Report: Mitsubishi official says Evo franchise is dead

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by ninjahood

An Evo is a Lancer.  A Lancer = Civic = Focus.  BMW's are luxury cars.  You're comparing apples and oranges, that's not a valid comparison.  A BMW owner is going to be way less price sensitive and goes for a different demographic.
BMWs are sports cars FIRST, luxury second.
That's just foolish.  And a Lancer, Focus, and Civic have near the same base price($14K-20K new) and target the same demographic so they are comparable.
thats a lancer, not an EVO. Jeez this cat is on some other @%*@

An Evo is a Lancer.  A Lancer = Civic = Focus.  BMW's are luxury cars.  You're comparing apples and oranges, that's not a valid comparison.  A BMW owner is going to be way less price sensitive and goes for a different demographic.
That's just foolish.  And a Lancer, Focus, and Civic have near the same base price($14K-20K new) and target the same demographic so they are comparable.

Originally Posted by onedollarballah23

^ this guy doesnt know anything about cars.
I bet I know more about cars than you.  Argue all you want, there's a reason these didn't sell.  I see way more M3's on the road than Evo's.  But which car costs way more?  I wonder why. 

Originally Posted by onedollarballah23

^ this guy doesnt know anything about cars.
I bet I know more about cars than you.  Argue all you want, there's a reason these didn't sell.  I see way more M3's on the road than Evo's.  But which car costs way more?  I wonder why. 

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Yea ok.  Go pick up some chicks in that car, they gonna tell you that's a Lancer.
laugh.gif

Yea ok.  Go pick up some chicks in that car, they gonna tell you that's a Lancer.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by dnaisdaillest

Not surprised. The Evo comes across to me as a $35,000 civic or scion. No matter how fast, how great handling the car is, it's still a Civic/Focus/Scion/Lancer. 

It is a small market of people that want that type of car and half of them probably prefer to mod their own car instead of buy it from the factory.

laugh.gif
@ comparing an Evo to a Civic. I've never driven or Focus or a Scion, but I have owned a Civic with an Integra Type-R motor swapped in. As good as that it was, it was nothing like an Evo. If i hadn't bought my z i would've bought an evo.

Also, while the current EVO may resemble the Base model Lancer, they are nothing alike. This is like comparing a 328i to a M3. They may look alike, but there is a reason you're paying 30-40k more for an M3

your comparison isn't valid either.  you're comparing fwd to awd.  yea ok.  some people get bimmers for the name.  sure someone who drives a 328 will compare it to a honda.  but i grantee the car head who drives a m3 would rather have an evo over a 328.  luxury or not.

i'm talking people who appreciate driving, not attention %*%@%!.

Lancers are fwd and awd.  And like I said like a page ago,the "car head" that would prefer an Evo over a 328 is a very small demographic.  That's why they don't sell enough Evo's to justify making them.    

I would take a 328 over an Evo.  Most people I know would take the 328.  That's why you see so many 3 series on the road.
u see most people with 3 series cuz they can't afford a M3 and debadge it accordingly...where as a EVO you coppin no frillz rally car....its a literally as copping

a pair of jumpmans because they got a jordan logo VS copping a pair of foamposites which are technologically more advanced and cost more, and you having da

audacity to say "meh...i got on jordans still"
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Not surprised. The Evo comes across to me as a $35,000 civic or scion. No matter how fast, how great handling the car is, it's still a Civic/Focus/Scion/Lancer. 

It is a small market of people that want that type of car and half of them probably prefer to mod their own car instead of buy it from the factory.

laugh.gif
@ comparing an Evo to a Civic. I've never driven or Focus or a Scion, but I have owned a Civic with an Integra Type-R motor swapped in. As good as that it was, it was nothing like an Evo. If i hadn't bought my z i would've bought an evo.

Also, while the current EVO may resemble the Base model Lancer, they are nothing alike. This is like comparing a 328i to a M3. They may look alike, but there is a reason you're paying 30-40k more for an M3

your comparison isn't valid either.  you're comparing fwd to awd.  yea ok.  some people get bimmers for the name.  sure someone who drives a 328 will compare it to a honda.  but i grantee the car head who drives a m3 would rather have an evo over a 328.  luxury or not.

Lancers are fwd and awd.  And like I said like a page ago,the "car head" that would prefer an Evo over a 328 is a very small demographic.  That's why they don't sell enough Evo's to justify making them.    

I would take a 328 over an Evo.  Most people I know would take the 328.  That's why you see so many 3 series on the road.
u see most people with 3 series cuz they can't afford a M3 and debadge it accordingly...where as a EVO you coppin no frillz rally car....its a literally as copping

a pair of jumpmans because they got a jordan logo VS copping a pair of foamposites which are technologically more advanced and cost more, and you having da

audacity to say "meh...i got on jordans still"
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

audacity to say "meh...i got one jordans still"
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Ninjahood got a decent analogy here

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Ninjahood got a decent analogy here

laugh.gif

I dont care what an ignorant chick thinks, since when are you supposed to buy a car based on what dumb broads who know nothing about cars think. She prob dont know what an M3 is either, its just a beamer to her, so your point is moot. At least a dumb broad can probably tell that theres a lotta carbon, scoops and all types of other performance lookin @!$+ on most evos, she gon guess its fast, especially cuz she prob dont know what a lancer is.

Youre not using ur car to pick up birds unless you got ZERO game or are stunting heavy, not M @!$+, but 100k+ whips type @!$+. You dumb for that comment, broads dont know nothing but big wheels and chrome or badges if they know nothing bout cars. Come through in a Ferrari or an old school on 20 sumthings, ignorant broads wont notice anything else.

laugh.gif

I dont care what an ignorant chick thinks, since when are you supposed to buy a car based on what dumb broads who know nothing about cars think. She prob dont know what an M3 is either, its just a beamer to her, so your point is moot. At least a dumb broad can probably tell that theres a lotta carbon, scoops and all types of other performance lookin @!$+ on most evos, she gon guess its fast, especially cuz she prob dont know what a lancer is.

Youre not using ur car to pick up birds unless you got ZERO game or are stunting heavy, not M @!$+, but 100k+ whips type @!$+. You dumb for that comment, broads dont know nothing but big wheels and chrome or badges if they know nothing bout cars. Come through in a Ferrari or an old school on 20 sumthings, ignorant broads wont notice anything else.

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Best analogy here.

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Best analogy here.

laugh.gif

Oh, so we buying cars now to pick up chicks? Okay, that's cool, except even if you were that lame, you'd probably realize that most girls don't even know what an M3 is. One girl I talked to thought it was a gun
laugh.gif

I don't know about you, but if I met a girl who appreciated the performance of an Evo, she'd probably be a keeper. Unlike some girl who just thinks a BMW is cool cause all the rich boys drive one.

Not that I'd even consider buying a car to get girls
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Oh, so we buying cars now to pick up chicks? Okay, that's cool, except even if you were that lame, you'd probably realize that most girls don't even know what an M3 is. One girl I talked to thought it was a gun
laugh.gif

I don't know about you, but if I met a girl who appreciated the performance of an Evo, she'd probably be a keeper. Unlike some girl who just thinks a BMW is cool cause all the rich boys drive one.

Not that I'd even consider buying a car to get girls
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom