Review:Jordan XX 3/4

I received my XX 3/4 this week from Uptempoair. This review is only after 2 wearings. Both for about an hour and a half. Sorry for the long read.

Weight/Position
Im 58 and weigh 135 pounds. I play PG and am usually out on the fastbreak or slashing into the lane.

Sizing
I got my normal size (10) and these fit perfectly. I would definitely say true to size.

Fit & Comfort
I have normal width feet and had no problems with the 3/4. However, if you have extremely wide feet I probably wouldnt advise you to get these. There was a little movement inside the shoe but nothing that had me constantly worried. The cut of the shoe is the same as the XX Mid. One reason I didnt buy the original lows was that the cut was significantly lower than Im used to. I think thats saying something considering that I play in other low tops. But the XX 3/4 were great for me.

As far as comfort goes, they did feel close to the XX Mid. However, they dont feature the full length bootie that the Mid does. Although I've never had a problem with the Mid, I have read complaints about them being too snug. If this is a big concern of yours I would suggest looking into the 3/4. Another problem that many people have with the XX is the ankle strap. Because of its absence on the 3/4 theres a better range of motion at the ankle.

Ankle Support
The most obvious difference between the Mid and the 3/4 is without a doubt the ankle strap. Although the ankle support wasnt as good I still felt supported and protected. Although this felt great to me, Im used to wearing lows so I would recommend trying these on to see if this aspect of the shoe will suit you. Regarding ankle support, the best comparison I can make is to the Nike Air Zoom Drive. If youve worn the Drive's and were comfortable with the ankle support provided in them the XX 3/4 should be okay for you too.

Cushioning
IPS. What more can I say? The same great cushioning from the XX is provided in the 3/4.

Traction
Like other XXs, this is wear the 3/4 falls short. I was playing on a different court then I usually play on, and it wasnt well kept at all. Even though that should be kept in mind, I was sliding around more than I ever have. Im sure that on a better court, I would at least have something better to say about the traction.

Verdict

In my opinion, the XX 3/4 can be used by any player, as long as youre not afraid to wear a low top shoe.

Ratings
Comfort & Fit:5/5
Ankle Support:4/5
Cushioning:5/5
Traction:3/5

sounds good. i really want to get these but for casual not ballin. does anyone know if anymore colors are comin out?

nice review....to me they seem to be more casually-oriented, but i'd bet they would be one of the best lowtops for balling

btw, how is the creasing/durability?

I'm actually amazed at how little they've creased. There's no creases anywhere. So they're pretty close to the regular XXs in that category too. They seem pretty durable.

Quote:
The traction on 20's isn't that good? I thought it would be great.

The white/red/black, QS, and regional colorways all use translucent rubber on the IPS pods which results in bad traction. The Stealth colorway doesn't use them and has the best traction as a result.

I'm assuming that the XX 3/4 use the translucent herringbone traction pods???
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Go Mustangs!

Looking to TRADE size 11.5 white/black/maize XIII lows for a size 11.

that's cool that it doesn't crease that much....the only thing that is stopping me from getting them is that I just can't kick that image of the shoe looking all wrinkled like an old man. There's almost too much texture; I'm afraid that it will look like the entire shoe is full of creases. Anyone feeling the same way?

Thats a cool review, but i tried them on today and i tried on my normal size but i got a half size bigger on the mids. And the 3/4s felt a bit bigger then the mids to me.

nice review, but remember that the original xx is considered a HIGH TOP and the 3/4 is the mid top version. all in all that was still a good review :smile:
smile.gif

Quote:
I'm assuming that the XX 3/4 use the translucent herringbone traction pods???

Yes.

jayz4daz, I referred to them as low tops because the cut is that of a low. The original is more of a mid top. Almost none of the shoes that are released today are true high tops.

great review, but i do not agree with the traction of the XX. i play mainly outdoors with dirt, dust and sand and the traction is terrific, when i played indoors too, the court was dusty and it was great.

this is comparing it to my last beat up shoe which was the AZG
Kung gusto mo bilhin mo!

Back
Top Bottom