "we must stop" making the Evo after the Lancer Evolution X had Subaru fanboys cheering and everyone else worried. But is it true?

Mitsubishi's Gayu Eusegi told Autocar that the vehicle so long responsible for the brand's image was no longer consistent with the brand's environmental goals.

We reached out to a Mitsubishi spokesman who would only say "The current Evo is planned through 2012-2013, but we're not talking about our plans after that."

A non-denial denial? We feel queasy.

From Jalopnik...

Matt Hardigree — An offhand comment from Mitsubishi's global product director that "we must stop" making the Evo after the Lancer Evolution X had Subaru fanboys cheering and everyone else worried. But is it true?

Mitsubishi's Gayu Eusegi told Autocar that the vehicle so long responsible for the brand's image was no longer consistent with the brand's environmental goals.

We reached out to a Mitsubishi spokesman who would only say "The current Evo is planned through 2012-2013, but we're not talking about our plans after that."

A non-denial denial? We feel queasy.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by tee99

$35k car that doesn't come with leather seats? ..easy to buy a car like that when you're spending your parents money. 
Where are you guys coming up with this stuff? It's better to remain quiet. Majority of EVO owners I've come across are hard-working, self-sufficient people.
both of you are ruh-tards... speculating how an entire group of ppl lives based on the vehicle they drive? there mayyyyyy be some merit to this thought process if we were talkin bentleys and aston martins but come on...

and no Im not going to give u a car to compare to the Evo so u can nit pick n tell me y the Evo is still better... its not difficult at all to find better value for 35k... at the end of the day its a personal preference like purchasing any automobile... I drive a 10' scion tc so I cant really talk hah... Id obv much rather have an Evo X but i paid half as much and am jus as pleased (I dont race, track or otherwise)
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by tee99

$35k car that doesn't come with leather seats? ..easy to buy a car like that when you're spending your parents money. 
Where are you guys coming up with this stuff? It's better to remain quiet. Majority of EVO owners I've come across are hard-working, self-sufficient people.
both of you are ruh-tards... speculating how an entire group of ppl lives based on the vehicle they drive? there mayyyyyy be some merit to this thought process if we were talkin bentleys and aston martins but come on...

and no Im not going to give u a car to compare to the Evo so u can nit pick n tell me y the Evo is still better... its not difficult at all to find better value for 35k... at the end of the day its a personal preference like purchasing any automobile... I drive a 10' scion tc so I cant really talk hah... Id obv much rather have an Evo X but i paid half as much and am jus as pleased (I dont race, track or otherwise)
tongue.gif

Well damn. The evo was gonna be my next car. I have an 03 Lancer. Whats the same type of car I could look at?
nerd.gif

Well damn. The evo was gonna be my next car. I have an 03 Lancer. Whats the same type of car I could look at?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I never understood the hype.
i ain't surprised...you got a hemi-less charger....

*rimshot*

hybrids are killing da fun cars one by one....these tree huggers gotta go jump off a bridge somewhere....
tired.gif

hybrid sport cars do take the fun away since you can't really tune em. but they CAN be fast cars. real fast. besides oil isn't a limitless resource ma dude. to be pushin a guzzler like the evo with gas prices where they are now (and rising) means you must be making wild $$. that or you're just stupid.

since we are on the topic of Evo, 3 questions:

1. wats good with that 5 speed gsr model? does it drive fine, or does it really need a 6th gear? (6th gear is more fuel efficient, so not understanding lack of it...
nerd.gif
)

2. wats good with that trunk space? it looks wild small, does it get the job done?

3. to the evo owners out there, what are some things you would change about the evo?

may be interested in getting a car in the future whenever i get a job, hence why i ask.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I never understood the hype.
i ain't surprised...you got a hemi-less charger....

*rimshot*

hybrids are killing da fun cars one by one....these tree huggers gotta go jump off a bridge somewhere....
tired.gif

hybrid sport cars do take the fun away since you can't really tune em. but they CAN be fast cars. real fast. besides oil isn't a limitless resource ma dude. to be pushin a guzzler like the evo with gas prices where they are now (and rising) means you must be making wild $$. that or you're just stupid.

since we are on the topic of Evo, 3 questions:

1. wats good with that 5 speed gsr model? does it drive fine, or does it really need a 6th gear? (6th gear is more fuel efficient, so not understanding lack of it...
nerd.gif
)

2. wats good with that trunk space? it looks wild small, does it get the job done?

3. to the evo owners out there, what are some things you would change about the evo?

may be interested in getting a car in the future whenever i get a job, hence why i ask.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Good riddance...most of the Evo drivers in my area are tools anyways,

M3>

laugh.gif
 M3 drivers are known for their douchbaggery tho...

Back
Top Bottom