Review Request: Jordan 2010 or Kobe V?

Haven't seen anyone compare these two shoes yet but they seem to be the hottest performance low tops on the market today. Anyone have a chance to ball in both kicks? Your input would be great. Aesthetics aside, which shoe has more responsive zoom, breathability, comfortability and traction? I'm torn between the two. I've seen raving reviews on the Kobe V's and I was gonna get them since I loved the 4's.

I dunno. I have some high hopes performance wise for the 2010, but the bottom loaded zoom looks like it might just be hype. and since I'm the dude that wrote one of those raving reviews (title for the thread is "great basketball shoe of all time"), I'm happy with the V, and no way I need to spend almost 2 bills just to find out. I'm curious too

First off the shoe is light. With the front of the shoe not being attached in the normal fashion allows for a lot of give when moving forward and making cuts.  The window allows for ventilation and keeps your feet cool.  Other than that there's really no need for it.  The shoe seems to have an inner sock without having an inner sock.  As the front isn't attached your foot is encapsulated by a mesh looking sock below the toe cap.  With the full length air the shoe is comfortable.  If your tend to play above the rim and do a lot of jumping and landing it will be a plus.  However, it must be noted that I'm 5'7 and weigh 170.  So for me this shoe is good due to my constant jumping and landing.  But for you larger guys I don't know.  However, I must say that the 2009 was much more comfortable in my opinion.  The durability of the 2010 is good but the leather is not as durable as it's predecessor and is prone to scuffing easier.  Overall it's a good shoe for indoor balling.  But with a price point at $170 before tax there are a lot of other choices that are just as good, if not better.  Such as the KD2 which offers comfort and a good lockdown feel at a price that is about $70-80 bucks less.  But you decide. Hope this helps in the decision making process.  Be easy.

However, I must say that the 2009 was much more comfortable in my opinion. The durability of the 2010 is good but the leather is not as durable as it's predecessor and is prone to scuffing easier. Overall it's a good shoe for indoor balling. But with a price point at $170 before tax there are a lot of other choices that are just as good, if not better. Such as the KD2 which offers comfort and a good lockdown feel at a price that is about $70-80 bucks less. But you decide. Hope this helps in the decision making process. Be easy.

^^^you could change the name of the shoe and this review would hold true for just about any jordan offering.

Originally Posted by mt3130

However, I must say that the 2009 was much more comfortable in my opinion. The durability of the 2010 is good but the leather is not as durable as it's predecessor and is prone to scuffing easier. Overall it's a good shoe for indoor balling. But with a price point at $170 before tax there are a lot of other choices that are just as good, if not better. Such as the KD2 which offers comfort and a good lockdown feel at a price that is about $70-80 bucks less. But you decide. Hope this helps in the decision making process. Be easy.

^^^you could change the name of the shoe and this review would hold true for just about any jordan offering.
I agree, but that pretty much is the problem with Jordan's lately. The groundbreaking performance enhancements just aren't there anymore from Jordan Brand's flagship offering, and the Kobe V for $40 less (and can be iD'd) is just a better shoe and their design team executed on the vision they had for a shoe which is pioneering in terms of performance from a low-cut, extremely lightweight basketball shoe.

Basically, Jordan Brand need to pick up their game as the Kobe design team as well as others is leaving them in the dust.

Originally Posted by Lem

First off the shoe is light. With the front of the shoe not being attached in the normal fashion allows for a lot of give when moving forward and making cuts.  The window allows for ventilation and keeps your feet cool.  Other than that there's really no need for it.  The shoe seems to have an inner sock without having an inner sock.  As the front isn't attached your foot is encapsulated by a mesh looking sock below the toe cap.  With the full length air the shoe is comfortable.  If your tend to play above the rim and do a lot of jumping and landing it will be a plus.  However, it must be noted that I'm 5'7 and weigh 170.  So for me this shoe is good due to my constant jumping and landing.  But for you larger guys I don't know.  However, I must say that the 2009 was much more comfortable in my opinion.  The durability of the 2010 is good but the leather is not as durable as it's predecessor and is prone to scuffing easier.  Overall it's a good shoe for indoor balling.  But with a price point at $170 before tax there are a lot of other choices that are just as good, if not better.  Such as the KD2 which offers comfort and a good lockdown feel at a price that is about $70-80 bucks less.  But you decide. Hope this helps in the decision making process.  Be easy.

roll.gif
dude 5'7 170...you are in the larger guy category buddy...you are actually considered overweight for your height...im just saying.

Made the the mistake of buying the AJ2009 for balling and it was my worst basketball shoe purchase of the year. I'm not going to make the same mistake with the 2010 until they hit the outlets. But thanks for the review I'm still curious how they perform.

Made the the mistake of buying the AJ2009 for balling and it was my worst basketball shoe purchase of the year. I'm not going to make the same mistake with the 2010 until they hit the outlets. But thanks for the review I'm still curious how they perform.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

the 09's and the 2010's are two totally different shoes.  Personally i felt like the 09's were hella stiff, and i think the 2010's arent that way because of the bottom loaded zoom.  Just a guess though.

everyone is slobbing on the kobe 5s, but i was disappointed when i tried them on the other day. the forefoot zoom air is tiny.....then it hit me. this shoe has the exact same set up as the huarache 2k4, which explains why everyone loves them. the heel zoom air unit is huge and they skimped big time on the forefoot. its a little circle under the knuckle of the big toe and thats it for forefoot cushioning.

im up on my toes alot, so i immediately noticed that issue. if price isnt an issue, buy the jordan 2010s. bottom loading the zoom air makes it feel softer and squishier because it puts the softer foam between your foot and the cushioning unit. then the zoom is double stacked in the heel for additional impact protection.

i like the 2010s but when i tried em on they felt a lil heavy. gotta try em on again

Jordan 2010 WILL HIT MARSHALL for $50 in about 4-5 months . Don't waste your money on them right now

Just played ball in my new AJ 2010's. Was really surprised how light the shoe is. As for the plastic window, it worked great because of the increased ventilation. The bottom loaded zooms were really comfortable. The technology used in the shoe is really superb!

got my 2010's(D. Wade PE) from the Nike Clearance store for $89. I haven't got a chance to try them yet as I am still all over my hyperfuses.

Back
Top Bottom