review: nike zoom lebron VI

lebron 6 review, im a point guard and just went to the gym yesterday with some friends and balled.
heres my review.

traction- 9/10..i played on a pretty clean court so i dunno if that had to do with anything.
comfort- 8.5/10..this shoe is very comfortable. i would compare it to the lebron 4's in comfort
weight- 8.5/10..i played in the lebron 4's and 5's and thought they were both heavy, this is a awesome step up from the last two.
As i played for about an hour, my feet started to sweat very bad. To me, these lebrons dont have a very good ventilation system build into them. luckily ibrought 2 pairs of socks, cause the first pair was drenched.
I dont think youll be spraining your ankle in these shoes, i usually wear ankle guards, i didnt playing with these, and i was fine.
performance- I would suggest this shoe to a forward or a larger guard.
hoped this helped some of you.
Peace.

You probably don't need "ankle guards" in most of the shoes you wear.

Did you wear COTTON socks?

Man, anybody else got a better review of these?

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

typical Lebron shoes. Full length zoom, bulky and pricey
Even though they are on sale to the general public...make no mistake his line of shoes wereengineered for him. He's a 6'8' 250+ athlete, his requirements for a shoe will more than likely be different then lets say the average NT'er.Too bulky or heavy...hey there's always the Kobe line for you.

I personally find the LBJ line a very protective line of shoe. The extra weight is negligible if you are already big and strong. The bulkiness in some waysadds to the protective factor of the shoe. They guard your feet well against the forces of explosive movement. For me that is paramount. But your mileage mayvary.

well said elder watson, the only lebron i just could not play ball in are the iv's, they just don't work for me.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

typical Lebron shoes. Full length zoom, bulky and pricey
Even though they are on sale to the general public...make no mistake his line of shoes were engineered for him. He's a 6'8' 250+ athlete, his requirements for a shoe will more than likely be different then lets say the average NT'er. Too bulky or heavy...hey there's always the Kobe line for you.

I personally find the LBJ line a very protective line of shoe. The extra weight is negligible if you are already big and strong. The bulkiness in some ways adds to the protective factor of the shoe. They guard your feet well against the forces of explosive movement. For me that is paramount. But your mileage may vary.
Nicely put. I have only one thing to add. Zoom LeBron VI is light! From the whole LeBron line only AZG is lighter. It weights pretty much the sameas Zoom BBs (about 16.50 oz) and it's lither than for example Kobe I
eek.gif
eek.gif
Yes yes

Light and comfortable that's how I would describe the Six. The level of comfort is amazing! I still have to do some balling in those, but I need to get theGR first.

Originally Posted by kaczalas

Nicely put. I have only one thing to add. Zoom LeBron VI is light! From the whole LeBron line only AZG is lighter. It weights pretty much the same as Zoom BBs (about 16.50 oz) and it's lither than for example Kobe I
eek.gif
eek.gif
Yes yes

Light and comfortable that's how I would describe the Six. The level of comfort is amazing! I still have to do some balling in those, but I need to get the GR first.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Thanks.
Looking forward to testing them on the court.

Well I played 2 hours of basketball in them last night and here's my take. As for comfort they are spectacular. Probably the most comfortable Lebron made.Very soft inside and the double stack zoom heel is great to have when coming down. It's also a very stable shoe. Cutting side to side was great and my footfelt very solid and protected all over. The weight is definitely an improvement. They never become heavy or clunkly and they don't weigh you down at all asyou get tired. The ankle tightness was perfect. It has a good lockdown fit and still gave you good mobility. It had really good court feel but with the thickmidsole it's nothing like a Kobe where it feels like you're almost walking on the hardwood. But it's still very good under the forefoot and providea great range of motion all the way through your step. The ventilation wasn't great but wasn't bad either. It was nothing that really bothered me and Iwear two pairs of dryfit socks and it was pretty much the same amout of sweat as any other shoe I ball in. The only things I would really complain about is thelaces feel like they loosen up a bit during play and almost feel like they are going to untie at times because of the material they are made out of and for methey could have been a little bit longer to really get them tied up tight. And the other thing is that the traction wasn't all that incredible. I did playinside on a slightly dusty court but when I've used my Lebron IV's and V's on the same court I've definitely had better traction. Maybe after afew wears the rubber will soften up a bit and get better but for first play they were just Ok in the traction department. I agree that Nike should pretty muchjust stick with the herringbone traction. The Jordan 18's have the most simple yet effective traction of all time in a bball shoe. That should be thepattern for every basketball shoe made. But that's just my opinion. But overall the new Lebron is a great shoe. I think it's the most comfortable andsoftest shoe in the Lebron line and I love the look of it. I will definitely be playing many hours of basketball in this one. I would give it a 4.5 out of 5rating.

Originally Posted by jc619er

Well I played 2 hours of basketball in them last night and here's my take. As for comfort they are spectacular. Probably the most comfortable Lebron made. Very soft inside and the double stack zoom heel is great to have when coming down. It's also a very stable shoe. Cutting side to side was great and my foot felt very solid and protected all over. The weight is definitely an improvement. They never become heavy or clunkly and they don't weigh you down at all as you get tired. The ankle tightness was perfect. It has a good lockdown fit and still gave you good mobility. It had really good court feel but with the thick midsole it's nothing like a Kobe where it feels like you're almost walking on the hardwood. But it's still very good under the forefoot and provide a great range of motion all the way through your step. The ventilation wasn't great but wasn't bad either. It was nothing that really bothered me and I wear two pairs of dryfit socks and it was pretty much the same amout of sweat as any other shoe I ball in. The only things I would really complain about is the laces feel like they loosen up a bit during play and almost feel like they are going to untie at times because of the material they are made out of and for me they could have been a little bit longer to really get them tied up tight. And the other thing is that the traction wasn't all that incredible. I did play inside on a slightly dusty court but when I've used my Lebron IV's and V's on the same court I've definitely had better traction. Maybe after a few wears the rubber will soften up a bit and get better but for first play they were just Ok in the traction department. I agree that Nike should pretty much just stick with the herringbone traction. The Jordan 18's have the most simple yet effective traction of all time in a bball shoe. That should be the pattern for every basketball shoe made. But that's just my opinion. But overall the new Lebron is a great shoe. I think it's the most comfortable and softest shoe in the Lebron line and I love the look of it. I will definitely be playing many hours of basketball in this one. I would give it a 4.5 out of 5 rating.
Thanks, that's exactly what I was afraid of when I tried them on. I wish they would use similar lacing system to the V's cause that wasright on point - easy to lace up and great lockdown feeling. VI's are kinda hard to tie really tight.

As for the traction... well I hope it's not that bad. I love the traction in V's.

^^ I totally agree. The V's had a great lacing system and the traction on them was better. Like I said I'm hoping that a few more wears and the rubberwill soften up a bit and the traction will get better and sticker. That happened with my Melo M3's. Right off the bat the traction was a bit slippery butthey got better as I played in them. But as for the laces they are what they are and I can't even figure out how to change the laces because one I love thelook of the laces and two it seems almost impossible to lace them under the forefoot strap.

When it comes to tying them tight, is it a lot like the Zoom Kobe 1s? Where no matter how tight you tried to get them, they seemed to loosen up during play?

the fact that they do that makes me not even consider them...i broke my ankle in the kobe 1s.

after reading all the reviews both here and on other sites, i decided to go try therse on for myself. first thing i realized, no one has these here in batonrouge. we have 2 malls here, the one i went to has a footlocker, footaction, champs, finishline, hibbet sports and a man of fashion. of those 6 only footactiongot them in. not sure if other areas of the country are flooded with them or not but i found that odd. anywho... after trying them on it took all of 3 steps torealize these are the most comfortable lebron yet. hands down. period. so i bought them and wore them in a game tonight without breaking them in beforehand. ihad to go up half a size like with all lebrons but these seem to run a little smaller than normal. i put on a pair of nba socks and it made them a tad tootight for my liking which left me with my backup socks, a pair of nike dri-fit no-show running socks. now for a back story, i wore a pair of ankle socks withmy lebron 4's in our game last night and the backs of my ankles no longer has skin on them(this was my fault for grabbing the wrong socks, i knew better).so needless to say i was planning to have a skin graph done in the morning because i knew what was coming. but i was wrong. there was no aggrevation at all dueto the low socks. these are lower cut than the 4's. as far as the feel on the court goes, it was great, not a single complaint. i'm a big guy,6'1" about 220 and these hug my feet like no other. i've read a couple reviews where the complaint was made that the ankle area was loose or thelaces weren't tight but i can say i had none of these issues. traction was great(court was clean so that helped i'm sure). breathablity could be betterbut it's not a deal breaker, i'm not a sweat hog so it didn't really bother me. i know this shoe doesn't push the envelope like the XX3 or thehyperdunks do(these are way more comfortable than both) but i think it's a great shoe overall.

i just got these and gave them a run. overall its a great shoe. very comfortable and light. ive been hearing theres a problem with the heel lockdown. if youdont swing the laces through to the outer leather layer, it goes a long way to tighten the shoe's feel. hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom