RESTOCK Vol EASTBAY AUGUST 25, 2015

There seems to be a lot of that here.

Well, everywhere.

The irony of it all is we are in the information age.

Post of the day BTW.

Cheers!!
This. and its so apparent in these forums now a days that people literally dont do an ounce on research and base everything they saf off of half baked logic 

You're way misinformed. A billion dollar brand doesn't need marketing ploys. If any release sold at half MSRP JB would still bank.
Well, everywhere.

Post of the day BTW.
Cheers!!

Disagreed. These companies definitely do ploys tho this situation is more a product of Eastbay wanting attention than jordan brand.

Marketing is everything and to say that the product would sell at half is a duhhhhhh moment. They are trying to sell at full retail tho which is a harder sale.

Disagreed. These companies definitely do ploys tho this situation is more a product of Eastbay wanting attention than jordan brand.

Marketing is everything and to say that the product would sell at half is a duhhhhhh moment. They are trying to sell at full retail tho which is a harder sale.

View media item 1688391
What do you call this? This was a DTLR restock from last night. Was able to cop a 12 with no bot.

View media item 1688391
What do you call this? This was a DTLR restock from last night. Was able to cop a 12 with no bot.

no clue with what point you are trying to make. if you dont understand business, you need not comment.

no clue with what point you are trying to make. if you dont understand business, you need not comment.

My point is it loos like these companies are just trying to move inventory not get attention or release just a few pairs. I'm well aware of how business works, don't think you know who you're talking too. Inventory sitting costs companies money. It's a fact. Their is more than one reason companies have surplus inventory. Its not always just a ploy.

My point is it loos like these companies are just trying to move inventory not get attention or release just a few pairs. I'm well aware of how business works, don't think you know who you're talking too. Inventory sitting costs companies money. It's a fact. Their is more than one reason companies have surplus inventory. Its not always just a ploy.

i sure dont know what I'm talking about. thats exactly why we have these restocks on "sold out" product. you act like this stuff was just sitting online and no one was buying.

are you even familiar with DTLR? i am and i know how they get down. i was a frequent shopper there BEFORE a website for them popped up. they definitely aren't sitting on this product because they can't sell it.

id love for you to explain to me how come all these shoes weren't on these same websites since release date. i really would.

i sure dont know what I'm talking about. thats exactly why we have these restocks on "sold out" product. you act like this stuff was just sitting online and no one was buying.

are you even familiar with DTLR? i am and i know how they get down. i was a frequent shopper there BEFORE a website for them popped up. they definitely aren't sitting on this product because they can't sell it.

id love for you to explain to me how come all these shoes weren't on these same websites since release date. i really would.

Yes I am familiar with how online ordering with any company that sells Jordan's work. I was also a frequent shopper of DTLR back in the day at the Underground store in Atl. What point is that making?
Not sure where all the venom is coming from, but without having direct inside knowledge I think we all are going off of hypotheticals here.

Who knows why a company truly stashes shoes for a year or all of a sudden has inventory of an older release when before they were sold out?

Who knows why a company truly stashes shoes for a year or all of a sudden has inventory of an older release when before they were sold out?
Because it creates hype. A popular shoe that's already difficult to obtain, sells out. Three months later more inventory just "shows up" and everyone is buzzing and swarming and fevering over the same shoe they were trying to get. They create hype for the same product over and over which increases interest in the brand and maintains it's relevancy.

There's no other explanation as to why they would "sell out" and then appear months down the road. Once, twice, three times....They aren't just finding "lost" inventory. A company the size of Nike doesn't just lose product that hot over and over and over....

It's good marketing. Great marketing, actually. Nike is one of the best in the world at marketing their products, maintaining their influence and relevancy, and continuing to create trends. This doesn't just happen for no reason.

Last edited:
I have spoken to managers of FNL, FTL, FA etc...as to why companies still have iventory left over after a RD. I'm under the impression that there is no one reason as to why that happens, but doing these "restocks" to create hype is definitely one of them. No doubt.

Because it creates hype. A popular shoe that's already difficult to obtain, sells out. Three months later more inventory just "shows up" and everyone is buzzing and swarming and fevering over the same shoe they were trying to get. They create hype for the same product over and over which increases interest in the brand and maintains it's relevancy.

There's no other explanation as to why they would "sell out" and then appear months down the road. Once, twice, three times....They aren't just finding "lost" inventory. A company the size of Nike doesn't just lose product that hot over and over and over....

It's good marketing. Great marketing, actually. Nike is one of the best in the world at marketing their products, maintaining their influence and relevancy, and continuing to create trends. This doesn't just happen for no reason.

This. these companies have been doing this for years now and they have been hoarding small inventory for things like this "back to school" restock for the attention.

You're way misinformed. A billion dollar brand doesn't need marketing ploys. If any release sold at half MSRP JB would still bank.
are you kidding me lol. Nike and jbs entire company is centered around marketing ploys. Every fortune 500 company that is involved in sales uses marketing ploys just turn on your tv or look at all those ads on your pc. What's the point of advertising 40 pairs of however many shoes are on sale when thousands of people want them? It causes brand excitement which is win win for the brand. When this thread started and everyone was excited I was the only one that said the chances of getting a pair was nil to none and how many people got a pair? They could of not abldvertised and still sold out so why do you think they did? Nike and jb success is centered around marketing ploys just ask bugs bunny and marvin the martian.

Last edited:
Well, everywhere. Nikes entire brand is centered on marketing ploys. Bugs bunny

Post of the day BTW.
Cheers!!
Nikes entire company is centered around marketing ploys. Bugs bunny, space jam and every other gimmick they do to sell shoes

that logic they would of been out of business years ago. If quarterly sales are down that reeks havoc on any company fortune 500 or not. Rest a sure the successful models are picking up the slack for the models that don't. Anything that gets people excited about their product whether they get a pair or not is a complete pro for the brand

Your post is a little difficult to read. Do your homework, Q4 sales aren't down.

that logic they would of been out of business years ago. If quarterly sales are down that reeks havoc on any company fortune 500 or not. Rest a sure the successful models are picking up the slack for the models that don't. Anything that gets people excited about their product whether they get a pair or not is a complete pro for the brand

Your post is a little difficult to read. Do your homework, Q4 sales aren't down.

Serious question. Q4 sales relative to which company?
I think this recent thing is a back to school ordeal vs meeting numbers but I'm just curious which company you are referring to.

I'm not sure any of this restock stuff this week put a dent in anyone's bottom line.
Nike just released GS sizes
Eastbay did larger sized items and scattered other sizes
DTLR probably put the most stuff up (assumption)

Last edited:
Well, everywhere. Nikes entire brand is centered on marketing ploys. Bugs bunny

Post of the day BTW.
Cheers!!
sorry that's not what I was implying. My point was Nike and jb does use marketing ploys that along with other marketing is what sells their product

A billion dollar brand doesn't need marketing ploys.
What? 
laugh.gif

Marketing is what helped take Nike and Apple to the top, and keep them up there. Virtually every company needs proper marketing to stay competitive.

Last edited:
I think this recent thing is a back to school ordeal vs meeting numbers but I'm just curious which company you are referring to.

I'm not sure any of this restock stuff this week put a dent in anyone's bottom line.
down sales is a problem to any company. Not saying Nike sales are down but if course if projected sales aren't reached or if there down its a problem. Jobs will be lost and different directions will be taken.

Last edited:
What? :lol:

Marketing is what helped take Nike and Apple to the top, and keep them up there. Virtually every company needs proper marketing to stay competitive.
Thank you, I think the meaning of marketing ploys is a little understood in this thread.

down sales is a problem to any company. Not saying Nike sales are down but if course if projected sales aren't reached or if there down its a problem. Jobs will be lost and different directions will be taken.

Not sure why you addressed this quote but it was a very specific question I asked. I didn't need the lecture on down sales. I know how business works.

Did I mention I got A's in my Econ & Business Mngmt classes in college...and I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. So I think that makes me a pro at this. Jusssayin.
wink.gif

JB, read duro78's post. he was implying that JB sales were down this quarter due to non sellout releases. This thread is getting a little much, going back to Retro.

JB, read duro78's post. he was implying that JB sales were down this quarter due to non sellout releases. This thread is getting a little much, going back to Retro.

Gotcha. I just wanted to be sure. If I remember correctly, none of the Eastbay or dtlr stuff matters to JB since it's already purchased by the vendors and has already counted towards their bottom line.
The nike.com or outlet releases do help boost margins tho.

Back
Top Bottom