Report: Mitsubishi official says Evo franchise is dead

Originally Posted by scshift

4j6r5u.jpg

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a used Evo X to compliment my GTR when I'm older
ohwell.gif

Me too. Such a perfect combo
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

bro, you're not copping any of those cars NEW for the price of an evo.  the hell you talkin about man?  it's common knowledge the evo is the best bang for your buck. 

yeah, i'll go cop a 300zx for 10k.  spend a few grand in mods and smash on evos all day. we're talking about new here.
indifferent.gif

speaking on hybrids... they disgust me.  there were cars in the 80's getting better gas millage than hybrids now.  they are a complete marketing gimmick for the sheep.  those things are HELL for the environment to produce.  you gotta mine in canada then ship it over to china to make the battery.  wheres the fuel savings in that?
indifferent.gif
  sheep cop hybrids.  look at europe, they do it right.  they got 1.4l dual charged cars pushing 50+ mpg.  or you can get a TDI volkswagen and get 50+ mpg too.  people who cop hybrids are idiots.  straight up. you're not helping global warming, you're just following a stupid trend. 

bro, you're not copping any of those cars NEW for the price of an evo.  the hell you talkin about man?  it's common knowledge the evo is the best bang for your buck. 

yeah, i'll go cop a 300zx for 10k.  spend a few grand in mods and smash on evos all day. we're talking about new here.
indifferent.gif

speaking on hybrids... they disgust me.  there were cars in the 80's getting better gas millage than hybrids now.  they are a complete marketing gimmick for the sheep.  those things are HELL for the environment to produce.  you gotta mine in canada then ship it over to china to make the battery.  wheres the fuel savings in that?
indifferent.gif
  sheep cop hybrids.  look at europe, they do it right.  they got 1.4l dual charged cars pushing 50+ mpg.  or you can get a TDI volkswagen and get 50+ mpg too.  people who cop hybrids are idiots.  straight up. you're not helping global warming, you're just following a stupid trend. 

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

/\ maybe I dont give a rats %%% if its AWD? like I said its all personal preference... best bang for ur buck?... no leather, no navi? 40 gs? laughable... as if the drive train would be affected by adding some luxury
laugh.gif

PLZZZZ... as I said from my very first post... GREAT car... def lackin in areas that theres no rational excuse for... the Recaro contract shoulda been nixed yeaarss ago n maybeee theyd still be in production

Evos and WRXs are just not my cup of tea and no performance talk is going to change my mind... I drive my car to work and around town... theres no autobahn n Pennsylvania
luxury is overated

performance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> luxury each and everytime

a car with 500 horses 30 years from now is still gonna be dope doing 500 horses, meanwhile something you think was luxurious today

like GPS is gonna be looked upon as NORMAL and boring in a couple of years...

looks like american muscle is gonna be da last stand in blue collar performance
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

/\ maybe I dont give a rats %%% if its AWD? like I said its all personal preference... best bang for ur buck?... no leather, no navi? 40 gs? laughable... as if the drive train would be affected by adding some luxury
laugh.gif

PLZZZZ... as I said from my very first post... GREAT car... def lackin in areas that theres no rational excuse for... the Recaro contract shoulda been nixed yeaarss ago n maybeee theyd still be in production

Evos and WRXs are just not my cup of tea and no performance talk is going to change my mind... I drive my car to work and around town... theres no autobahn n Pennsylvania
luxury is overated

performance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> luxury each and everytime

a car with 500 horses 30 years from now is still gonna be dope doing 500 horses, meanwhile something you think was luxurious today

like GPS is gonna be looked upon as NORMAL and boring in a couple of years...

looks like american muscle is gonna be da last stand in blue collar performance
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by infam0usP

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

One of the reasons why the nissan skyline gtr is regarded as the best sports car to come from japan.

I coulda sworn that was the NSX Type R.
roll.gif
 HELL NO!
the NSX has been discontinued since 2005 & the Nissan GTR has top 3 fastest Nurburgring lap times with 7:26.7 (source: http://jalopnik.com/#!5226034/2010-nissan-gttrims-nurburgring-time-to-7267)

that's faster than the Porsche Carrera GT, Pagani Zonda, Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggara, Ferrari 599, the list goes on...no other street-legal car compares on a track besides the Corvette ZR1
dont forget da viper ACR

Originally Posted by infam0usP

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

One of the reasons why the nissan skyline gtr is regarded as the best sports car to come from japan.

I coulda sworn that was the NSX Type R.
roll.gif
 HELL NO!
the NSX has been discontinued since 2005 & the Nissan GTR has top 3 fastest Nurburgring lap times with 7:26.7 (source: http://jalopnik.com/#!5226034/2010-nissan-gttrims-nurburgring-time-to-7267)

that's faster than the Porsche Carrera GT, Pagani Zonda, Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggara, Ferrari 599, the list goes on...no other street-legal car compares on a track besides the Corvette ZR1
dont forget da viper ACR

Originally Posted by dnaisdaillest

Originally Posted by cguy610

Not surprised. The Evo comes across to me as a $35,000 civic or scion. No matter how fast, how great handling the car is, it's still a Civic/Focus/Scion/Lancer. 

It is a small market of people that want that type of car and half of them probably prefer to mod their own car instead of buy it from the factory.

laugh.gif
@ comparing an Evo to a Civic. I've never driven or Focus or a Scion, but I have owned a Civic with an Integra Type-R motor swapped in. As good as that it was, it was nothing like an Evo. If i hadn't bought my z i would've bought an evo.

Also, while the current EVO may resemble the Base model Lancer, they are nothing alike. This is like comparing a 328i to a M3. They may look alike, but there is a reason you're paying 30-40k more for an M3

An Evo is a Lancer.  A Lancer = Civic = Focus.  BMW's are luxury cars.  You're comparing apples and oranges, that's not a valid comparison.  A BMW owner is going to be way less price sensitive and goes for a different demographic.

Not surprised. The Evo comes across to me as a $35,000 civic or scion. No matter how fast, how great handling the car is, it's still a Civic/Focus/Scion/Lancer. 

It is a small market of people that want that type of car and half of them probably prefer to mod their own car instead of buy it from the factory.

laugh.gif
@ comparing an Evo to a Civic. I've never driven or Focus or a Scion, but I have owned a Civic with an Integra Type-R motor swapped in. As good as that it was, it was nothing like an Evo. If i hadn't bought my z i would've bought an evo.

Also, while the current EVO may resemble the Base model Lancer, they are nothing alike. This is like comparing a 328i to a M3. They may look alike, but there is a reason you're paying 30-40k more for an M3

An Evo is a Lancer.  A Lancer = Civic = Focus.  BMW's are luxury cars.  You're comparing apples and oranges, that's not a valid comparison.  A BMW owner is going to be way less price sensitive and goes for a different demographic.

laugh.gif

BMWs are sports cars FIRST, luxury second.

laugh.gif
@ whoever says a lancer with AWD and da handling + muscle its got comparing it to a front wheel drive puny civic...

NTers love talkin out there +@+ when it comes to cars...you got a muscle car guy like me DEFENDING da evo cuz your idiots think

its comparable to a damn civic or ford focus
laugh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ whoever says a lancer with AWD and da handling + muscle its got comparing it to a front wheel drive puny civic...

NTers love talkin out there +@+ when it comes to cars...you got a muscle car guy like me DEFENDING da evo cuz your idiots think

its comparable to a damn civic or ford focus
laugh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

your comparison isn't valid either.  you're comparing fwd to awd.  yea ok.  some people get bimmers for the name.  sure someone who drives a 328 will compare it to a honda.  but i grantee the car head who drives a m3 would rather have an evo over a 328.  luxury or not.

i'm talking people who appreciate driving, not attention %*%@%!.

laugh.gif

your comparison isn't valid either.  you're comparing fwd to awd.  yea ok.  some people get bimmers for the name.  sure someone who drives a 328 will compare it to a honda.  but i grantee the car head who drives a m3 would rather have an evo over a 328.  luxury or not.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

laugh.gif

Lancers are fwd and awd.  And like I said like a page ago,the "car head" that would prefer an Evo over a 328 is a very small demographic.  That's why they don't sell enough Evo's to justify making them.    

I would take a 328 over an Evo.  Most people I know would take the 328.  That's why you see so many 3 series on the road.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

laugh.gif

Lancers are fwd and awd.  And like I said like a page ago,the "car head" that would prefer an Evo over a 328 is a very small demographic.  That's why they don't sell enough Evo's to justify making them.    

I would take a 328 over an Evo.  Most people I know would take the 328.  That's why you see so many 3 series on the road.

Different market for both. What's so hard to grasp about that?

Same goes for the mustang and m3. Completely different market for both of those cars

Different market for both. What's so hard to grasp about that?

Same goes for the mustang and m3. Completely different market for both of those cars

Originally Posted by ninjahood

That's just foolish.  And a Lancer, Focus, and Civic have near the same base price($14K-20K new) and target the same demographic so they are comparable.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

That's just foolish.  And a Lancer, Focus, and Civic have near the same base price($14K-20K new) and target the same demographic so they are comparable.

Back
Top Bottom