Report: Mitsubishi official says Evo franchise is dead

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

One of the reasons why the nissan skyline gtr is regarded as the best sports car to come from japan.

I coulda sworn that was the NSX Type R.
roll.gif
 HELL NO!
the NSX has been discontinued since 2005 & the Nissan GTR has top 3 fastest Nurburgring lap times with 7:26.7 (source: http://jalopnik.com/#!5226034/2010-nissan-gttrims-nurburgring-time-to-7267)

that's faster than the Porsche Carrera GT, Pagani Zonda, Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggara, Ferrari 599, the list goes on...no other street-legal car compares on a track besides the Corvette ZR1

One of the reasons why the nissan skyline gtr is regarded as the best sports car to come from japan.

roll.gif
 HELL NO!
the NSX has been discontinued since 2005 & the Nissan GTR has top 3 fastest Nurburgring lap times with 7:26.7 (source: http://jalopnik.com/#!5226034/2010-nissan-gttrims-nurburgring-time-to-7267)

that's faster than the Porsche Carrera GT, Pagani Zonda, Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggara, Ferrari 599, the list goes on...no other street-legal car compares on a track besides the Corvette ZR1

Originally Posted by cguy610

Not surprised. The Evo comes across to me as a $35,000 civic or scion. No matter how fast, how great handling the car is, it's still a Civic/Scion/Lancer.

It is a small market of people that want that type of car and half of them probably prefer to mod their own car instead of buy it from the factory.

laugh.gif
not even from factory they're the same. You guys need to test drive one before talking smack
That's the perception.  I don't need to go out and test drive one.  The perception of the car is a $35-40K Lancer. 

You can drop $20 grand into a Civic so that it can smoke a Vette but it's still a Civic and you'll have a hard time adding $20 grand to the base price and selling that Civic/Scion/Focus for $40K

Not surprised. The Evo comes across to me as a $35,000 civic or scion. No matter how fast, how great handling the car is, it's still a Civic/Scion/Lancer.

It is a small market of people that want that type of car and half of them probably prefer to mod their own car instead of buy it from the factory.

laugh.gif
not even from factory they're the same. You guys need to test drive one before talking smack
That's the perception.  I don't need to go out and test drive one.  The perception of the car is a $35-40K Lancer. 

You can drop $20 grand into a Civic so that it can smoke a Vette but it's still a Civic and you'll have a hard time adding $20 grand to the base price and selling that Civic/Scion/Focus for $40K

Originally Posted by infam0usP

roll.gif
 HELL NO!

indifferent.gif
He's talking about the Skyline, not the GT-R. Not the same cars, dude.

Originally Posted by infam0usP

roll.gif
 HELL NO!

indifferent.gif
He's talking about the Skyline, not the GT-R. Not the same cars, dude.

eek.gif
 vid had me reconsidering my stance, although alot of these guys "opinions"/tests are paid for by the manufacturers

eek.gif
 vid had me reconsidering my stance, although alot of these guys "opinions"/tests are paid for by the manufacturers

Funny cuz I see the X's riding around lately and used car lots are flooded with em.
eek.gif
. Might have to scoop one up.
nerd.gif

Funny cuz I see the X's riding around lately and used car lots are flooded with em.
eek.gif
. Might have to scoop one up.
nerd.gif

Not surprised. The Evo comes across to me as a $35,000 civic or scion. No matter how fast, how great handling the car is, it's still a Civic/Focus/Scion/Lancer. 

laugh.gif
@ comparing an Evo to a Civic. I've never driven or Focus or a Scion, but I have owned a Civic with an Integra Type-R motor swapped in. As good as that it was, it was nothing like an Evo. If i hadn't bought my z i would've bought an evo.

Also, while the current EVO may resemble the Base model Lancer, they are nothing alike. This is like comparing a 328i to a M3. They may look alike, but there is a reason you're paying 30-40k more for an M3

Not surprised. The Evo comes across to me as a $35,000 civic or scion. No matter how fast, how great handling the car is, it's still a Civic/Focus/Scion/Lancer. 

laugh.gif
@ comparing an Evo to a Civic. I've never driven or Focus or a Scion, but I have owned a Civic with an Integra Type-R motor swapped in. As good as that it was, it was nothing like an Evo. If i hadn't bought my z i would've bought an evo.

Also, while the current EVO may resemble the Base model Lancer, they are nothing alike. This is like comparing a 328i to a M3. They may look alike, but there is a reason you're paying 30-40k more for an M3

Subaru really did win
frown.gif

Rip Evo

Can never forget when u were on film with Jacky chan. And then Paul walker. U will be missed.

Subaru really did win
frown.gif

Rip Evo

Can never forget when u were on film with Jacky chan. And then Paul walker. U will be missed.

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

Subaru really did win
frown.gif

Rip Evo

then Paul upgraded to a STi

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

Subaru really did win
frown.gif

Rip Evo

then Paul upgraded to a STi

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by finnns2003

this isnt 2003... your late haha Evos been dead... I bet they will be highly sought after one day tho because of the exclusivity factor, rarely see these things on the road
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Shut that #@%# up. My '08 X says otherwise. Go back under that Geico rock.

Right after ARC filed a bankruptcy...
Really, really sad.

good riddens
Our education system at its best ladies and gents...

As an EVO owner, I am extremely disappointed but saw this as a strong possibility. Mitsu has really lost their way and killing their only great car (other than the Outlander) screams of poor management and leadership.

Now out to the garage to hug my baby.
lol relax bro... its not our fault u spent your money on an Evo instead of sumthing better... not that they arnt GREAT cars... for the money theres way better tuners

my first whip was an 00 eclipse gt... only because my pops wouldnt let me buy the Evo or the vr4 3000gt I really wanted 
tired.gif

Like?

And for people complaining about the looks, thats subjective. 

nerd.gif

oh wait, he says hes not gonna list them...
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

another case of some kid talking out his *!*

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by finnns2003

this isnt 2003... your late haha Evos been dead... I bet they will be highly sought after one day tho because of the exclusivity factor, rarely see these things on the road
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Shut that #@%# up. My '08 X says otherwise. Go back under that Geico rock.

Right after ARC filed a bankruptcy...
Really, really sad.

good riddens
Our education system at its best ladies and gents...

As an EVO owner, I am extremely disappointed but saw this as a strong possibility. Mitsu has really lost their way and killing their only great car (other than the Outlander) screams of poor management and leadership.

Now out to the garage to hug my baby.
lol relax bro... its not our fault u spent your money on an Evo instead of sumthing better... not that they arnt GREAT cars... for the money theres way better tuners

my first whip was an 00 eclipse gt... only because my pops wouldnt let me buy the Evo or the vr4 3000gt I really wanted 
tired.gif

Like?

And for people complaining about the looks, thats subjective. 

nerd.gif

oh wait, he says hes not gonna list them...
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

another case of some kid talking out his *!*

Back
Top Bottom